Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Camo Wunder Unders - Mini Review (Update)

I got to see the Camo Wunders today. They are polyester, like all of Lulu's prints lately, and have a bit of a sheen. I didn't try them on but I just saw a review that they are see-through if you bend over. The lady tried her size and the next one up and the same thing happened - so be aware if you get them.

Update - Some ladies posted some photos of themselves bending to show how sheer the Camo WUs get - it's not that bad.
Illustrating extreme stretch on the Camo WUs

A nice lady from the TJI board took one for the team to post photos showing how sheer the camo WUs get when stretched. She said about this photo: "...the knee area looks sheer like a thick panty hose. And the sheen on my left leg - this us as bad as it gets. This is fluorescent lighting, 1 inch from the mirror. From 2 feet away, they almost look solid black." Anyway, from what I am reading, people are still getting them even though they get a bit sheer when stretched. I've seen a few photos of people's rears bent over in them and I couldn't see a thing. However, the same woman posted "Pretty see through - not anymore than a luxtreme running crop though. Reminds me of thick panty hose. But it's camouflage...so it's camouflaged."

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both colors are VERY see-through if you bend over.

Anonymous said...

Can somebody please clarify the see-through bend test? Are wunder unders only see-through while wearing white/light-colored underwear? What about no underwear or black underwear?

I've never even bothered to try this test before, and now I'm scared to, although I don't have any of the newer prints that seem to be having this problem.

Anonymous said...

Where Did you see these crops????! I NEED them!

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 10:15 - they were at the South Coast Plaza store in Costa Mesa, cA

Anonymous said...

I am still getting these, I personally feel people are really over-reacting on this. How often are you bending over with your butt in the air, stretched up as far as it can reach for the whole world to see?

Anonymous said...

Why does Lulu not test these before distribution? I don't think it's beyond the company's production abilities to make pants that are not see-through. It's a little ridiculous. C'mon. Make pants that aren't see-through (not even a LITTLE see-through) if you're charging almost $70 for them.

Anonymous said...

I have them on today for the gym they don't seem to be too see through I have a black thong on though. I bent over by the mirror before taking the tags off and could see the white rip out tag but that was it. I am very fare skinned so u would think u would be able to see my skin through if they were so see through but I couldn't. Tags r off and I'm keeping them. They really are not too shiny either. Will be cute next winter with boots too:)

Anonymous said...

I asked on TJI but lost my post because things move so fast around there. People said that the Lab camo WUs had greens and purples in them (sounds pretty and different). Neither of these new ones have the same colors as the Lab WUs, correct?

Anonymous said...

@anon 8:25 am Thank you for that feedback! :) Oooh I can't wait to wear them with tall brown boots in the fall! I'm so glad you made me think of it.

Anonymous said...

Husband just picked up a pair for me! LOVE!! Like earlier post, will be SUPER cute in Fall with boots!

LuluAddict said...

@ Anon 8:58 am - I have a camo extra long CRB from the Lab - the lab camo *is* different but I think I read they aren't going to make camo stuff at the lab anymore.

Michele LaPorte said...

Please let me know if you or anyone else is selling their camo WUC or WUP in size 6!! Would looove to purchase and it's sold out everywhere :(