Thursday, April 21, 2011

Some Customer Feedback on Shipping, Website, and Customer Service Issues

From all I am reading on Facebook and the blog comments, Lululemon has really angered many of their new and old customers with the handling of the website "upgrade" and the shipping mislabeling. Not only is shipping being mislabeled but people are getting dirty items (white visors with fingerprints on them) and packages without receipts. I think Lululemon needs to see this feedback and work on their customer service issues.

________________________Blog Comments ______________________________________
  • I actually would say they have not been up front. GOOD service would be to proactively contact everyone with a messed up order and explain what happened and what is being done to fix it. There has been no proactive communication. (I have 2 orders, no tracking number and no response from GEC.)
GREAT service would be proactive communication plus a gift card or discount. In this case, WWND (What would Nordstrom do?) is a fair question. They are a company that does the right thing, all the time.
Delete
  •   Anonymous said...
I have a friend who works at FedEx that say they are PO'd that Lululemon is blaming them and it wasn't their issue. Lululemon prints the labels on site. FedEx doesn't add them to the packages once they receive them. That wouldn't make any sense. Yes, the address labels are created on FedEx's system, but Lululemon runs them and it's Lululemon's information that transfers to the label. And yes, Lululemon provides Free Shipping, but that's about the only discount I've *ever* seen them give a customer. All other stores have loyalty programs, times product are 10% off, etc. Maybe others aren't appreciative of good customer service, but I've always let them know when I've had an outstanding experience. And Lululemon isn't being up front with their customers, they're covering their asses and making excuses. Delete
Delete
Anonymous said...
I am too, not happy with Lulu. Ordered on the dreaded April 15. No confirmation, tracking etc...Called GEC 3 times before someone actually do something and email me the confirmation and tracking. (Mind you, this is over the course of 2 days, waiting patiently for a "callback" that was promised, but never happened.)Then, tracked @ FEDEX and product update says "packaged undeliverable". Called GEC again, (getting worried and POed by now,) but just got the same schpeil...FEDEX's error, will still get the package sometime in the 5 to 7 biz days. Adding to the drama...stupid enough to order again yesterday..wanted to change my order 10 minutes after it was made, notice that the option to "cancel or change orders" are no longer there. (Anybody else notice this?) Called GEC pronto and was told that order cannot changed due to it already being processed and picked and packed and shipped...which I do not believe, since it was only 10 minutes since the order was placed. To add insult to the injury, when I checked the order status this morning (a whole 24 hrs after it was "shipped", still actually in the "process" mode. Not shipped yet!!! Sorry to rant and rave here, just had to get it out of my system...stark raving MAD at them.
April 21, 2011 7:25 AM
Delete
Anonymous said...
Just spoke with someone who worked for a company & knew how the shipping labels. Got the scoop - but my package just came as well & you can see where LULU put their shipping label on the package & then a second temporary one had to be assigned for it to get to me. I don't care if it is LULU or Fed ex - Too many of us are having problems. Looks like 1st # sent it to Grove city - where Fed Ex found out it was going to the wrong place & then put the proper temp tracking # on it so I could get it - LULU really needs to get their act in order quickly As much as I like their things & need to order from the site - this doesn't sit well with me or say much for LULU LULU should think of a way to apologize for the inconvience they are causing all of us
Delete
 Anonymous said...
That's IT! Let's all stop buying LLL. I'm DONE!
April 21, 2011 8:02 AM
Delete
Anonymous said...
I used to work for a medical company and the shipping department shipped out supplies using Fedex. The way it worked there and everywhere else I have worked is that the shipping department has some sort of interface built in (Fedex employees come to install/set this up when the original agreement is made to use them as a carrier). Shipping labels are printed at the company but look like they are from Fedex because of this interface between the Fedex system. It's how both companies have the tracking number (or should in this case) of the same package without any manual inputting for each order. This is definitely lulu's error and they should be trying to help lessen all the anger by offering something - they sure can afford to! I think using the argument that the shipping is free is ridiculous. Many companies offer free shipping and most stand behind their carriers and will help correct the situation. I would be pretty pissed if my money was being held on my credit card while I waited for my package to arrive from somewhere on an unknown date. I think lulu should be giving people the option of refunding customers affected right away and taking it upon themselves to call Fedex and have the package re-directed back to them. At least people could get their money back and order again online or in store if they want. I did not order online during this time and it makes me not want to until I know this is all resolved. Luckily my local stores will get to see me more often!
April 21, 2011 8:59 AM
