Monday, June 27, 2011

Yesterday's Shopping Trip

I visited a couple of my local stores yesterday to see if I could find the Surge Wee Stripe CRB but neither had it in yet. I did try on the Surge/Surge Wee Stripe Define yesterday. I really like the look of the wee stripe pattern in the symbol but I just don't care for Surge with my coloring. I think this will mean I will pass on the Surge Wee Stripe CRB, too. One odd thing about this jacket is that the material seemed super stretchy, almost like light luon. It was a noticeable difference from the Potion Purple Define I wore into the store. Sometimes some colors feel stretchier or thicker than others and this is one. It almost makes this Define a nice summer-weight Define.

I also tried on the Shape Me bra at the store. It wasn't as low cut as I thought it would be on me. It was very comfortable and gave me a nice shape. I don't think it was super supportive but much better than a Flow Y for me. I'd put the support probably around the same as a 50 Rep for larger busted ladies. I still prefer the look of the Energy bra in the back but this is a decent sports bra and seemed comfortable when I tried it layered under a Power Y. It comes with cups.

Potion - left, Dewberry - right

I deliberately wore my Potion Define to the store so I could compare it to Dewberry and the colors are nearly identical.  Contrary to the above photo, I thought Potion was the brighter purple and Dewberry a touch more muted, like it had a little black added to it. However, the lighting in the store is a bit odd.

I almost bought a Tango Red Power Y that was on the sale rack but decided I didn't like how Tango Red just plays up the pink undertones in my skin. The only thing I ended up buying yesterday was a pair of Technikini underwear. I hope some new tanks in new colors come out. My lulu ADD is kicking in.

8 comments:

christina said...

I thought the exact same thing about potion and dewberry - potion was just a bit more vibrant!

Anonymous said...

Hi LLA, Did you see or hear any news in regards to the Astro Wunder Unders? I'm very excited about this crop.

Anonymous said...

Do you have a comparison between potion and raspberry?

Anonymous said...

Ooops, I mean Dewberry and Raspberry?

Anonymous said...

LLA, did you happen to see if there were any citron wee stripe CRB's in? Thanks!

Stephanie said...

"lulu ADD"... that is classic :)

Emily @ Sweating Sugar said...

I am glad dew berry is almost the same as PP. I won't need to buy it as bad!!

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 9:15 am - Neither South Coast nor Irvine had any of the Wee Stripe CRBs yesterday. They might get them in this week, though.

@ anon 9:02 am - I don't have any comparison photos. I do have both, though. Potion is much more purple than Raspberry.