Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Deep V is Coming Back!!!




This link was just posted on the Lululemon Facebook page (thanks to Erica for noticing this). I hope they are bringing back the Athletic Deep. That one was the most supportive and modest of all the Deep Vs. I personally hope they don't change a thing about this tank. What is cute on the video is how one woman said the Deep V is her husband's favorite tank. It's my husband's favorite, too.


This is the Athletic Deep V. The straps have the one inch elastic inside them, like the Push UR Limits, so it is very supportive. The style is flattering to a variety of figures. If you aren't busty, it makes you look like you have a bust and if you are busty, it really shows it off. The back panel was made of power mesh and it had power mesh under the bust so it's relatively cool to wear. The tank was made of regular weight luon.

Deep V Quilt
This is the other version of the Deep V. The neckline was a lot more open and exposed a lot more cleavage. It's also fairly supportive but not nearly as much as the ADV. This also was made of regular weight luon but there was a version that came out in all-luxtreme.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome news, I really want the Deep V back! Any version is fine with me.

Emily @ Sweating Sugar said...

I love the quilt version. I didn't see that online but fingers are crossed!

Anonymous said...

can anyone tell me what the overall length of the tank is like? Is it similar to the Circuit tank or something like that? It looks on the shorter side. I'd like something that doesn't show any midsection when i do sun salutations.

Lulu Citron said...

I hope the bra will be adjustable like the push our limit tank!!!

Anonymous said...

Anon @ 1:23 the overall length of the Deep V on my size 4 is 21" - it may be the shortest of all my tanks. I would also say it is probably the tightest of all my tanks. I wear a 4 in everything but CRB, which I wear a 2. I am a 32A so if you are a little larger in the chest it might be a tank you may want to size up in. Hope that helps.

Anonymous said...

The original was quite short with a bra band so tight it was hard to put off and on and required sizing Up If they adjust this it will be great.

Stephanie said...

Ooo that's adorable! I can't wait :)

Anonymous said...

As long as they lengthen it a bit and address the bra band sizing, I'm aboard! Just sold a favourite that was still NWT because I couldn't get past the relative shortness.

yogibabe said...

Just like Anon3:37 PM - I find that the Athletic Deep V III are pretty tight around the chest. Actually all the Deep Vs are. Hopefuly they will remedy that, just like they did the Power Y. Would love to see this style come back again. Always thought that this is one of the most elegant style for a work out clothes.

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm so excited; I've lost some weight so I can't wear my Athletic Deep V's anymore. I hope they lengthened the body though. The original tanks were a smidge too short for me, somewhere between PUL and CRB length would be great.

Labrador Lover said...

The Deep V is my daily uniform. Lovin' all the old school Deep V prints with mesh back. The most feminine of all lulu styles. In fact, I sold all my Push UR Limits on eBay for cash to buy more Deep Vs... I felt the Push URs looked a bit manly with my broad shoulders... Deep Vs are perfect. This is great news that they're comin' back... curious as to what the designers will come up with.