Friday, February 4, 2011

More Silver Luon, Please!!!!

I am fully on board the silver luon band wagon, now. My Challenge Tank is probably my most favorite tank these days. I was skeptical of the design (and price!) when it first came out but bought it once they dropped the price to a more reasonable $58. The more I wear this tank, the more I love it. The design is is a lot like a Push UR Limits with the wide straps and mesh back but the material is thicker so it holds you in and shapes you much better plus the flaw/nip coverage is fantastic. I don't have to put the cups in when I wear it to spin and my chest stays in place, even when bent over the bike doing sprints. I find the material more breathable than luon even though it seems a bit thicker.

My silverescent Hot Class tank will be coming this afternoon and I cannot wait to try it on. I am hoping against hope it will be supportive enough for me but I fear my girls will overwhelm the straps. I'll let you all know in my fit report.

Lululemon should make a lot more tanks with silver luon bra portions to give maximum support. The silver luon blows away power luxtreme for compression and shaping. I also would like to see more crop styles in this material - why not silver luon groove and boogie crops in addition to running crops? How about an All Sport or 50 Rep bra made of Silver luon? The Challenge bra was too skimpy for larger busted ladies but I would love a bra in this material. Silver luon in colors would be wonderful, too. Also, please bring back the Challenge tank, it's a great design. All in all, silver luon is awesome.

13 comments:

Laurie said...

Yessss! I would love Reverse Groove shorts and WUs with the Silver Luon, please!
Can't wait for your report on the Hot Class Tank...mine won't be here till Tuesday. I'm so glad I got one!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I can't wait to read your review on the silv. hot class tank. I am still nursing my twins and so am worried that my "girls" won't fit into this top. Please don't let a few haters stop you from doing real life reviews. I am a new lulu fan and having cute, quality workout clothes has helped me look forward to working out again post pregnancy. Thanks so much for your efforts with this blog!

Sweatyyogi said...

I'm so bummed i missed out on this tank the size 10 (no 12 grrrrr) sold out in Canada right away. I've called the GEC twice already and are telling me it might be online only :(

I hope you hate yours, then you can sell it to me? LOL

ChiRunner said...

I hope the silver luon line is popular enough that Lulu makes silver items in colors other than black. That hot class tank would be gorgeous in a wish blue silver luon with circle mesh bottom.

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to the fit review! I haven't bought this yet and am not sure what size to order!

Anonymous said...

An educator at my store said the silver luon experiment was a big company disappointment as far as sales went. Yet, it came back in the hot class (perhaps it was already in the pipeline)? Will be curious to see if it comes out in other colors and styles.

LuluAddict said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LuluAddict said...

@ Anon 2:51 pm - I'm sure it was. The designs were quite odd and probably appealed to a small segment of people. I mean, what is Lululemon's best seller - the Cool Racerback tank? That is the tank I see most when I spot Lulu out and about. A very ordinary, non-head turning tank. All the silver luon designs were pretty out there. However, I think the silver luon fabric is fabulous so I hope they don't give up on it. I'm sure the Silver Hot Class tank was in the pipeline long before they knew silver luon would bomb.

RunMama said...

I think the silver luon was priced too high, and no one even wanted to try the stuff on. I actually really like the Challenge Pants, but I'd like to see those 're-priced' before I buy.

Anonymous said...

I would buy it it there were more colors.

Anonymous said...

I really liked the design of the silver luon products but as Runmama said, it was really too pricey for me to justify. In also don't do anything that so high impact that I needed the silver properties.

LuluAddict said...

@ Run Mamma - They were drinking their own Kool Aid when they priced the silver luon items. Who is going to buy an $80 tank made of new material that's unreturnable? They should have priced it low to start with, hooked everyone on it, and then ratcheted up the price on subsequent releases.

Anonymous said...

Watch the sale racks for the challenge tank. I just picked one up for $14! I also grabbed the jacket for $68.