Monday, December 26, 2011

Today's Shopping Trip - Insanity!

I thought I was transported to Canada today. For the first time ever, I had to wait in line (5+ deep) for a dressing room at lulu. Both stores I went to were packed. I've been shopping on December 26th at lulu for the past few years but this is the busiest I've seen the stores yet. I think today being a federal holiday didn't help things either. Both stores I went to had large markdown racks but nothing I was tempted to bust open my lulu gift card for, though many other people were.

lululemon deep coal silver spoon slub scuba hoodie
I almost bought myself this today. It's the Deep Coal Silver Spoon Slub Salt & Pepper Scuba which I was very surprised to see at my store. It looks super nice with black pants. I already have four Scubas and just bought myself the Tinted Canvas Scuba so I don't need another Scuba at all. The Salt and Pepper Scubas have a bit of a texture, definitely slub-like, and it seemed a little bit stiffer than regular scubas. The fit was true to size. I also liked the Pigment Blue version and if I didn't already have the Wish Blue Multi Poncho Striped Scuba I would have gotten that one.


lululemon back on track long sleeve baselayer: height=
I tried on the Back on Track LS in the pigment blue. It was ok but not nearly as nice a design as the Turn Around LS. The pleats at the shoulders make it poof up a tiny bit there. The fit is a body hugging true to size. The tag says it's body mapped with mesh but it's not. It's body mapped with silverescent knit, as you can see in the photo. The rest of the top is made from running luon.  I don't know what is up with lululemon's product information on the website but there are many errors in this latest upload.


lululemon back on track silver spoon tank
I also tried on the Back on Track tank. It was a super lightweight tank but the bra portion is not big enough to contain busty women. I was spilling out all over. The Run Your Heart Out tank is a much better option if you want to be sure the girls are secure and won't pop out of place. The RYHO also gives much better support. I'd say the Back on Track tank is well-suited for low impact activities such as hot yoga. If you want to run in a luxtreme/silverescent knit tank, get the Run Your Heart Out.


I also got to reacquaint myself with the Distance tech fleece pullover. It was warm, soft,  and seemed quite wind resistant.  It's a figure skimming true to size but you might want to size up if you are going to layer anything thicker than a swiftly ls underneath.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was fun seeing all the new stuff in our store, and a relief not to be tempted by any of it. But I did get 3 tops , 2 Chasse tights and a super long scuba (I forget the name) in black in the clearance rack. Tried on a whole lot more that looked promising but was meh.

I got there 1/2 hour after it opened. Next year: on the dot. But there was still plenty in the clearance. One long rack of 6s, 8s and 10s, and then I think 4 and 12 shared a rack.

Wish I liked the bras more, because there were a lot. But jogbras are an area where, for me, Champion serves me better. Except for the cross-your-heart. That's very cute. As soon as my back flab recedes, I'll be all over one of those. Hopefully pigment blue, if it appears.

I like the new mat colors. Might spring for a blue or bright green sometime.

Thanks for getting me primed for this sale. So fun!

Anonymous said...

Haha welcome eh?

Just_jill325 said...

Thanks for the back on track tank review! Lookin forward to trying it on when I get to a store!

emaysway said...

Thank you for this post! I was so excited about the Back on Track LS since I thought it'd be close to the Turn Around (which I'm in love with!). I almost bought all of the colors online today but held off...glad I did after reading your post, it doesn't sound like this top will be one I like.

Anonymous said...

Last year I was at my store day after christmas and it was EMPTY. Only one skimpy rack of markdowns and nobody in the store. This year it was PACKED (was there one hour after opening) with lines 5 people deep for the dressing room and the register. The markdowns were pretty good - more than usual but not insane - and all the new stuff was out. I bought three pretty good deal sale items. Looks like they are on track now for a day-after like most other retailers.

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 5:57 pm - The last couple of years were like that for me - skimpy sale racks and not many people. This year was crazy busy and lots of decent deals - few half off deals but some decent markdowns. I am waiting for Flash and Wild Lime to show up.

@ emwaysway - my stores had a limited selection of Run Turn Arounds left so you can call the GEC to see what stores have them in stock and do a charge send (you pay at your local store and the distant store with the item ships the top to you. I've also heard stores can do gift card orders over the phone but have never tried it myself). The Back on Track LS is ok but not as thick as the Turn Around. I really like the TA a lot.

Anonymous said...

At our store here in Manitoba, there was a line up 200 feet out the store at 7am and it continued that way until at least 3pm today. That was insanity!

houndlvr67 said...

I love my Salt N Pepper Scuba from the spring (the Heron Gray one). You are so right that it does have a texture to the exterior that gives it a rather rough feel. The interior, however, is as soft as ever and I think that it is the most "wind proof" of all my Scubas...and I live in the "Windy City" ;-).

Lana said...

Lost my mind and ordered both the Grey and Pigment Blue Salt and Pepper Scubas today-thanks for the heads up on where to find them, I would have missed that completely.
Not that I need a total of 5 scubas...but that is beside the point. I wear them daily...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

LuluAddict said...

@ houndlvr67 - you are making me re-think the coal salt and pepper scuba. I thought it felt thinner than my other ones but if it's more wind proof that's a good thing. I put the scuba back but I keep thinking about it. Must. Be. Strong. It's so pretty, though.

Anonymous said...

LULUADDICT- I have been thinking of the coal salt and pepper scuba too. I have not seen it in person. I just bought the blue salt and pepper one. I dont need two of them but keep thinking about the coal one too. Is it that pretty?