Delete
Delete
X said...
Beyond the shipping fiasco, there have been a number of issues with the site's ordering system (addresses not being saved, order entry data issues, spelling errors and bad links on the confirmation e-mails). As someone who has worked in this area before, I'm appalled. It's not up to the customer to test Lulu's site for usability, and telling us that we should expect some bumps is especially silly. These are issues that could have been handled quickly with proper testing, and it does nothing but make them look bad. If they can't even QA their own site and their own ordering process, how can I be assured they are QA'ing the actual product?
April 21, 2011 9:15 AM
Delete
  J said...
I'm actually not shopping from the website anymore, which cuts my Lulu purchases by more than half. I adore the girls at my local Lulu so I'll still give them my business but I have been completely turned off by the GEC and every interaction I've had with them. Two separate phone calls where I wanted to ask what was being done about the "missing" packages and instead of listening to my question, the girl on the line proceeded to talk over me to the point that I thought she was a recording. The phone staff there is just downright rude and condescending.
April 21, 2011 9:32 AM
Delete
  J said...
PS. I've always thought of Lululemon as a very interesting business case study. From their business model to their use of scarcity and toying with the website to create desire/need in their consumer base, all their actions in the past have at least been intriguing, even when they were frustrating. In terms of the actual snafu with shipping, I can understand that things like that will happen, but in regards to how they are handling the issue, creating almost an adversarial relationship with their core consumer base... well let's just say I won't be recommended this particular business strategy to any corporations I consult for.
April 21, 2011 9:36 AM
Delete
KA said...
I have to agree with the others that this is definitely not FedEx's fault. At my work, we also use FedEx to ship hundreds of orders and after the labels are created, we upload a file that FedEx has created with the order number and tracking number. From what my tracking number looks like, I have two reference numbers, order numbers, etc, so whomever it was that was processing the FedEx labels (or Lulu's new system) made a mistake with the way that the labels were to be formatted for the upload file to be correct. With an incorrect upload file, we've seen some new employees at our company screw up the tracking information that was sent to customers and I'm thinking that this exact same problem happened. Unfortunately, they didn't catch their mistake, but even then, they should be able to go back into their system to figure out what tracking number is correct for each customer. I actually think that Lulu's new system was so messed up that when they went to process the files with the orders to process labels, their file had mismatched order numbers and ship-to addresses. Generally the process for us is: 1. Download order file with customer information (order number, items, shipping address) 2. Print labels 3. Upon printing, FedEx ship program creates an upload file with customer order number and tracking information. 4. We upload the FedEx file to our order processing program to update customer orders. The problem is rarely between step 3 and 4 which would make it FedEx's problem. I'm thinking Lulu's problem happened at step 1 with their new in-house inventory management software. As much as I understand the problem from a fulfillment prospective, I don't think we've ever been so flippant when customers were given wrong information.
April 21, 2011 10:07 AM
DeleteZ said...
Just another viewpoint -- Tory Burch upgraded their system and I am waiting on an order -- I called Customer service and they gave me a 20% percent discount, upgraded my shipping to overnight and reversed the shipping charges -- That is FAN-freaking-TASTIC customer service -- needless to say -- i will definitely be shopping at Tory Burch again!
April 21, 2011 10:22 AM
Delete
Anonymous said...
@ Z - Exactly! Now that is customer service. Lulu's GEC doesn't offer customer service from what I'm reading. When I first started buying lulu just over a year ago, I was shocked at how poorly the online store was run. Everyone (myself included) would point out the wrong picture displayed on the main page and the standard GEC response would be something like "Thank you, we'll notify the web team". Does the web team not check the site throughout the day for errors? I stopped notifying them because I'm not paid to do so. Now with this new online site that is supposedly in-house, it's not looking any better and lulu's attitude is pretty sad. For a company like this to not even be able to launch a new site properly is shocking. This is all after being shut down for a month and warehouse relocation which should not have caused such a long delay. Other companies are able to do this transition behind the scenes without any closure. With all the money lululemon has made, you would think they could hire qualified employees with some experience in this are.
April 21, 2011 10:44 AM
Delete
Anonymous said...
Got my order today, but no receipt was included and the packing slip was crumpled beyond belief. OH well, at least it got here...eventually.
April 21, 2011 11:43 AM
Delete
Anonymous said...
Yes, I would think LULU by now would realize they have really given all of us a bad taste in our mouth!!! They just don't seem to care.
April 21, 2011 1:43 PM

