Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Aussie Heads Up - New Colors, New Arrivals, and Tonight's Shopping Trip


A new color CRB showed up these evening in Australian Product Alerts. This is Heathered Tree Frog. I'm so glad new colors are showing up finally. I was getting very bored with the same old, same old. There is also a new Heathered Deep Camo. I assume that is a dark green color. As soon as I find a photo of it I will post it. (Thanks to Megan for photo of the new Aussie CRB colors).

Another Australian product alert had the Premium Technikini in Currant. I would think this is the new red we are supposed to be getting.

These photos are from the Salt Lake store. Some new items in Lilac are starting to hit the stores. This is a Scoop Neck in Lilac Heathered Coal Wee Stripe/Lilac.

Heathered Lilac Flow Y

Lilac Swiftly SS

A new Stride in Black Swan. It's hard to tell from this photo but this is supposed to be a deep purple color not another shade of gray/black. It has a herringbone insert. When I first started buying lululemon four years ago herringbone, houndstooth, and pinstripes were used a lot. I'm kind of glad to see them again.

A new manifesto print LS.

Wunder Grooves Made in the USA - Yay!
I got to visit the Carlsbad store today. My sister was in San Diego on business and we met for shopping and dinner. I bought a pair of Wunder Under Grooves. So many people have raved how they prefer the higher waistband of the WU Grooves to regular Wunder Unders that I had to give them a try. I immediately liked the higher waistband. Like many others, I think the regular Wunder Unders give me terrible muffin top.  My regular Wunder Unders also feel kind of scratchy (they were made in Canada). I thought the material in the WU Grooves felt very soft, like the material in my Pritti crops. I didn't expect to like them so much and when I saw the solid black ones were made in the US I had to buy them. The heathered charcoal WU Grooves were made in Canada. I also tried on the X-long Heathered Magnum CRB again but decided I could live without it. I've seen so many photos where the extra length just seems to emphasize the hips or make everyone's tummies seem poochier than they are. The Carlsbad store didn't have much new stuff. My sister got the Snowy Owl Speed Skirt, a Ghost Power Y, and the Take Flight Pullover for her October 9th Portland Marathon. She really liked the fact that the Take Flight Pullover had some lycra spandex in it. She hates the lack of lycra in the current version of the Swiftly tops.

26 comments:

Megan said...

ahhh I LOVE wunder grooves! I didn't know there was heathered charcoal wunder grooves! I need those...

made in USA and Canada = awesome.


Do you think it was old stock or new?

Anonymous said...

It figures that they'd raise the price just when they come out with a green, red and deep purple crb. Gah!

Anonymous said...

wow super disappointed by today's upload

Anonymous said...

What's with the trend of boring uploads, tired colors and higher prices lately??? It's really starting to get old!

yogibabe said...

Saved my money today. Waiting for the new colors, next week, I hope. Will have to bite the bullet on the CRB price increase though. I must have the Heathered Tree Frog! :) BTW, ALL CRBs are gone this morning.

Anonymous said...

I am THRILLED by the new colors coming out- I got some things in the muted mauve, but lately none of the colors either looked good on me, or did anything for me. I have wanted a red for while now- how do the reds hold up to washing?

I like the manifesto long sleeves, but they are so delicate- not sure I want to spend the money.

As for the price increase- I am ticked. I have only seriously become addicted to my lulu the past year or so- but I noticed the quality is inconsistent- some of my stuff holds up wonderfully- some of it- not so much. I baby it, wash cold, delicate, line dry with lulu only loads. I do use woolite- and was wondering if there was maybe a softener in it? I know the care labels say not to use fabric softener.

Regardless- I will buy some of the new stuff- but I really hope the quality is there- the price increases in todays economy are ridiculous.

On another note, I saw a six year old in very lulu looking clothing today- the colors and stitching looked the same. Found that interesting.

Wonder if Lulu will trend itself out fashionwise and become passes- like the thong workout gear with lycra tights in the 80's...

Anonymous said...

oops - passe not passes :0

Anonymous said...

Oh no, all the new colors look terrible on me. Guess I'll have to wait until spring.

LuluAddict said...

