Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Today's Shopping Trip - Turn Around LS - A Winner!


I visited my local store today in the hopes they had the new Turn Around LS tops and they did. I ended up returning two of the tanks I bought last week - the Currant Scoop Neck and Heathered Black Power Y - and getting two Turn Around LSs - one in the white heathered gray stripe and the other in the persian purple stripe, which looks a bit bluish in this fabric. My store also had the black striped one but I am trying to get out of my black tops comfort zone. I was hoping to see the plum Turn Around but my store hadn't received it. I know reports are that this top feels a lot like pique and I agree that it is a thicker version of running luon but the weave seems a bit looser and thinner than the pique on the Define jackets. It's still really nice. I thought the fit was a roomy TTS, kind of like the Full Tilt Pullovers. If you bought or tried on the Dash LS last year, the Turn Around runs much more true to size than that top, which I thought ran really snug. The shoulders are not overly roomy but the waist and hips seems to be. If you want to be able to layer a long sleeve Swiftly under this top then get your normal size, but if you want a more figure hugging fit then I'd size down. This top is quite long. The size ten I bought is 29" from shoulder to hem. The neckline is just right - It's not too close to the neck so I feel like I am choking but not too open so my collar bone gets chilled. I really love the clean lines of this top - there is no color blocking, excessive contrast stitching, racing stripes, or ruffles to muck it up. All in all, a great figure-flattering functional design. I hope there are more colors coming and it makes a return next year. The Turn Around LS is $78.


I tried on the Rehearsal LS and actually liked it. I thought it was a bit snug in upper arms but the top portion around the bust is actually very fitted and the neckline is very flattering. It's a cute top as a cover up but I'd only consider it for myself if it hit the markdown rack. This top was $78.

New Defines: Heathered Persian Purple, Black Herringbone, Plum Black Swan Define
I got to see the new Plum Black Swan pique Define and it's beautiful. The lulu symbol has heathered black swan luon in it, not heathered coal as I speculated yesterday.

There wasn't too much other new stuff that I looked at today. The Heathered Black Swan CRB was more purple in person than it looked in photos. The Chasse Tights felt very comfy but they only had to a size eight at my store. I wanted to try the Hang Loose pants but the store didn't have them. None of my stores had the new Apres or Run: For It Fleece tops. I'm not sure if Southern California will be getting them.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found the turnaround ls quite fitted through the waist and hips so true to size and definitely not a size down piece. Got the plum which is a very rich color.

Anonymous said...

LLA - did you see the Heathered white Gratitude wraps in your local store?

Luvlulu said...

LLA I'm N. Cal and my store had new LS in white, black and plum and hadn't received the persian purple yet. I want that one so I hope my store gets it. I was in a hurry and doing a return but I plan to go back tomorrow and get black, plum and persian purple if it came in. I love these tops, they are perfect for casual wear but still technical if I want to use it that way.

Anonymous said...

Are you supposed to be able to wear the TA LS inside out as well - hence the TA?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting your reviews Luluaddict! Can you please let me know what you thought about the fit of the rehearsal LS, specifically if this was TTS? If it shows up online I think I'd like to get it. Also, do can you comment on the legnth of it? Thanks in advance!!

Anonymous said...

Anyone see any new bras in the new colors yet???

Anonymous said...

Hi Luluaddict! what is the Run: For It fleece top? have you reviewed this...looked back and didn't see anything...Please let us know. thanks

Anonymous said...

Hi LLA!! I LOVE your blog!! I bought 2 of the LS Turn around tops today..the black and the plum. I was between the size 8 and size 10...and I went with the 8 because I wouldnt want to layer it with anything. Even with that said I'm still torn on if I bought the right size. Did you buy yours to layer or to wear on its own???

Anonymous said...

Hi LLA, you mentioned you saw the Chasse tights. Could you tell me what colors they came in? Thanks!

LuluAddict said...

@ Anon 5:09 pm - No GWs at my stores. From all I have read it will not show up in US stores. Maybe on line but not the stores.

@ Anon 5:20 pm - The Turn ARound is reversible. There are logos on both sides and an ipod cord tunnel hole on each side of the pocket, too.

@ anon 5:52 - I think the Rehearsal is TTS. It fits snug through the upper body and then widens out. I'm 5'5" and the it hit me about 2" below my crotch in the front.

@ anon 6:07 pm - I didn't see the Run For It Fleece but I just heard they are at the El Segundo store tonight so my store probably got them this afternoon.

@ anon 6:41 pm - I bought the Turn Around to wear on it's own so I went down a size. That made it very figure hugging and I am thinking I probably should have gotten my normal Scoop Neck Size.

@ anon 7:00pm - The Chasse Tights are in Black and Heathered Coal.

Anonymous said...

Hi Luluaddict! Love all the attention on your blog. Sorry I am confused..(easy for me :)). Is the Run For it Fleece that you refer to the Pullover, OR something else? thanks SO much! :)

Amanda said...

I was really hoping to get a solid black swan crb but it seems like most items are heathered or striped grr... what do you think the odds of a plain black swan crb are?

btw everything else in black swan I've managed to find something that I don't like about it.

Anonymous said...

love the rehearsal long sleeve!! Any ideas what colors it will come in? Thanks!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi LLA..thanks for your reply yesterday. I went back to my Lulu store and compared my sizes (again) in the Turn Around LS (I'm a 10 or an 8) to make sure I got the right size and the girls at the store told me to size down....so I'm happy I stuck with the 8. I think you will be happy that you sized down too...:)

Anonymous said...

I agree. I originally bought the 4 and exchanged it for the 2's!!