Saturday, May 7, 2011

Try On Report: Circuit Tank

I got a chance to go to my local store this afternoon. I tried a few of the new items on. This review is about the Circuit Tank. I really wanted to like this one. I like the look of the V-neck and the key-hole back. One of my first issues is that this is made of luon light. In the summer months I tend to switch to my lighter weight tanks - silverescent, swiftly, luxtreme, circle mesh, and sheer  luon. I find luon light kind of hot for summer workouts and especially in my spin class which gets very overheated in the summer. Some tanks in luon light feel very cool and others feel kind of heavy. I tried on the Circuit Tank in Tango, Black, and the Heathered Coal Wee Stripe. All of them felt thicker than a typical CRB and itchy, which is not typical of this fabric. 

My second issue was with the puckers on the breast. I just didn't like how they looked on me. If they were smaller, I could have lived with them but they were very noticeable and stretched over half my boob:

I was kind of surprised the puckers were still so noticeable because I thought being bustier would minimize them.

However, I probably would have lived with both these issues but the biggest one was that this tank caused pressure points along the front of my armpit and at my neck/shoulder/shoulder blade. It reminded me a lot of how I feel when wearing the 50 Rep Bra.

50 Rep
I know some people can wear a 50 Rep with no problem but there are more than a few people in the reviews on the Lululemon website that mention issues with pressure points and this bra. I think if you are a person who has had issues with the 50 Rep you will most likely have issues with the Circuit Tank. If you don't have any problems with the 50 Rep, go ahead and buy/order this tank. It's a fairly long tank, runs true to size or a bit roomy, and has a figure flattering design. Contrary to some reports I didn't have too much trouble getting it off. I tried both my typical tank size and the next size down. The support is on the lower end of medium. I'd put it similar to a Power Y. I would walk and lift weights in it but I'd probably find too much jiggle on the elliptical. I played with the adjustable bra and putting cups in to maximize support but still on the lower side of moderate for busty women. If this tank came in luxtreme, I might have overlooked the pucker and pressure issues to give it a try but all these things added up to no sale for me.

9 comments:

Luvlulu said...

I didn't notice it hitting pressure points on me. I better put it on tomorrow and wear it around the house for a bit before I take the tags off. I wasn't a big fan of the puckers but I am trying to give it a chance because I like everything else about the tank. Thanks for your review.

LuluAddict said...

Definitely wear it around for a good 15-20 minutes because I didn't notice until I was wandering the store looking for more things to try on and chatting with the educators. That is how the 50 Rep fits me, too. It'll feel fine at first but after awhile it starts to bug me.

luv2sweat said...

Have u seen the Bliss Tank in your stores? If and when you do can you post it here pls.? I really like that tank but it seems the store I go to doesn't get the same stock as your store. I'm in SoCal.

ilovefetacheese said...

WOW I never even noticed the puckering until you mentioned it...Don't like it!! Hm...I had high hopes for the tango circuit tank but I may have to pass now. I am one of those people that HATES the 50 rep bra. I literally almost walked out of a calm yoga class because I wanted to tear that beast off. I sold it the next day on the exchange. I think it is not good for D cup +.

Thanks for the review, as always!

Anonymous said...

I am small chested, (32A-34AA, Iknow, I know..don't laugh). Have you seen either the Full Eagle or the Circuit in small chested people? How does it look? Just don't want the "cup's half empty" look, that's all. Also in regards to the adjustable bra, is the hook uncomfortable? I passed on the Push Ur Limit with the adjustable bra because the hook looks big and I'm afraid it might dig into my ribs. I don't have a store close by(about 2 hours away) and didn't want to have to mail back items that I'm iffy on in the first place. Any input will help. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review on the Circuit Tank--sure helps when you live hours from a store. Would you say the tango red in the luon light is a true red or does it have orange tones? Thanks!

LuluAddict said...

@ luv2sweat - I did not notice the Bliss tank in the store yesterday. I don't think we got them yet.

@ilovefetacheese - If you decided to get the Circuit Tank just make sure to wear it for a good 20 minutes or so to test the issue. I think the combination of the strap design and the weight of heavier breast make the material stretch in the wrong place on certain people.

@ anon 7:34 am - I think the Eagle Tank looks great on smaller chested women. It also comes with the bra cookies. Just make sure to do some twisted moves in the tank before you rip the tags off if you are going to use it for exercise. I read a review where some woman's boob popped out in a yoga class in the old Eagle Tank. Other than the noticeable boob-puckers on the Circuit Tank, I don't think you will have an issue with it. Getting black will minimize them. The hooks are on the outside of the bra band so they shouldn't bother you. However, I don't have a tank with the hooks and don't have long term wearing experience with them.

@ anon 7:57 am - Tango red is a tomato red - there is a bit of orange in it. I think it's a pretty red and am still hoping to get a tank in it. I am waiting for a swiftly racerback in the color but I wish I'd grabbed the CRB when they were on line.

Anonymous said...

@LuluAddict 11:11am
Thanks for the info for smaller chested girls in regards to the Circuit and Full Eagle tanks. Appreciate it. Looks like I may be trying it out after all!

Anonymous said...

@ anon 7:57 am - I agree with LuluAddict with Tango Red. Very pretty! I have it in the Deep Breath. I think the red compliments most skin tone. I am tanned and it brings out the warmness of my color. I've also seen it on someone fair and darker skin. Both looks really good too. You can't go wrong with it, as long as you like bright colors...coz it IS bright!