Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Try On Report: SE CRB and new Run: Record Breaker Jacket

I tried on the new SE Cool Racerback and was disappointed in the fit. The scoop neck didn't scoop down as much as a regular CRB (especially in the flush, the black was better) and the fit was very boxy in the waist in the front. I thought the view from the back was fine, though. I tried sizing down to see if that helped with the waist but then the sheer luon doesn't sit right in the back and clings to your lumps and bumps, like in this photo:

The SE CRB also had zig zag stitching around the neckline and armholes which I really don't care for. I did like the lightweight feel of sheer luon on my lower back but I just didn't like how the tank looked on. I did end up buying a static black CRB. The Newport store had static CRBs in a lot of colors Oasis, Plum, Very Violet, Gray, and Black. However, I think there were mostly only larger sizes left except for the Oasis. They also had a small markdown rack out with quite a few crops like Stills and random running crops on it with a few tops and shorts and some stuff for the guys.


I also tried on the Run: Record Breaker Jacket and like a lot of people, found it a bit snug in the shoulders and chest. I think it's probably TTS as a to and fro jacket, but when I pumped my arms to pantomime running, it pulled across my chest and felt snug. The hood zips away, which I like. It's pretty steeply priced at $168 and a pass for me.



I also tried on the Coal No Limit tank and I think it runs a bit larger in the circle mesh tunic portion, definitely larger than the Flush version and maybe similar to the Aruba. The store didn't have a size 10 Flush for me to compare but the Coal seemed looser fitting in the hips than the Flush I bought last week. The bra is not extra stretchy or loose fitting and fits TTS.  I seriously considered getting it, but figured I can live with two No Limit tanks.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

do no limits tank come in size 2? i thought they didn't but i saw one on ebay and now i am confused.

Anonymous said...

I've been dying for the new se crb. I am normally a size 6. Do you think I should stay TTS or size down???? If it's in the upload tomorrow, I am planning on buying it. Also, is flush more pink or in the orange family???

Anonymous said...

its possible that size 2 no limits tanks were realeased to stratigic sales partners becaus size 12 was and that size wasnt released in store or online.

Anonymous said...

stop calling flesh flush its annoying as hell If i must I will send you the information that we employed by lululemon get its flesh not flush!

Zanna said...

@Anon 3.14pm : But it says Flush in the Web Site! Can you blame us?

Anonymous said...

Even in this link that Lululemon published on the FB page of the new color palette, it says FLUSH!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150091218677732&set=a.58207322731.69107.33693527731&theater

ChiRunner said...

@Anon - The Lulu website says its Flush in the shop-by-colour section. And GEC says its Flush. Maybe the info your store received was incorrect? Maybe we should all start referring to it as "Fl_sh" :)

Anonymous said...

Yup - it's definitely flush!

Anonymous said...

re: flush. as usual, the educators know less than us ; )

Anonymous said...

the special edition CRB just doesn't seem to fit people well at all. I love the look from the back - hate how loose and baggy it looks from the front. They should have had the back seam go all the way around under the bust with all of the fabric all the way around below the bust as sheer luon - kind of a bit of a babydoll look. That would have been killer cute.

Susan said...

I've been leary of this crb since I saw the very first picture. It lays funny. I think this one will be a no for me.

Anonymous said...

http://shop.lululemon.com/women/colour-chart.html

FLUSH....nuf said. Some of us educators are educated.

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 3:52 pm - LOL

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 2:50 pm - I would stay in your regular CRB size otherwise the sheer luon part will pull and not lay right.

Anonymous said...

to annon post: "stop calling flesh flush its annoying as hell If i must I will send you the information that we employed by lululemon get its flesh not flush!"

I'm sorry but you are coming off really rude. It's just a name, so deal with. It's called Flush on the website so maybe you should be rechecking your info because you are the one who is saying it incorrectly. I would not want to ever deal with you at Lululemon calling us potential customers "annoying as hell" for saying something supposively wrong, when infact is correct

Anonymous said...

funny - i bought the coal /strata no limit and i felt it ran smaller than my black /ikat NLT. i felt the black /ikat was a little too loose so the coal/strata is perfect! yay!

Anonymous said...

funny - i bought the coal /strata no limit and i felt it ran smaller than my black /ikat NLT. i felt the black /ikat was a little too loose so the coal/strata is perfect! yay!

Anonymous said...

OMG why is this "educator" getting all bent out of shape here? If you are a lulu educator, wouldn't your job be to kindly and professionally express your feelings?! You are representing Lulu - that is not the attitude they want!! Anyway, loving the photos of violicious and unicorn tears. I look at this blog daily, and I REALLY like to know what is coming up! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I love my lulu educators - they are always so friendly and helpful when I go in. But it's obvious we are way more addicted to lulu than they are (can't blame them - I don't want to think about my job when I get home). But they never seem to know about the new items coming out (I'm always calling to ask if something is in and they rarely know what I'm talking about). A girl was in the store asking about a no limit tank the other day and the two educators at the counter didn't know what she was talking about. They should make reading your blog mandatory to work there!

Mel said...

Anon @ 3.14 pm / Lulu Educator : If you insist you are right, send Lulu Addict the info to prove us , the online store and the FB page wrong. Somebody in HQ obviously did a boo boo by sending the store the wrong info.