Saturday, December 10, 2011

Cute Lulu Water Bottle

lululemon one liter aluminum Sigg water bottle
The cute saying on this water bottle suckered my sister into getting one.  I gave her a hard because she paid $25 for it which is kind of pricey.  I checked on Amazon and you can find 1 liter Sigg bottles for about $10 less, although it won't have a cute lulu symbol as the cap.  I'm not a fan of metal bottles in general. Not only do they get dented but you have to hand wash them. You also have to unscrew the top and tip your head back to drink which I find awkward when I'm on the elliptical or spin bike. They are leak proof, though.

My favorite water bottles for the gym are the Camelback Better Bottle

camelbak better bottle water bottle
They have a flip up straw do you don't have to tip your head back. The wide mouth makes it easy to add ice cubes to your water. The best part is that you can put them in the dishwasher. I've had some for four years now and they are still going strong. The only issue is that they are not leak proof so I have to make sure I keep them upright in the water bottle pocket in my gym bag. We have a few different styles of this bottle - the filtered one, a stainless steel one, and a stainless insulated one. I hardly ever use the two stainless ones since I find the hand washing a major deterrent. The insulated one works very well but the volume inside the bottle is greatly diminished. I find the 750 ml the perfect size to get me through a one hour spin class.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the main advantage of the metal bottle is the absence of plastic, even if they are are BPA free, there are other toxins that can leach, particularily in warm environments like hot yoga. The documentary Tapped is quite eye-opening.

Anonymous said...

I have never hand washed my sigg bottles in my life, oops! I've had some of them 4+ years and they are still going strong with minor if no dents. But eek I better start hand washing! Did NOT know you were supposed to do that! The dishwasher is my bestie.

Anonymous said...

I have two Camelback water bottles, one insulated and one non. Love 'em both, use the insulated one during our hot south Texas summers, but I do wish it held as much water as the other one. I do not have time to unscrew a lid and tilt my head back during a CrossFit WOD, nor do I care about paying $25 for a painted metal water bottle, which in my opinion, makes the water taste gross. I'm plastic for life!

lindsay said...

I have the Camelbak one and I hate it. For one thing, it's really hard to get a good drink of water out of it. It always felt like it took 5 minutes of gulping to get 1 ounce of water out of it. Second, unless you have access to Sonic-style crushed ice (love it & wish I did!), it's not that easy to put ice in it with the straw because the big fridge ice-maker cubes stick together and the straw can't get down to the bottom through them.

Just my .02: For running I prefer the Ultimate Direction handheld or just a regular store bottle for short runs. The metal ones are good if the BPA and waste of plastic bottles concerns you (in which case the metal taste is probably something you can get over), and they aren't that hard to clean if you buy a bottle cleaner (search Amazon).

Anonymous said...

website says the sigg bottles are dishwasher safe...

amazr said...

I like the 25 oz Thermos "intake" bottle. DW safe, great push button lid & lock, completely spill-proof, & I can carry it with one finger. It also has a nifty indicator on the side which you can turn to keep track of how many times you fill it. BPA free $10.

Anonymous said...

I have to have a squeeze bottle for my water bottle. I tried the Camelbak one and had the same experience as Lindsay, could not get water out of it fast enough. When I'm running I cannot fuss with some pull off cap either. I like the lulu water bottle otherwise.

Anonymous said...

Camelback chill bottles (for biking) are awesome!!! For those that love a water bottle but don't want to deal with the issues of plastic (bpa, lanfills, cost etc..). HIGHLY recommend.

Anonymous said...

Here is a link. Really a great bottle.
http://www.amazon.com/Camelbak-Podium-Chill-Bottle-Carbon/dp/B00437VTJ2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1323580198&sr=8-4

doop said...

Hi! I'm actually looking for that EXACT water bottle that has the quote about running because they really like dessert but having NO LUCK finding it to order online. Can someone point me in the right direction?!

PLEASE!?

Anonymous said...

find the water bottle above on lululemon website

Andrew Cordell said...

I could not find the bottle online anywhere. Do they still sell it because Id like to buy it for a friend of mine? Could someone tell me where I can get it?

Andrew Cordell said...

I could not find the bottle any where. Do they still sell it because I'd like to buy it for a friend of mine. Could someone tell me where I could find it ASAP?

Anonymous said...

I can't seem to find this on the Lulu website either. Please guide me bc I need this! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Anyone had luck finding one? I'm dying to buy one too!

Anonymous said...

Yesss I need to find this bottle... anyonee knowww?

Lene from Germany said...

I'm looking for the "i like running" bottle since a long time, but can't buy it anywhere.

There are simliar designs on etsy.com ("I like Running Bottle"), but I would really really like to have the cute Lululemon bottle :-(