Sunday, November 6, 2011

NEW! New Fleece Jacket - The Off the Mat





New, very pricey fleece jacket called the Off the Mat Jacket (thank again to Sharon for the pics). I really like the look of this jacket but I can't like the price at all. I don't see the reason for the $80 price increase over the Don't Hurry Be Happy pullover made of the same material. It does have more details so I can see a bit of a bump but not $80 worth. My other concern with this jacket is that my fleeces, whether they are lululemon or North Face, tend to look a bit ratty after being washed multiple times. Although, I do have an off-white Mountain Hardware fleece I got last year that still looks pretty nice so maybe companies have figured out how to make fleece wear well.

On a related note, I took the tags of my Don't Hurry Be Happy yesterday to wear to my kids' soccer games yesterday. I was outside from 8 am to 4 pm watching games and the weather was in the upper 40s to mid 60s. I layered the DHBH over a long sleeve swiftly and was very warm. I really liked the feel of the high pile fleece against my neck and chin and when the wind kicked up I pulled it over my head as a hood. I thought the pullover did a good job of blocking the wind, too. All in all, I am very happy that I decided to keep this pullover.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I decided to try to the DHBH pullover but it's just too big for my 5 ft. frame. Returned to the store much to the excitement of the educators.

Instead I wore a Land's End fleece crew to my pilates class yesterday. They have such pretty colors (if you buy them early enough 'cause they sell out). The fleece still looks pretty good a year after I bought it. Plus it's more static resistant.

yogibabe said...

Really like the look/structure of the new Off The Mat but just cannot justify the price of $178.00! It's hard for me to refuse, as I REALLY like it, but out of principle, I will not buy this.

Anonymous said...

$178 is absurd. I vote to boycott this top so lulu gets the message that they can't just charge whatever they want!! I can't wait for my coal DHBH to come in the mail!

Anonymous said...

Add tax and you're pretty much talking $200. Oi Vey.

MonkeyGirl said...

I agree. Love this jacket- looks cozy and flattering- but not for that price.

LuluAddict said...

I totally agree. I really like this jacket but I can't get it for that price. It was the same with the Outward Bound jacket from last year. That was $188 and I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a lulu jacket even though I loved it.

Anonymous said...

The price of $178 is crazy...however I really do like the look of it. Is this in Canada yet or just the states. Where is Sharon located?
Is it going to come in any other colours or just black? Does anyone know??? - Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

The tutu is not for fun, it's for dancers...so if you're looking for workout tanks and bras, buy them, they have lots of supportive bras and tanks for sale.

Just like runners, dancers need quality clothing too.

If you were a dancer, you'd know that.

houndlvr67 said...

You are right Luluaddict, after 3 washes people will be bitching on Facebook because their jacket looks ratty...besides the thick pile sherpa reminds me of the 70s. It just looks cheap!For $178, I would be very close to buying a warm merino sweater from Ibex or Icebreaker, OR a RECYCLED fleece from a company that I know stands behind their product: Patagonia.

Anonymous said...

at anonymous 12pm. don"t get your leotard in a bunch but, i'm a dancer, and like another dancer commented, rehearsal tutus are either given to you or made. as a dancer, i'm not paid enough to spend $98, plus tax on a rehearsal piece.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD I'M BUYING THIS! Love this jacket and have worn nothing but my dont hurry be happy p/o for two weeks. The price is worth it to me considering some of the scubas are now up to $148 and this jacket is so much nicer-looking!

Anonymous said...

It kind of reminds me of those fleece blankets with the fake fur on one side. Just think of how many cashmere or merino sweaters you could get for $178...that would withstand much more wear than this silly (but pretty) jacket!c

Anonymous said...

Gap has a sherpa fleece jacket very similar to this in the loungewear section for only $59. I just ordered it after I read about it on the boards!

Anonymous said...

i looove my don't hurry be happy and have lived in it since I got it. best ever.