Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Today's Shopping Trip: It's a Cinch Dress - A Winner!

I went to see what was new at my store today and to get the Violaceous Power Dance Tank. I ended up going home with the It's a Cinch Dress. The Violaceous and the Lilac Power Dance Tanks are the solid versions of the Power Dance with the luxtreme top. I really like the Power Dance tanks, and have two of them from the previous release, but I just don't care for the newest colors on me. Also, I kind of fell in love with the Seabed It's a Cinch Dress and decided to pony up the $78 plus tax for it. It looks super cute as a tunic but a bit Jersey Shore (as a reader commented) as a dress if it's cinched up. I think I will get a lot of use out of this top over the summer. I would love a long sleeve version to use in the cooler months. There wasn't too much new stuff for me to look at today. I saw some new Modern Racers but not in Wren. None of the colors that are out interest me too much. I saw the new Lively long sleeve and it is very similar to the cabin long sleeve but only one layer. It was $68 and only came in white. I like it but it's pretty expensive for what it is. I saw all the new No Limits but the black or coal versions bore me. I really prefer the solid colors and was hoping for a Tango Red or other bright color. I held up the Surge NLT to a pair of Oasis panties and the colors are nearly identical so boo to that. I was hoping Surge would be like the men's Stitch color or Peacock but no such luck. I saw Pink Mist CRBs and Power Ys and it's a very pretty pale pink but I prefer bolder colors for the gym. Although, I am a little tempted to get the Pink Mist CRB for casual wear but I've spent more than enough this month. I was hoping to see the new Heathered Sand Dune and Blurred Gray Define Jackets but it's probably a good thing I didn't. If they wait until next month to hit the US, my back account (and husband) would be happier. I was hoping to try on the new Dance, Floss, Sing jacket and crops but my store didn't receive them yet. I saw the new Scoop Neck dresses but I didn't try them on since I liked the style of the It's a Cinch a little better. I saw the Coal Microstripe CRB but if you already have a Coal CRB you can probably skip this one unless you are a major CRB collector. It looks like Coal from far away. My store had the Tinted Canvas CRBs, too, but I already have the print in a Scoop Neck and don't need it. The store had a Scoop neck in a solid Sailor Stripe version which was very cute. The store did not have the Vinyasa scarves yet but is expecting them.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the French Terry crops, the material is really thick like the Lulu pants it would bee too hot to wear in the warmer weather.

Anonymous said...

the "roll out" mat on the website is stuck and not moving forward. and the vague answer of "mid spring" - when, exactly, IS "mid spring" is very frustrating. it is obvious they are way behind the original relaunch date of end of this week.

Anonymous said...

I also agree that the cinch dress is more versatile/useful than the scoop dress. I don't think the scoop dress looks good with leggings and it looks like a tennis dress without and having a built in shelf bra is no good for pulling over other workout tanks/bottoms for to-fro.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the detailed report! Did you visit Irvine or Newport today? I plan on making a trip to Irvine tomorrow so I'd like to know what to expect. As always,you help me narrow down my many choices I wish list so I spend wisely : ) Thanks again for the info!

Anonymous said...

By my expert mathematical calculations, I've determined that since spring began on March 21st and Summer begins on June 21st... The "Mid-spring" Lulu colo r revival should occur the week of May 9-13... lol. It will have been nearly 2 months of downtime by then :S If color doesn't then we should all start protesting Lulu's broken promises hahaha... those of us without stores have been relying on angels for too long and missing out on a lot of pretty things!!

LuluAddict said...

@ Anon 2:42 pm - Newport.

I know the mat has been stuck. I think it's a travesty that they need so much downtime. E-commerce could be a big part of their business if they let it but it has never been a priority for them. The whole change-over is a major eff-up as far as I'm concerned.

Anonymous said...

Agreed luluaddict the change-over is a major eff-up. They should have at least kept phone sales live until the web was up and running.

Anonymous said...

I think their worst mistake was giving us a date of this Friday originally. There's no more talk of date and it's all now "mid-spring" which is pretty sad for a company to have messed up this much. I've worked for companies launching new online stores and the old one isn't taken down until the new one is ready to go. It isn't that big of a deal and I don't understand why they can't get their act together.
Luckily I have several stores near me but this is unfair for others.

LuluAddict said...

You would think the website hiccup would affect their stock price but we'll see. Wall street seems to love Lulu no matter what. I guess they will play off the fiasco as part of their "scarcity" model.

I don't get taking down the old website until the new one is up and running. One would think the second site would be built behind-the-scenes in parallel and then the switchover could be done more or less seemlessly. I know there is a new distribution center thrown in the mix but so what. Companies must do this thing all the time. Why it's such a problem for lululemon is beyond me. It'll be interesting to see how much their revenue is affected.

Anonymous said...

I hope their revenue is affected. It should be. They are handling this horrendously and they deserve to have it bite them in the tush all these weeks with no online merchandise (the black thing is a bad joke). I also hope it affects their stock price. Perhaps they'll learn a lesson. They wanted to put their website "in better hands" inhouse but so far it seems to be in worse hands. So typical of them I'm sorry to say. Great clothing but BAD ROLLOUT.

Anonymous said...

Are they going to get CRBs or MRTs in black seabed? Love the print, but don't want a tunic. Got my vinyasa scarf today in light grey pique! Totally love it.

LuluAddict said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LuluAddict said...

@ anon 5:39 - I hope it comes in a CRB or MRB but I think it's at least coming in a Power Y.

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way about the seabed Its A Cinch dress...fell in love w/it as a tunic! My store sold out of my size the day they received it so they called another store and did a charge-send for me. It will be super cute over yoga clothes as well as with white jeans/crops/leggings.

Was discussing the website issue with one of the educators and she told me that the reason the site is only black is because they have put all the color in the stores so we should see a lot more color than usual. Interesting that this is their company line currently...