Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Try On Report - Pace Setter LS, Distance Tank, and Get Focued Tank + More

I tried on the new Pace Setter LS in black luon and really liked it. From the photos we've been seeing I was worried the arms might be a bit snug and the neckline fit odd but it fit fine and I thought it was a really nice shirt. I thought it fit very similar to the Resolution or Dash long sleeve shirts. I don't think the shoulders are overly roomy but since I have narrow shoulders it isn't a problem for me. I think this shirt is best suited for street wear or a warm layer for the gym because I think the open neck makes it a bit chilly to use outdoors in cooler weather. All in all, a nice long sleeve luon top.

I tried on the Distance tank and didn't care for it that much. The fit reminded me a lot of the Pep Tank - kind of loose fitting overall and very roomy in the shoulders. I have narrow shoulders so the straps wouldn't stay in place, just like they do in the Pep Tank. I didn't really care for the pleated panel in back - it hung down below the hem of the tank and looked like some sort of weird bird tail.

I tried on the Get Focused Tank and liked it a lot. It only goes to a size 10 and I found that the tank runs true to size. It's a very cute tank and the fit reminded me a lot of the Fouette tank. If you are in the market for a strappy tank with a loose fitting midsection you should check this out.


My sister tried on the Speed Skirt and Pace Setter skirts and ended up buying two black Speed Skirts to wear to the gym. She tried on the Ikat Speed skirt but the ikat material was stiffer than the black and it tended to puff up and not drape as nicely as the black material. She tried on the Pace Setter skirt, too, but they only had it in white in her size. I thought it looked equally nice on her as the Speed Skirt but she preferred the Speed Skirt since it only has one row of ruffles in the back.

My sister is training for a spring marathon and really likes Lululemon running bottoms. She has Inspires and Cross Train crops already. She tried on and ended up getting a pair of the new Pace Setter crops in solid black.  She is five feet nothing tall so they are more like tights on her although they are very long crops. I thought they looked really nice on her - I really liked the wide waistband. She also got a second pair of Inspire Crops tonight. The other items she got tonight were a couple of Power Ys, her favorite tank, in Sprinkler and Concord Grape and the new long sleeve Swiftly in Sprinkler. I also talked her into breaking out of her Power Y comfort zone and trying a Push UR Limits. The newest black ones come with the adjustable hooks which she liked. I restrained myself this evening since I am thinking of getting another No Limit in Flush or Sprinkler so I only got a Dance headband in solid black. All my other Dance headbands are two-tone. It's my favorite around-the-house headband.


I saw the new Record Breaker Vest. I didn't even bother to try it on. It seemed like a very ordinary vest and was something like $78. I prefer my vests to have a rear zip pocket for my cell phone otherwise I don't see the point of wearing a vest if you can't carry stuff in it.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

let me preface this with the fact that i LOVE your blog and refer to it daily. this is not meant to be offensive in the least (love u)but i'm wondering from a practical standpoint about how you do your critiques for sizes that only go up to size 10 like the focused tank. if you wear a size 12 and it goes to size 10, do you just judge TTS by the fact that it's too small on you? or are you going by the educators who are wearing it. again - don't care what size you are, just wondering from a clinical standpoint how you are judging for my own sake. thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Pace Setter top NOT worth $78. Too boring and does not fit correctly. Poor construction. Tried it on today!

Anonymous said...

Haha! And by today, I meant yesterday! Woo I'm tired :)

Anonymous said...

oh - btw- how much were the pace setter crops? does the waist on it feel tts? i know the power lux is very second skin like.

crystal said...

Hey,i was wondering the name of those crops and hoodie in the second last pic

Zanna said...

@crystal : Not sure what hoodie it is but the crops are the Pace Setter Crops.

@LuluAddict : How did you find the support for the Get Focused Tank and the coverage of the boobs area? Does it have a drawstring at the bottom?

Anonymous said...

I got the black pacesetter skirt which is really darling and the fabric is flowy. Also got the ikat speed skirt and totally agree that the fabric is rather on the stiff side (but it looked sooo cute with a black CRB and black ikat baseball cap that I couldn't resist - will put some pep in my running step this summer). Also could not resist the sprinkler swiftly long sleeve. I'm really digging sprinkler in general. The vest I just really don't get and don't think is practical as the armholes and back are so very open - seems like if you need a vest you need a bit more coverage. I love winter vests for cool casual weather but for running it is either a jacket or not for me - nothing really in between here in the midwest.

What do you all think will be uploaded tomorrow?

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 5:36 pm - It's a fair question. I can really only judge if a size 10 tank is true to size or runs large or is good for bustier women. I don't have a large ribcage/back so I can wear some size 10 tops if they run large in the bust or have a looser tummy design. If a size 10 feels a bit tighter in the bra band than I feel comfortable enough to wear for a few hours, I show a good amount of cleavage and a bit of armpit fat than I judge it to be true to size. If I can fit comfortably into a size 10 and I don't show a ton of cleavage with my DD size boobs then I judge it to be on the large side. I thought the Aruba No Limit tank was super stretchy and it's a roomier design so I was able to size down. A lot of people thought the same thing. I can wear the Heart Tank which is a tank that accommodates bustier women.

@ Zanna - The Get Focused has a drawstring. The support was low for larger busts but I thought it was adequate for street wear. I thought the coverage was pretty good for larger busts and very similar to the Fouette tank.

@ anon 5:58 am - I think the pacesetters were $86. I know it's lame to give second hand fit info but my sister took her regular size for the Pacesetter crops and didn't mention anything about the waist feeling different than her other crops. They didn't look any tighter or looser than the other crops/tights she was trying on. They have a drawstring in the waist.

Anonymous said...

I love the Pacesetter LS top... I may need to stop at my Lululemon store tonight, or pray its uploaded tomorrow. I definitely want the black version...

Anonymous said...

If I buy something online, can I return it to the store? Don't want to pay return shipping. how does it work?

Michelle Q said...

I am in "need" of a good running Luon LS - for either a layer for Yoga or street wear as I'm not really a runner. I'm interested in the Pacesetter LS - I need to check it out. I had a resolution LS but returned it because almost $80 seemed excessive - I should have snagged a Dash LS when I had the chance because it had more details than the Resolution LS. I dislike, though, the color blocking on the gray Pace Setter LS, but I'm wondering if all black is enough to keep my interest? Thanks for the reviews, though, I really enjoy them!

Leeza said...

I went to my local store in Boston to check out Pace setter LS (gray) and was shocked, they sold out in an hour this morning

Anonymous said...

^ I hope its uploaded tomorrow, because I really want it!! I love my Run Resolution LS (I have two: passion and aruba) and I really want a solid black long sleeve to round out my collection. I love the running luon material. It's so soft!

RunMama said...

@ Michelle Q, I want the Pacesetter LS too but not loving the black, or color blocked options. I ended up with 3 Dash LS's, I have to say I truly love this top. I hope you can find one on the exchange perhaps.