Monday, August 1, 2011

Kiwi Heads Up and Today's Shopping Trip

A really nice set of photos of the Run For Your Life Pullover. I think this is Magnum. Only Australia and New Zealand have this but it will be coming our way soon.

I was hoping to find them but none of my local stores have the new Silver Bullet and Run For Your Life tanks yet. I think they are coming in this week, hopefully on Monday or Tuesday. Instead, I went bargain hunting on the markdown racks at a couple of my local stores. All my local stores have fairly healthy racks. I struck pay dirt at one and got a Grapeseed Energy bra for $34 (it seems like certain colors of the Energy are on sale) and another pair of Biker Groove in the Unicorn Tears print (they reverse to all black) also for $34 (older colors are on markdown). I already have black and pink mist Energy bras but this has become my favorite lululemon bra to layer underneath other tanks. I also have been wearing my Biker Groove shorts a lot in the warmer weather so I was hoping to find another pair in my size on markdown. I almost bought the Paradise Rashguard in black, it was on a good markdown, but it was really tight and I wasn't keen about wearing a long sleeve black shirt in hot weather. I would much prefer a short sleeve or sleeveless rashguard to protect my back and chest. I also picked up my husband a couple of pairs of shorts at another store. I got a pair of Core Shorts for $39 and a pair of his favorite Run Response shorts for $49. Finding markdown on men's stuff has been very tough for a long time so I am happy I found a couple of bargains.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Magnum color looks interesting. Can someone tell me if it is more on the coal side or kalki spectrum

ChiRunner said...

@Anon 4:28 - It looks very khaki-ish in the photo here, but I saw the magnum Dance Studio Crops the other day and I would describe it as more of a gray with a bit of lavender undertone.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. The will pullover looks great, but the color was a concern. I was hoping in real life it was khaki-ish & not the gray side. I have so much gray already. But I like the new wren color - great neutral

Anonymous said...

Not really a fan of the pullover, its too busy looking, and it looks loose in some areas, tight in others in that picture.
I am jealous about your energy bra find. I love grapeseed and the energy bra. Its lululemons best bra, IMO.
PS- my word verification is "sperm" Immature I know, but I had to share! lol

Dawn said...

I have a few of the UV shirts - I got the black rashguard on markdown here in Canada. I find it very flattering. I think one of the best things about the UV shirts (besides the UV protection) is the fact that once you're wet, the UV shirt stays wet much longer, keeping you a lot cooler. Even though it's so hot out, I feel nice and cool! :)

Anonymous said...

that run for your life pullover isn't loose--she needs to size up! it's pulling along her back and behind her shoulders, regardless of what size she is. i don't get why educators need to wear/model the clothing one to two sizes smaller than they really are. is it a mental thing? "look, I can fit into a size 6!" (even though I'm a healthy size 8 in reality). i would like to think LLL's educators would "educate" the consumer in purchasing items that meet their wants/needs as well as feel comfortable with the body they have today!
i had an educator suggest a size 4 to me once and i laughed in her face while pointing to my muscular/swimmer shoulders and strong/endowed derrier, and asked "what part of this makes YOU think will fit into a size 4?" lmao

Anonymous said...

first anon - magnum is a grey with hints of purple. love it. and YES, the lady in the pullover needs to SIZE THE HECK UP. honestly

kukhuvud said...

Wow, which Lulu is your local one? Is it SCP or FI?

As a guy, I'm keen on finding a bargain on a pair of Run Respnce also :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, you girls are right about the size up, I took a look at the bust, but now I realize its rouching and not loose.

Anonymous said...

The rollouts lately have been so bad the clothes are ugly!Why does Lulu keep on making hoods that are too big for the garment?

Anonymous said...

speaking of markdowns! palo alto had still pants for $19!!! NOTHING is ever that cheap at lulu... i literally called everyone lol

LuluAddict said...

Still pants for $19! Wow!

@kukhuvud - I consider all the OC lulus to be my local one since they are about the same distance away - SCP, Irvine, and FI However, I have been going to SCP most lately since it's the first stop off the 55 for me. The men's shorts markdowns were at Irvine but only in Small, though they did have some other tops on sale.