__________________________Facebook Comments______________________________
Here is an illuminating thread started early this morning from a Lululemon-related Facebook site. You could say this group of about 800 women is a hardcore Lululemon fan group. This thread was commented on by 14 different people and they are disenchanted about Lululemon's handling of the website/distribution "upgrade.


  • I think my honeymoon phase with lulu is over. I am just not into buying any of their stuff anymore.

    • I can agree. I am sorta loosing interest as well.

    • Sad huh? I am keeping all my pieces but I don't need anymore. I am finding that I would rather get cute work and causal clothes at Banana Republic, JCrew, Gap, Nordstroms, Lucky, etc.

    •  I'm getting sick and tired of this BS too.There must be somewhere else to shop,i should just go back to VS.This is thursday ,why isn't there anything on the web site new,i don't understand why they can't figure out the stupid website,I'm so annoyed

    • I'm in the same boat as you, Ms. X. Just bought a white Luon headband from the website, though, just because I've already wanted a white headband, but not really interested in anything else anymore

    • Me too. This bumpy transition thing made me wonder if their whole company is run this way. What are they going to tell the shareholders at a quarterly meeting if their profits decline? Relax, breathe deeply?

    • I think the hype is over with me too. Honestly think that I an find even cuter and better quality stuff from other brand at 1/2 the price. I will be returning my last purchase but keeping the cap and that's it.
      ·
    • ditto for me.. my order is stuck somewhere in Kansas... wonder if/when its gonna get here
       ·
    • Again, love what I have, but I look at the mudra wrap and thinking, I spent $118 on something because it is lulu? Really? I could have gotten a similar one for a lot less.

    • Ms. X, that's kind of always been my feeling about most of their casual wear. It seems overpriced and fragile for what it is. My one exception is the Vinyasa Scarf, which as you know is magic. It's the only non-workout Lulu that I own!
    •  Hmm, maybe it's because I don't really buy the fragile items, except for the live healthy wrap, because I actually think they're more durable than my casuals from JCrew and BR which I literally had to baby and one sweater from BR got a huge hole after I washed it in a bag. I agree that Lulu items can be overpriced for what it is (a $98 sweatshirt???) however.
    • Seriously, I went to Banana Republic last week and for the price of a jacket I got a ton of jewelry, a top and Heritage pants. All on sale, and I get rewards. Oh and I can wear it to work or out.
      ·
    • Oh and Nordies and REI have the BEST return policy.
      ·
    • Mainly I'm interested in the technical running pieces because they're functional and stylish (although the quality is hit or miss, it seems). I wear a lot of Patagonia because they really stand behind their product (and they have awesome sales and customer service). If I can buy something similar from elsewhere, I don't even bother with Lulu.
      ·
    • Patagonia has nice stuff
      ·
    • I mean true they do!
    • I'm at the point now where I ask myself if an item wasn't lulu, would I even buy it? The quality of their items is not worth the price. I have yoga pants from walmart that have held up 100 times better than my grooves and they were $20. I c...alled the GEC about my groove pants that were piling like crazy and were sueding really bad, they told me the pill because the luon is such a "high quality" material that it attracts lower quality materials such as cotton. I can wash my walmart or marks work wearhouse yoga pants with towels and they're perfectly fine. Must be cuz they're "low quality". The more I see of lulu and all their arrogance, the more I think that I have become a brand sheep. They can do whatever they want, treat their customers poorly and have no benefits to customers who buy their products regularly. I'm tired of all their "high quality" and this whole website upgrade is just icing on the cake. I have a black scuba that I have washed twice and it now looks like it's been washed 50 times. Sorry lulu. If you want to keep customers who are willing to pay $100+ for a single item, you better significantly increase the quality and your customer service.
    • Ms. Y, I agree 100%. Esp the sheep part at times
    • Ms. Y, thats funny. I have a pair of pants and crops from wal mart that were $20 and $30 and they still look like the day I bought them. And I DO NOT baby them like my lulu. so I totally agree with what you are saying. But, then again, th...ats why I dont really buy lulu pants.. I maybe own 8 pairs. I own a few wunder unders just cause they are the best tights, never get a muffin top with them. All the others I own were on sale, stir up pants, vita crops, and well.. i had to own a pair of still pants.. but other then that, I dont buy a bunch of grooves and astros and all those pants.. waste of money I think!! I see girls wearing them out and to the gym, and when they are pilled, they look dirty and cheap imo
    • That's true. I always have to step back and say "Is this really worth $x?" That's partially why I like to shop with other ladies and I usually ask my fiance before I take the tags off. When I'm shopping in store, everyone is so enthusiastic, I end up going on a shopping spree. This is also the only brand I've been acquainted where there are Angels that help find merchandise. LOL

