Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Today's Shopping Trip

I went to the store today to see the newest arrivals and to try on the luxtreme Deep Breath tanks. I was hoping to find the luxtreme versions more supportive and less stretchy than the regular luon light version and they were. I ended up going home with the Royalty Deep Breath. I tried on the three colors that my store had - Royalty, Dewberry, and Coal. I thought the Coal version fit snugger (more TTS) than the other two.  The fit reminds me a lot of the Athletic Deep V as far as how much cleavage shows. I really prefer luxtreme as a technical fabric to luon light so I am happy this version of the Deep Breath came out. I find luxtreme more silky-feeling, more breathable, and more wicking than luon light. I like CRBs a lot as casual wear and exercising outside but I find them kind of hot to wear indoors in the gym, particularly in the warmer months.  I hope Lululemon continues to make the luxtreme version of the Deep Breath tank.

I know some people have poo-pooed the ribbon/ruffle detail at the neckline of the luxtreme Deep Breaths but I think it really makes the top. I ended up sizing down in the Royalty so the top fit a little more snug in the cups but the Coal version was too small when I tried the next size down. I had hoped to give the black a try, too, but I might have to buy it on line. I might get it if I like the way the Royalty performs at the gym as far as support and exposure because I do like the style a lot.  All three colors I saw were solid luxtreme so I'm not sure why the Dewberry version looks two tone in photos. It must have something to do with the orientation of the weave of the fabric between the top and bottom portions of the tank.

Bold Blue, left, and Royalty, right in direct sunlight. Both are luxtreme.
Royalty, top. Bold Blue bottom in indirect light. Both are luxtreme.
I also tried on the new Royalty Space Dye and Magnum Space Dye Scoop Neck tanks. One of the stores wrote the Scoop Necks now have adjustable bras but they don't. I thought both of the new colors fit on the small side. I really liked the Royalty Space Dye and might consider getting one in a Power Y.

I tried on the new All Sport Shorts. I liked them a lot but I think I like the fit of the new Willpower shorts on me better. It's great that Lululemon is making longer shorts designed for women with more muscular legs.

I gave the new Heathered Black Still shorts a try. I might go back and get them but for now I can live without them. I think the heathered versions are a bit thinner than regular weight luon and show flaws a little more easily. I was hoping to try on the new Take Flight Pullover but the store isn't getting them for a couple of days.

19 comments:

Luvlulu said...

So glad to hear you liked the luxtreme Deep Breath. I am going to head to my store tomorrow and try them on. I bought three in the the luon light but do notice they stretch out aren't that supportive. They are definitely the most revealing tank I own but they're cute. I agree with you about luxtreme tanks being so comfy. I have several Run: Zoom Singlets and one PUL and I really love them.

Anonymous said...

Hi Luluaddict! I'm somewhat new to Lululemon and have a couple of questions-what do you mean by "technical" fabric? What makes one fabric technical and another one not? What is "luxtreme" made of? Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Did you buy the same size as regular deep breath?

Scoopy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Is royalty more blue or purple?

yogibabe said...

I love the Deep Breath and have ordered two last Thurs, Dew Berry and Royalty. After reading your post , I do hope that they will fit somewhat similar with the luon light version as I've ordered my same size on both. (Have ALL the colors on that one, that's how much I love them!) The support is not much of an issue for me, as I am rather small chested. I find that it works well for my yoga practise, even in interesting inverted twists. Interesting to hear that the Dew Berry is all luxtreme. I happy about that! I was informed by an Educator on the phone that the Dew Berry is luxtreme on top and luon light in the bottom. Wish they educate their Educators thoroughly on their new products before spreading mis-information to their clients that do not have the chance to pop into a store to try things out before purchasing.

Anonymous said...

Anon 4:50 - technical fabrics refer to fabrics that are not natural.
Technical fabrics are meant to "wick" away sweat so that if you are in long workouts, you're not in soaking wet cothes.

Michelle Q said...

I went to the store today and tried the DB and the new Take Flight Skirt. I love the DB in luxtreme, but luxtreme and my midsection aren't too fond of each other. So, begrudgingly, I passed - even though Royalty is GORGEOUS in this tank. I also passed on the skirt, as once again, I'm perturbed by the flounce.

Anonymous said...

Anon 4:50,
Lulu's technical fabrics are mostly a combination of Lycra(a fancy name for Spandex) and other materials such as nylon,polyster,cotton, or wool. Luon, which is found in a big % of Lulu's clothing, is a mixture of Lycra and nylon.

Anon 9:33,
Wicking sweat means that the sweat is transfered from your skin to the clothing but I don't find that my Lulu tops dry any faster than my Nike ones! They are basically made from the same materials. I'm still soaking in both my Lulu's and Nike's after a hard run or spin class :(

Sha said...

I just got my royalty DB tank and I love it! The ruffle details are so pretty and it does make the tank. The luxtreme feels great against the skin. I may have to get dewberry as well. Royalty to me has a tint of blue and purple, LOVE IT!!

ShanYogi said...

Hi Lulu addict and everyone who bought the Deep Breath tank - Congratulations! The tank is beautiful. Am tempted to get one in royalty.

Question - Do you think it's suitable for yoga, especially with inversions/downward dog/forward bends/twists etc.? Any risk of chest poppage? I don't live near a store and can't try one before purchasing. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hi all: Would love & appreciate feedback on Take Flight Skirt. Michelle Q passed, but was wondering if anyone else liked, sizing/TTS?? Overall impressions would be great! Thanxx

Amanda said...

If you don't mind wearing a bra underneath, I find that adding my energy bra to the deep breath tank gives me great support and coverage, and I think the back looks cool. Some of these light support crisscross back bras would probably work too, I haven't picked any up yet.

Pattybea said...

Anon 4:29--I bought the take flight skirt, I am not bothered by the flounce. I like to have different skirts and this skirt is different. I also wear the energy and the speed skirts.

I am typically a 4 in everything, but in the skirts it seems as though I have a size 2 waist and a size 4 rear. So I take a 2 in the speed (more room in the rear) and 4's in the energy and take flight, as the rear was too tight in those styles.

Lulu Citron said...

To yogibabe 7:13
I just received my DB deep breath tank and it is 2 tones. Seems like the educator was right. It is made of Luxtreme and luon I wonder why it is made different from the other colors.

Anonymous said...

I found the deep breath to be supportive, but super unflattering. It just pooled around my waist and made my hip bones look really wide. I love the neck, though.

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 4:50 pm- my personal version of technical fabric is one that is made to be sweated & exercised in - breathable (meaning I don't feel overheated in it when I start to exercise) and wicking. For lulu, this includes luon, luon light, luxtreme, sheer luon, circle mesh & silverescent. I think I've covered all their materials. I find the cotton and vitasea materials too hot to workout in and more suitable for casual wear.

@ anon 6:00 pm - I think it's more blue than purple.

@ Shan Yogi - It definitely is a bit revealing if you are busty (D/DD). I don't think your boob will pop out but I know a lot more shows on my left one (the outer crossover piece) when the top slips down a bit. It doesn't gap as I bend over but twists could show a bit more than you like. You might have to keep an eye out and yank it back up so you don't show so much skin.

Emily @ Sweating Sugar said...

I like this tank a lot.....hope it is not to close to the wish blue because I have a lot of that already.

yogibabe said...

Just received both the Royalty and Dew Berry Deep Breath. Love the ribbon/ruffle detailing and it does give the top an extra uumph! (Just subtle...not too gaudy!) Like Lulu Citron 8:12 above, my Dew Berry is also two toned. Slightly darker on the body part. Very pretty though and they shipped with cups.