Friday, February 4, 2011

Fit Review of the Silver Hot Class Tank

My Silver Hot Class Tank came this afternoon. I reallly like it but am a little on the fence as to whether to keep it. I think it fits a little looser in the bust than the Black luxtreme/sheer luon I tried on yesterday because I am not squishing out of it like I did in the other one even though it is one size down from my normal tank size. The Silver Hot Class Tank is also better for those with large busts because the top part doesn't stretch as much as the luxtreme version. In the other version the weight of my boobs stretches both the straps and the luxtreme so it pulls the top down and reveals a lot of cleavage. The top stays in place much better in the silver luon version. The straps are still super stretchy so it doesn't give a lot of support but I can do low impact activities in this tank such as Bar Method and weight lifting. In the luxtreme version I wouldn't even wear the tank walking around Disneyland because there would be too much bounce. I can definitely wear this top for walking. I also prefer the circle mesh bottom because it has a little more weight and doesn't cling to lumps and bumps like the sheer luon. I am on the fence about keeping it because I don't know how much use I would get out of it. I am playing with layering various bras under it so I can use it for spin and I'll let you know if I come up with a workable solution. However, the decision may be out of my hands since the darn hang tag snapped off as I was taking the top off. I don't think it's a major problem because they can just thread a plastic thingy through the tag but it's annoying. I think I am leaning towards keeping it - it's super cute and a very flattering design. One nit - the hang tag price was $52 but the on-line price was $62. I wonder if it will be re-priced when it hits the stores.

Update - I tried layering my Free To Be Bra and a Flow Y under this tank and hated them both. However, I did put the cups in the tank and that helps a bit.  One thing, since I am bustier the bottom part of the outer silver luon "bra" rides a bit high - part way up my boobs. The underlayer built-in bra part sits where it should but since I don't want to show a ton of cleavage I pull the tank up. Since it's all black it's not that noticeable. You can kind of see what I am talking about on the aruba one in the web photo:

The gray lower portion of the tank starts a bit high on her bust - not at the actual location of the underside of her bust.

13 comments:

RunMama said...

Thanks for the review. I am very tempted by the silver hot class top. Do you think it's too close to the No Limits tank though, which I just bought two of? Re: the $10 price difference, call lulu and they will refund you. I just did this today, I noticed I paid $58 for my Liberty Tee yet the hang tag said $48. It was a 2 minute phone call and no problem at all. Hmm, I think I will order one since you say the hang tag is less...

Anonymous said...

thank you!

LuluAddict said...

@ Run mama - The Hot class is a more fitted tank and not nearly as flowing as the No Limit. As far as I am concerned, I can never have enough circle mesh tanks. They are wonderful for sweaty workouts or hot weather.

Anonymous said...

Is the silver hot class more one tone than the regular ones? The regular black one is clearly two toned and of materials.

I like the fact the circle mesh isn't as clingy! The sheer luon is definitely showing that I'm not as in shape as I would lime to be.

Becky said...

You are so lucky to receive this so quickly. I ordered my CSS CRB yesterday, received the FedEx delivery notification moments ago, expected delivery date: Feb 14. AGONY! Oh well, I will let hubby know my V-Day gift is on it's way :)

Thanks for the review of the Silver Hot Class Tank. Wish they made this in a 12..

Anonymous said...

thank you for the review. makes me feel a lot better about having purchased- won't be here for a while. ordered both the aruba/coal sheer luon AND the silver luon black.

Kate said...

Hey LA,
There have been more photos of Sandra Bullock in here Lulu workout wear. Is she wearing the Hot Class Tank here?

http://justjared.buzznet.com/photo-gallery/2516810/sandra-bullock-workout-woman-10/

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 5:25 pm - The Silver Hot Class tank looks like a solid black tank. You really can't tell the top and bottom portion are different materials unless you are close up and the colors match perfectly.

@ RunMamma - I called the GEC and they said the price is $62 in the system and the tag price was printed in error. Do you think I should call again and try for a different person?

RunMama said...

@LA - doesn't matter if the tag price was an error. If that's what it says, that's the price! Tell them you can send them a pic of the tag and you don't appreciate being over-charged. I did order one and I'll let you know what my tag says.

Anonymous said...

@LuluAddict, I bought the hot class tank in store yesterday and am loving it! I didn't get the silver version, I got the PC/ Coal luxtreme, but I love it. The sheer luon is possibly the softest thing I've ever felt and it feels like magic on. I'm a smaller chested gal (34B), and I don't find it terribly supportive either. It would be good for spin or gym workouts, but I can't wear it running, which is my activity of choice the past few months. I also find that the sheer fabric and bust line are a little high- even on a smaller chest, it still starts a half inch from the bottom of my bust and probably a full inch higher than the elastic at the base of the built in bra. I think it might just be the make of the shirt- if I had bought a size up, it would be too big.

@RunMama, I also ordered the No Limit (though like many of you, it usually takes 2 full weeks for my orders to get to NS! I was in Halifax yesterday so I tried to buy what I could there, but most of my orders take weeks. My No Limit isn't even here yet. Sigh!) I find the styles to be very different. Both are light and well-ventilated, but the hot class has a lower and more fitted cut especially at the chest, and even the body of the shirt is more fitted.
-Jenn

Student-at-Law said...

LuluAddict; you need to give the GEC a smackdown. Shame on Lululemon for not adjusting your price to what was marked on the tag. That's actually the law!! Ask to speak to a supervisor and don't take no for an answer. I'm extremely disappointed in Lululemon displaying these antics and there legislation in place to deal with it.

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 10:32 am - I have a couple of Power Dance Tanks with Sheer Luon and do love the fabric a lot. The sheer luon is the reason I bought the Power Dance tank in the first place. Sheer Luon and circle mesh are two of my favorite light weight fabrics. Silverescent is the third but I am not sure if they are making that anymore.

I was reviewing the website photos of the previous release of the Hot Class tank and they all show the sheer luon portion starting partially up the bust so that is the design.

@ Student-at-Law - I will try calling again. The answers you get at the GEC seem very dependent on who you get. The issue has been raised on the FB site so they might have changed their stance.

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 10:32 am - I have a couple of Power Dance Tanks with Sheer Luon and do love the fabric a lot. The sheer luon is the reason I bought the Power Dance tank in the first place. Sheer Luon and circle mesh are two of my favorite light weight fabrics. Silverescent is the third but I am not sure if they are making that anymore.

I was reviewing the website photos of the previous release of the Hot Class tank and they all show the sheer luon portion starting partially up the bust so that is the design.

@ Student-at-Law - I will try calling again. The answers you get at the GEC seem very dependent on who you get. The issue has been raised on the FB site so they might have changed their stance.