    • I'm on board as well. I've gone into lulu the past two weeks and have been able to walk out with nothing. I love what I have, but I'm over the hype....for now at least ;)

    • Amen, Ms Y! That's a great way to look at it. I just got 2 things today and that's all I need for a while (minus a pair of Tango Red speed shorts). After that, I'm done unless there is something I just have to have and love the look of and would pay a premium for if it wasn't Lulu (and not the "Lulu obsession...must buy everything now mentality" that I've been dealing with for a few months).
      ·
    • I agree, if it was not MADE by lulu, would I buy it? Would I think it is actually strange looking?
      ·
    • So true Laura! Some of their stuff is so weird looking. I wonder if it's popular just because it has a lulu logo on it??
    • Rachel, I have been soooo afraid to say that! I am glad someone agrees

    • I agree that some of the stuff has been rather weird looking. Those are the items that end up in loot for a million years. Remember that pink plaid jacket/pullover that finally sold out (maybe) a few weeks before the rehaul?

    • Yeah that was quite the pullover!

    • I laugh because I think some of those are still up on eBay with exclamations like "rare", "hard to find" and "SO CUTE". Kudos for trying, I guess?

    • Agree. All my sense of worth and price gets tossed out the window. Most of the time I feel "lucky" to get in on a piece of the action. Wacky!
      • I totally agree. I cannot stand lulu's arrogance, declining quality, and poor customer service. as they say $$$ talks and BS walks. I'm gonna try to take a break from buying lulu.
      • Lulu will need to revamp their customer service and relations and increase quality of products if they want to keep my business. At this price point, it's too much to compromise. I basically have all enough Lulu to last me for a while so this break has been a great for me to reassess my spending and if it's worth it. I've spent half the amount I did last month and it feels great!

       

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

they messed up big time! but seriously, the "i'm never going to buy lulu again" comments. gimmie a break. i bet 99% of those people will buy something in the next few days. when did kidding ourselves become so popular.

Anonymous said...

Still waiting for my online order which left Washington, went to Oregon and is now in Tennessee, mind you - it was supposed to be delivered to California WTF? I've already decided if and when I get my order it's going to be returned and $ used at Nordstrom or J Crew. I'm done spending my money on a company that treats their customers like this!

Anonymous said...

Are you going to continue your Lulu blog? I'll admit, their corporate communications strategy is appalling (this is my field, so I can say it) but I still like their product.

I'm probably going to still buy their product, just smaller doses of it...