The Wunder Grooves were the latest. They were in my product notices a couple of weeks ago. They tend to come and go in batches so people snap them up when they show up again at the stores because they like them so much.

Tracy said...

Excited for the Manifesto LS and new Stride Jacket in Black Swan and checked the website earlier this morning- zilch. Then look in the "this just in" section and most of the stuff I already saw in my store and showroom here in Vegas. Then I see the new color in the mat- that looks like the lilac from last year just with different packaging. And, the one used by the ambassador is actually the mat in royalty which I already have. I really missed out on the mat in dewberry.

What's with lulu's stuff lately? Haven't been excited at all.

Anonymous said...

I really want to see some jewel tones for fall/winter. And some items designed especially for cold weather - brushed luon, accessories like brisk earwarmer, etc. Sadly Thursday is my favorite day of the week because of Lulu uploads, but today was such a bust. I did, however, get an Under Armor shipment in. Their new Storm hoodies (water resistant) are pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

Does Lululemon usually upload stuff into the Made Too Much section on days they add new merchandise, or no?

Anonymous said...

The tree frog and currant would look terrible on me with my pale, slightly pinkish skin, but I like the heathered camo. What a crappy upload today. Oh, the crbs are all gone? Wow, they must've "sold out" of all of them in a hurry. Isn't that what someone posted yesterday - someone from the GEC told them that when they called? At least don't lie, GEC! There were heathered mauve crbs in all sizes yesterday.
I think I will try the WU grooves. LLA, I have 8 pairs of WU (not all the same size - I bought smaller sizes as I lost weight) and they are all soft like the Priiti crops. That was until I received a pair of heathered black WU last week that I ordered. They were SO scratchy, and thin! It was ridiculous. Plus they had the theft deterrent tag still attached. I should've looked to see where they were made.

Anonymous said...

Dear Lululemon,

EMERALD green. Lay off the citron infused greens. Gross.

Please and thank you,
Me.

Anonymous said...

Like the new colors, especially the red. But I agree...Thursday uploads are my favorite day and I've been so unhappy with lulu stuff lately....

Anonymous said...

Like the new colors, especially the red. But I agree...Thursday uploads are my favorite day and I've been so unhappy with lulu stuff lately....

Gabbie said...

We made too much section gets uploaded on random days, it was friday nights for a couple weeks and this week was monday night.

So disappointed in the product drops and uploads lately. I am also new to Lulu this year, as I can finally afford it after being on mat leave but I am not liking the colors they have come out with. I neeeeed PINK! I was good with the upload today and did only buy the City Beat Pants! Excited they were finally uploaded!

Anonymous said...

anyone have experience with the lulu mats, the mat versus the un mat? how do they compare to other mats?

Alicia said...

I love the made in the USA and Canada tags. I will pay the extra money for those! I will not pay extra money if it's not.

Anonymous said...

Enough for me static, space, heathered same old…same old...same old. Time to look around

Anonymous said...

Just grabbed a pair of the groove pants, afraid they're going to go up in price next and I already had a VERY hard time parting with $98 that could've been spent on more necessary expenses. Now, I think that I'm going to SEVERELY taper my spending with Lulu. Boring designs and increasingly ridiculous prices are becoming a hard to ignore pattern when finances are tight and I've already got a pretty decent collection established. They're making it much easier to say "pass".

lulufan said...

camo is pretty decent from the pic--hopefully it's a true forest green.

As for tree frog... YUCK. I agree with the other chick: EMERALD GREEN.

Anonymous said...

fug colors = happy wallet

yogibabe said...

@anon 10:14 AM

I started with the Manduka mats 9 years ago and won't try any other. Actually I have, the rare few times when I do not have my own mat with me. The others just can't compare. Lulu carried Manduka mats some time last year. It's the priciest mat around and this time, Price equates to the Best quality! But of course, all these are just my own opinion!

Anonymous said...

Ooh! I second Emerald Green! The citron colors aren't my thing.

J in TO said...

I am hopeful for the Black Swan colour, but I have to see it in person. It sounds like a nice blackberry colour. I also like the look of the Current colour, but Tree Frog does not appeal to me.