Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Today's Shopping Trip - Unexpected Finds

Modern Racer Tank in Heathered Shadow Gray
I didn't get what I planned to get today but I came away very happy. I started out at the Newport Beach store hoping to find the Unicorn Tears CRB and Scoop Neck. They had the Unicorn Tears print in the Hot Class bra and the Strata Wunder Under crops (so does Irvine). They also had the Split Pea Wee Stripe CRB but I didn't care for that. It looked ok on me but I didn't love it. Both Irvine and Newport had the Iris Wee Stripe in the Power Y and Scoop Neck but I think those color combos are rather dull.  Newport had the three new colors of the Modern Racer tanks. I tried on all three colors and ended up going home with the solid heathered gray (Heathered Shadow Gray) version.  There is just something about an athletic gray that gets me when Lululemon does it. The photo above looks a bit lavenderish but the gray is a true athletic gray. The striped one was cute but the armpits fit a bit loose. I thought theHeathered Shadow gray fit the snuggest of all three colors. I did size down for a more form fitting look. This is my first Modern Racer tank but probably not my last.

The above photo is a comparison of Rapsberry, on the top, and Violaceous. I was hoping Violaceous was going to be more of a hot pink color but it is more on the purple side and not too far from Very Violet. The Newport store had the Hot Class tank in Violaceous and the Hot Class bra in the Unicorn Tears Print. The Irvine store also had the UT print Hot Class bra. Both stores have the new Hot Move Short in Unicorn Tears.

Wren DSC - trying something new
It's been quite awhile since I've tried on pants made of the Swift fabric and at the time I recall it feeling kind of hot and heavy. However, everyone has been raving about their DSPs so I decided to try on the Dance Studio Crops in Wren. Both the Irvine and Newport stores had them in Wren and Coal. They were nice and light and roomy enough for my "athletic" thighs. I got a pair of the Wren for the summer. It's a bit chilly to wear them now but I can't wait to try them out when it gets warmer.

The Irvine store had a Unicorn Tears Slipless headband and the new Cross Train caps in both black and Ikat. They were just restocked in the caps so if you are looking for them they had about 6-8 black hats. I got a slipless headband in UT but had to pick through one that showed mostly white or mostly black.

Both stores had the Strata Wunder Unders in Unicorn Tears and Violaceous. I didn't try them on since the SWUs stop at size ten and I think the side stripe wouldn't do any favors to my non-skinny thighs. However, the girl at Irvine wearing the Unicorn Tears version looked totally cute in them.

I'm hoping tomorrow the Unicorn Tears CRB and Scoop Neck tanks will be uploaded. If not, I'll try again in a couple of days at my stores. I like the pattern a lot but it seems like a ton of people are on the trail of this print and I hate spotting people in the gym wearing the same thing as me.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you see the SE CRB tank? or any new CRB colors? I was in the walnut creek store and they only had white available (so sad considering CRBs is supposed to be a "core" item for them).

Anonymous said...

Wow.... that sure does look like very violet, and nothing like the violaceous as pictured in any of the product alerts that I've seen. And all the product alerts look pretty much exactly the same. That makes me think twice about whether I'll be grabbing that. :(

Contessa said...

I have been waiting for you to try the DSC!! Can I ask if you found them baggy, loose or a bit on the snug size?? I feel the sameway everyone has been raving about them but no one has really sad how the fit is.

Can you help me out?

Bark said...

I went to Carlsbad today and they didn't have the unicorn tears CRB's either. I did buy the stratus wonder unders in the UT print, all 3 MRB's and both colors of DSC's.

LuluAddict said...

@ Contessa - OK, true confessions time. I definitely take advantage of the 4 way stretch in my luon bottoms so the DSCs on me are a bit snug. That's ok because I bought them as motivational pants to help me loose some weight. I am reading on the various FB boards that people are finding the crops are a bit snugger than the pants by maybe half a size at most but they are getting the same size as their DSPs. When people go to buy the DSP pants they stayed in the same size as their Wunder Unders unless they have more of a booty and then they size up for the DSPs. I hope that helps. I think the DS Crops will sell quickly tomorrow so if you think you might be between sizes get two sizes and you can always sell the other one.

Anonymous said...

So if one wears 6 in WU and groove, 6 should fit ok with DSC? my WU are 6 but on the tight side - 6 in DCS should be ok? or should I get a 4?

Anonymous said...

Did you see an Iris wee stripe crbs? what about the grooves in the new quilt bone ?

Anonymous said...

Hey Lulu Addict : Can you do a comparison of Violaceous and Power Purple?

Anonymous said...

I meant Violaceous and Potion Purple.

Julia said...

I wear a 4 in Wunder Unders and I bought a 4 in Studio Crops today. Both fit very well (as in not a whole lot of room, but not too tight). If your WUs are tight, I would not size down for Studio Crops.

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 2:23 pm #1 - I agree with Julia. If your WU and Groove size is on the tight side, the same size DSC should be fine.

@ anon 2:23 pm - I saw Iris Wee stripe Scoop Neck and Power Y but no Iris Wee Stripe CRB. I saw the Split Pea CRB but no other new CRB colors. I didn't see the Quilted Bone Grooves but I wasn't looking for them. However, I don't think my local stores got them (as of 11 am) because they weren't in my product notice emails.

@ anon 3:32 - I only have a unicorn tears headband with a small amount of Violaceous in it to compare but I took a photo of it against my Potion Purple Define. You are on the right track, they are very similar. I'll post in a minute.

Contessa said...

Luluaddict! Thank you for your honesty. I have a booty (guilty) and I go between a size 8 and 10--but I always worry because to me Lulu sizing seems to be getting smaller and smaller!! As seen even by the photos posted of various educators wearing them they look SNUG! I am not sure why everyone likes to wear them tight but I do not!! So, I guess if they are uploaded tomorrow I will go with a 10.

Thanks for your honesty...it truly does a long way!