Anonymous said...

we should seriously rally together and boycott for a week and i'm sure then, lulu would pay attention. imagine all your readers boycotting for a week or so... that would be awesome.

anyway, i am seriously taking a break. i have enough lulu to last me this lifetime 5x over. if i need anything, i think i'll stick to the exchange so that lulu doesn't get my hard earned $$$. they definitely don't appreciate it.

i feel as though the hard-core lulu addicts are in an abusive relationship with lulu. they treat us bad and we keep going back for more, so why should lulu change??? really. it's not in their interest to change when the addicts keep going back for more. okay, vent done!

danielle said...

Yay for this post!
Lulu's facebook page is still insisting that it is just a tracking number mixup. We are not that gullible... multiple shipping labels and delivery exceptions mean that these packages were going to the wrong place, and Lululemon was the one who put those labels on the packages.

If anyone gets a package with multiple address labels, please post a picture to their facebook page! I will be doing this... if my package ever gets here.

Anonymous said...

I know they read this blog. Most of the time is is light and sunshine and excitement over new products and lots of positive consumer reviews. Hopefully they will take to heart ALL the comments. For each person commenting on this blog or FB there are another 100 with a bad experience this past week that are not "plugged into" these groups.

Anonymous said...

I do love the products, but the poor customer service is getting me down. Dd had a pair of wunder unders that pilled badly in her boots leaving 3" white strands. We sent lulu a picture and they sent us a snotty email. My love/love relationship is now a love/hate one.

Anonymous said...

FRUSTRATED! Placed an order on friday morning for DSC in white as they weren't in stores yet in MA. They were shipped out friday 4/15 and were supposed to be delivered 4/21. According to FEDEX they are in TX. Have contacted Lululemon twice and they keep telling me the FEDEX messed up the tracking and that information isn't correct but they have no way to track my package but it should arrive by next wednesday. Are they kidding me? I have to wait almost 2 weeks to see if it actually arrives. They took my money out of my account on 4/15 though! I could have since gone to the store and purchased the item as they are in stores now but my luck by next week they will be sold out and who knows if my package will even show up. Just seems like really poor customer service. Any reputable company would be apologizing and offering some kind of incentive to keep its customers happy. Lululemon is just blaming FEDEX and I haven't heard any apologies!

Anonymous said...

It's interesting to read all of the comments here about the recent frustration with Lululemon. I have no store nearby (so I rely on the website) and found that a couple weeks off without a new upload or the ability to buy anything (other than black items) from the website gave me some perspective on my Lululemon addiction. Then to hear all the post-website-relaunch problems they have been having...I have to think the website downtime is going to hurt them in the long run. Too bad that a company that seems to have embraced the web and social media doesn't seem to understand the importance of accurate web-purchasing, and the basic customer service principals that are at the core of all successful social media campaigns.

Anonymous said...

i hope CEO Day reads this blog so that she gets a sense for what's going on! it's frustrating to spend $100+ on a pair of pants and they are "supposed" to last 5+ years but they pill and are super fragile while pants from target are $20+ and last forever w/o any piling. very frustrating!!!! i will be taking my $$$ elsewhere unless they treat customers better and improve the quality!

Anonymous said...

I received one of my five packages today all the way to Florida. It had 3 labels on it and the package was very dirty and crumpled. It had the Sing Dance Floss pants and they were fine.....The old Lulu packaging and presentation was so much nicer...I have already returned many Lulu items recently because they dont feel as nice on as they use to, but I really like these pants...so comfy for casual wear...although quite pricey...I thinank goodness

Aussie gal said...

I am in Aus and too scared to attempt buying anything online for the time being. Lulu needs to smarten up! I just wanted to ask if anyone had noticed that for a little while the facebook page would go straight to 'most recent' and since all the complaints it has gone back to 'just lulu'?? Can you say covering up!!!

AZ Lulu Fan said...

I'm still waiting for my 4/15 order and am keeping my fingers crossed that it will arrive tomorrow per the tracking info. (BTW I live in Phoenix and the tracking destination is Salt Lake City)

As for fabric durability, I'm tired of babying my Lulu through the wash. Separate Lulu load and separate lingerie wash bags, then hang everything to dry. My Zobha and Prana pieces actually look better after you run them through the dryer and I never have to worry about Nike or Lucy items snagging or pilling when I'm out running errands in them. If Lulu weren't so darn cute and gym functional I wouldn't put up with their limited wearability (gym or studio only) and poor business logistics. Sometimes I wonder if they recruit based on expertise or based on the ability to do a handstand.

