Friday, December 2, 2011

Today's Shopping Trip

Denim Black Dance Fitness Pant
Regular Black Dance Fitness Pant
I tried on the Dance Fitness pant today and they were a major fail. I actually kind of liked the waistband but the pockets muck it up. There was way too much fabric at the bottom and it bells out a LOT. I thought the width at the bottom made me look shorter than my 5'5". You need long (thin) legs to carry these off. One interesting thing was that the material was a sort of black denim although the tag read BLACK. It was the stretchiest, softest denim luon I have ever tried on so I wonder if they have a new formula for denim. I'm pretty sure all my product alert emails said these pants just came in black and never mentioned black denim. Does anyone know if there are two flavors of these pants? Aha - found photos proving there are two flavors of the Dance Fitness pant - regular black luon and black denim luon.

It's too bad the legs bell out so widely at the bottom because the waistband seaming and vertical seaming down the outside of the leg is very cute. If these were done with the Groove or Astro pant type leg-width they'd be a win.

I also didn't care for the panel down the side of the leg. That, combined with the pockets made for a busy looking pant at the hip in the front.



I also bought the new Black Macro Micro Stripe Cool Racerback. The material in the CRB felt very soft and stretchy. The size was TTS to solid colored CRBs. I think this is a tank that looks a lot better in person than in photos. Also, you should try to arrange the stripes so they are horizontal, not bowed like they are in the web model shot. I am debating whether to keep the tags on this for a while to see if I'd prefer a Power Y or a Scoop Neck in this pattern, if they come out.

12 comments:

yogibabe said...

OMG!! After seeing all the pictures and reading your review, the Dance Fitness Pants' bell bottom looks wider than ever! I cannot imagine practising yoga or for that matter, dancing with it-without a major trip fest! Other than that failure in design, I do agree with you LLA. The waist looks super cute, but what's with the pockets? Do we even need it?

OT- Just received my CRB SE Ruffle in Coal. Very pretty. You'll regret not getting it , LLA!

Anonymous said...

I have seen alot more product returns lately at my store from pants like these and many more product defects. Honestly feels like corporate is trying to cut costs

Anonymous said...

Funny you mention returns Anon 6:36. I buy tons of things online (and spend tons of money) and return the ones I don't want to my local store.
This past week I have been told by the retail clerks (I guess the clerks prefer to be called GECs):
1.that I should take my returns to the other local store and
2. that online returns cost "their" store a ton of money
3. that they will ban me (said in a snippy sarcastic way)from "their" store if I keep bringing in my online returns.


I realize that is just a bunch of snotty clerks with a tiny bit of power they are trying to throw around in "their" store, but I am thinking that corporate wouldn't be too happy with this kind of behavior representing their company.

The quality and fit issues, yep, I agree.

Anonymous said...

are the dance pants in stores .. not online?

When I asked a store in Canada about them on Thursday .. they had no idea what i was talking about.

Anonymous said...

I don't have a full store where I live...only a showroom..she knew about the dance pants and was surprised they weren't already online since they "rolled out" december 1st...maybe next thursday they will promote them with other additions???

also...i have to admit...i had my first yucky sales experience with a return...it was a pair of pants i just got a week ago (well with-in the 2 week frame) i had my receipt and she refused me...they are pants that are now on sale (i got my ambassador discount so i essentially already go them on sale)...however, they were told by corporate to ship back the remainder of their inventory of this pant this past week...weird right? well..because of that she refused the return. doesn't seem right. i had no idea corporate was going to recall them :( now i'm stuck with them. i thought she couldn't helped me more...she had an attitude the whole time too :(

screenshop said...

Anon 4:36 -
Did you still have the tags on the pants, and just curious what style they were that were recalled?

Anonymous said...

yes i do...they are a cropped denim wunder under pant...

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 4:36 pm - You were withing the 2 week time frame and they refused a return? That's not right. Call the GEC, they should be able to help you.

LuluAddict said...

I read of the most issues with clerks at showrooms. You definitely have two weeks to return it. Also, as of Nov 11 (?) I think the return period was lengthened to January 8th. I would push the GEC to give you a gift card to compensate you for your trouble. Definitely report the showroom.

Anonymous said...

LA-thanks for the advise.I will most definitely do that. I was told since they had to ship all the pants back they had left in inventory that she couldn't put my return back out on the floor to sell, so therefor couldn't take them back. it seemed odd to me? i thought in 2 week period they take the item back as long as with attached tags and receipt which i had. I wouldn't mind a GC since i'd most likely spend asap, lol! i will contact them tomorrow.Yeah...not only do we not get a wide variety at the showroom, the clerks seem to be a little more...ahem...difficult...

Anonymous said...

tried the dance fitness pants on and bought them and although i am not stick thin, 5'6 and 134lbs, thought they look pretty good.. actually amde me look thinner... definately keeping them..

Veronika said...

I got the black and gray striped cool racerback today and I love it :) I also have it in the black and white really teeny stripes. Love the CR tanks! they are the best!