Jane said...

I am pretty new to Lululemon but I have to say this company does not have a good customer service EVEN BEFORE this whole mess-up with website and shipping. I am shocked to find out they don't accept any sale returns even though their discount is not that great to begin with. They should accept returns as long as the items are sellable condition and within a certain time frame, such as 2 weeks or one month. I have dealt with many retailers before but Lululemon is the worst of all the companies I regularly buy from. I like their product but honeymoon faze will be over in no time for me.

Dominique said...

I'm disenchanted as well. Mostly for the way the company is handling this recent murder at the Bethesda store. The suspect was transfered to Bethesda from another location for stealing. This act alone put everyone at the Bethesda store at risk in some way. And now, it appears they are simply going to remodel the store and re-open it. As if a "facelift" could erase what happened there.

Susan (TJI) said...

Well, I was very surprised with the whole decision on how to switch over the site. And then I was also surprised to see that it looked almost exactly the same. I would have thought with the "build up and anticipation" and the roll out mat, that the site would be amazing with all the bells and whistles that "We the Customers" have been asking for and a whole new look. That didn't happen. But, still I purchased over $200 on the first day back with new items. I still don't have them. One has been supposedly delivered somewhere else and the other one is floating around. Still hasn't shown up. I haven't even bothered to call GEC or post on the Lululemon Facebook Page. Honestly, it would be a waste of time in my opinion. I ordered some more items today(assuming that the shipping problem has been fixed), because I had already decided to get them... but I think now I'm going to take a break. During this hiatus, I've been ordering from other companies online... and it is like night and day, the difference. Lululemon needs to stop making their customers feel like they are lucky to have Lululemon and start making them feel like Lululemon is lucky to have their customers.

Megan said...

Thank you for aggregating the comments from both your site and the FB site. Even though I read both, it was nice to see a thoughtful, compelling compilation in one place.

Anonymous said...

BTW if you are reading this Day - posting "Breathe Deeply" to your customers after you f*#$*d up sounds passive aggressive, like your customers are an annoyance and that we are being "silly" for orders being lost.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we all needed the Savasana.

Anonymous said...

Wow - I am not one of the folks who had a package lost (haven't ordered from the "revamped" site). But I am taking a long break for a while and will come back when and if I think the value is there. I have enough work out and casual gear to get me through the spring / summer and so I am going to wait and see. Am starting to check out UNder Armour and some other brands. Just turned off by lulu continuing to take the customers for granted. The list goes on and on: (1) crappy return policy; (2) limited availability and manufactured "hype" over new products, (3) Putting stickers over existing prices to gouge people for an addition 5 or 10 bucks ... are you kidding me? (4) the canned GEC answers about "abrasion" and the like (5) taking a month to "revamp" a website - something most companies flip the switch on over night.. and still no no discernable improvement and ongoing bugs. They still can't put up an accurate picture of some of the products?! (6) shipping fiasco and then trying to blame fedex, (7) rarely any decent sales and no reqards programs. My local store don't even have sales racks any more, just the odd random item marked down here and there...and on and on. Another thing that has always irritated me is when someone posts on the FB page that they have an issue, sent and email and no response. GEC chimes right in with a response on FB "looking into this right now...". So, you mean if someone goes public on FB with the issue they jump the que ahead of those that left a message and are still awaiting a response?

Anonymous said...

Just got this from Lululemon. Anyone receive the same?

"Thank you for your patience during our ecommerce transition. We have been working through some shipping issues from orders placed last Friday and Saturday and sincerely apologize for any confusion or delays that these may have caused. We installed 4 new FedEx stations in our warehouse, and each of these stations started processing at the same tracking number which led to the duplication of tracking numbers and confusion. We can assure you that this has been fixed, and we are working quickly towards a seamless operation and are feeling very confident about on our new operating platform.

We are partnering closely with FedEx to get your product to you as quickly as possible. Our guests are the heart of our business, and to thank you for your loyalty and understanding, we will be sending you a $20 gift card and a complimentary upgrade to expedited shipping when placing your next order. We will send out your gift card next week as well as instructions on how to redeem your complimentary shipping upgrade. In the interim, should you have any questions at all, please call our guest education centre at 1.877.263.9300 extension 1.

Thank you for your trust and confidence as we work through these growing pains.

Love from,
Your lululemon athletica team"

Anonymous said...

i got mine just now.

Anonymous said...

Just got mine, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Finally, a few of you said it on the Facebook site. If some of these items had no lululemon logo on it, be honest. We wouldn't give the stuff the time of day. There's nothign that unique about them. And on a lot of times, the designs are, like someone else pointed out, pretty wacky. And not in a "unique" or fashionable sense. Moreover, plenty of other brands have technical fabrics that wick and absorb and have anti-stink qualities just as effective. As someone who lives within a one mile radius of TWO lululemon stores, I have my share of lulu product, but it's really beginning to get old at this point, especially with all the shipping and customer service issues. End of rant. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I have a similar experience with my order from last Friday. Two packages missing. No accurate tracking numbers. Called GEC, told to wait until Tuesday (11 days after it supposedly shipped) before I call back...yada yada yada. Agree it's poor customer service. I too received my email about the gift card and upgraded shipping next time around. I guess it's a nice gesture, but kind of seems too little too late. First of all, the ridiculous "hiccup" excuse was so scripted.
I'll stop ranting because it seems most people have had the same feelings and experiences. I will say I too had an example of great customer service from Tory Burch. My order was delayed, they apologized right away, gave me a $100 gift card (and my original order was for a $30 key chain), AND they upgraded my shipping to get the item to me in time for Christmas even though I figured the gift card meant I wouldn't get it at all. That's how you do customer service lulu!

Anonymous said...

I unfortunately love the company but have had two bad dealings with them. I worked for their warehouse sale and was injured while doing inventory. Because of this I missed three weeks on my unlimited yoga pass at the local studio and they never did anything to help me out with that cost. I sent them an email asking if they could talk to the studio because they used them for the warehouse team (you get free yoga when working the warehouse sale but i was injured...and lost another three weeks). no response to my emails.
Secondly, I have one of their expensive towels. The thing has stopped being as 'grippy' as it once was. I posted on their facebook and two people kindly commented to try some vinegar in the wash. Good suggestion but didn't change my towel issue. Does lulu care to follow up and make things right? nope.
I'm looking for another alternative to lulu.

Anonymous said...

I love lululemon, but I have to admit that my pants is also peeling fron everywhere, and I can't wear it for going out, it look like something to stay home or cleannimg home. so now, I'm not even wearing my others pants. I'm also agree with all the other comment about coupon or discount like all the others brand doing.
It's so frustrating when you buy a lot of cloths and spend so much money for it, and you don't have anything back to fidelize you. So i'm definitely think to boycott a them for the next months.

Anonymous said...

wow.....can't believe how many priveleged, snotty people there are. Some people in the world have real problems. Oh no! my overpriced lulu pants are being shipped a few days late! The horror! All the people getting so angry make me ashamed of the consumer society we live in. Some people go to bed hungry. Others don't get their $100 pants delivered on time.
You should all be ashamed of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Dear Lululemon,

I know your company has been getting many complaints and emails in the last weeks with the renovations, therefore I will keep it short. I was wondering if you all would re-release colors such as snorkel blue and other colors when the website was down. The store in my area receives limited quantities, and it is frustration not being able to obtain items you want. I love you company but wish you all would do more about customer service and satisfaction. I used to do alot of phone sales orders, because I have the issues with quantity and unavailability yet you all have taken that resource away. I do not think it is fair for customers who like your product but can't make it to a store or do not have a store in their area. This is turning me away from your company. Also, you have keep making variation of the same boring colors. Always some shade of purple, yellow, grays, and black. What happened to fuschias, bright ocean blues, vibrant greens, whites? What about patterns other than splashes and tie-dyes? Stripes or plaids would be nice. What happened to shorts other than multiple speed shorts and tight shorts? People use Lululemon for a variety of physical activities not just yoga, and not all of us like daisy dukes.

How come Australia and other countries besides the US get different product but the US never sees them or only limited stores in the US sees the items? I know personally I wanted a solid snorkel blue scuba hoodie, sand dune scuba hoodie, and denim wunder unders, however, these products don't even seem to be in the US. The US love Lululemon too. Please help a frustrated customer. Thank you

Anonymous said...

It seems that this conversation is very old, but I have had a horror story regarding a pair of pants I ordered on April 15th as well and I need to rant. Lululemon sent me completely the wrong item (and a week late), so I returned the item with overnight shipping through Fed Ex the next day, carefully following all instructions. I waited two weeks, and I never was contacted and my account was never credited the $98. So after about 10 emails back and forth with GEC I arrive to today, AUGUST 1ST, and they still refuse to credit my account and claim that they "can't find the package so it must have never been sent," and that it is not their problem. I am absolutely infuriated and I will not rest until I get my $98 back (at least!). I am also shocked that there is no compensation such as a discount or store credit after such horrible customer service...I have been led on for 47 days, not to mention the hours I have spent worrying about returns and contacting them over and over with no response when the original error WASN'T EVEN MINE. I will never be a Lululemon customer again, and I will be sure to warn all of my friends not to purchase from them in the future.

Anonymous said...

Here is the conversation I had with their GEC online:

You have been connected to Karen.
Karen: Hello.
Karen: What can I help you with today?
Customer: I placed order.c########5 on Tuesday, the tracking number says it is not in the fedex system
Karen: Ok, have you read the update emails we sent out to all guests?
Customer: Yes, it says the tracking number and order should be shipped in 48 hours, that was at 10:08pm on Thursday, my tracking number was not in the system until 12:08 Sunday, not within the 48 hours and fedex system does not recognize the tracking number.
Karen: Actually, that email said we would have shipping confirmation emails out within 48 hours.
Karen: We did send those emails out in that time frame, though sometimes FedEx does not scan labels immediately.
Customer: Yes and it was not.
Karen: Particularly on the weekend or late at night, they will pick up the package but the tracking will not go live.
Karen: I would suggest checking back Monday morning for a tracking update.
Customer: FedEx system says the number does not exist.
Karen: Right, because as I said, FedEx sometimes does not scan labels immediately.
Karen: So, to them, the number does not exist.
Customer: You are telling me it does not show up until fedex scans it and that is why it was outside the 48 hours, if it was scanned by fedex it would show up, I do a lot of shipping with fedex and know how their system works.
Customer: Also my Friday order was shipped before my Tuesday order.
Karen: Right. So, you saw that shipping confirmation email quite late. What that means is that we've printed out a label, put it on a package, and FedEx is going to be picking it up. When they pick it up and scan it, it will show up in their system.
Customer: Why was the Friday order processed first, I was told they were processing the orders in the order they were received, this does not seem to be true.
Karen: They are absolutely being processed in that order. However, due to the technical issues, they may not appear to have been processed to you. They would be allocated in our warehouse, but until they flow through in our system we can't print the label and send the confirmation.
Karen: So, your Tuesday order would have been picked and sitting and waiting for our system to recognize it, whereas your Friday order came after the issue and was recognized right away.
Karen: I understand you're super passionate about seeing your orders make their way to you, and without being bogged down with too many long-winded technical information, the long story short is we have the technical issue resolved and all packages are on their way. If you received a shipping confirmation, it means your order will be shipped out.
Customer: My Friday order has already left location my Tuesday order of 5:08 pm is at fedex location and my Tuesday order at 12:08am is not even showing in fedex system. You cannot tell me they were processed in order.
Karen: They absolutely were. Quite a few things happen after an order is placed, and not all of them are guest-facing.
Karen: Was there anything else I can help you with today?
Customer: No
They do not even know what they are talking about, the first order I placed will be the last one shipped.