Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Outfit of the Day for Couch to 5K Week 4 Day 2 Workout


I had lots of rest for today's workout. I was supposed to run on Saturday or Sunday but a weekend soccer tournament and my sister's visit delayed my workout until today. I rested yesterday so I had lots of energy for the workout today. The Week 4 workout is 5 min warm up walk, run 3 min, walk 90 sec, run 5 min, walk 2.5 min, repeat twice. I wouldn't say it was easy, and as always I was very conscious of the effort I had to make for the first twenty minutes, but I ended up doing one extra interval to make up for my time off. The five minute intervals didn't seem as endless as the first time I did this workout. I didn't have any soreness during the run at all but my aches and pains seem to come on a few hours later.  The weather was sunny and in the upper 50s/low 60s. My outfit of the day was: my new Ebb and Flow crops (very pleasant to run in, about the same breathability as Wunder Unders, maybe slightly better), a short sleeve Antidote Swiftly tee, a Lavender Gray Ta Ta Tamer, lulu underwear and socks. I was only a little warm during the five minute portions but chilled in the shade. I got to try out my new Yurbuds I bought at the Disney Tinkerbell Half Marathon Expo (my husband volunteered check in on Friday so I got to check it out). They stay much better in my ears and seem to keep out background noise (like leaf blowers) a little better than ipod earbuds. They were $30 + tax. I would have preferred a pink or purple pair but all they had was red in my size. I find the sound a little more bassy than the ipod version and it's not as crisp but you don't really notice that when there is a lot of background noise.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh I wish I would have bought this swiftly!!

wie said...

How dothe ebb and flow crops compared to other luxtreme running crops in terms of compression? I found that luon does not compress enough and make me jiggle more.

What's your training plan after the C25K to prepare for the Seawheeze?

screenshop said...

I'm laughing that your OOTD still has a tag on it!

ojodeazul said...

My brother just sent me information on the Yurbuds, I have the monster sport headphones that I regret paying a fortune for, so those look pretty interesting....

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to try out the ebb and flow crops :) I ordered the indigo ones this morning.

Wee Bri said...

I've been using yurbuds for a couple of years in Seattle (got them because they help shed water a touch better than a naked earbud). Mine might be different than yours, but the silicone covers can be popped off. I took mine off the provided headphones and put them on my spare ipod earbuds (for me it was because I wanted a shorter chord length). I don't want to accidentally encourage you to accidentally ruin yours if they're not the same, but that might be an option for better sound.

pingwana9 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam said...

Make sure that you are stretching enough after your runs.....it'll help with the achey legs.

Anonymous said...

How did the ebb flow crops fit? We're they true to size?

LuluAddict said...

@ Wie - I think the only true area of compression in the Ebb and Flow crops is in the waistband. My sister likes CW-X for compression.

@ Anon 4:33 pm - I think they are TTS.

@ wee bri - I was thinking that the yurbuds looked like you could pop the covers off the ear bud part and put them on my ipod ones. I don't think it matters much when I am outside or in the gym since there is a lot of background noise but I might try it sometime.

Lululunatic said...

I am in cold weather (toronto Ontario Canada), so my OOTD tends to be the same thing, Leotards under a run crop, Tank, Mid layer shirt with hood topped off with a run jacket. My main concern is come marathon time that the weather will be much warmer (25c with humidity on top of it) and that all my run clothes to date are DARK COLOURS. I need to get some light colours to run in for the marathon, so that my skin isn't fried red by the time I cross the finish line, I also hope to have some nice weather to work out in so I get used to running in the heat!

Anonymous said...

Ear-bud recommendation: I have been using the Bose ear-buds for the past 2 years and highly recommend them. They have silicon tips that just nestle in your ear (worn for 12 hours while traveling and no discomfort). They come with three sizes (S, M, and L) of silicon tips so you can custom fit. The newest version (which I don’t have) has volume adjustment on the wire. Sound quality is great. They are a bit pricey but worth the money given I wear for every workout.

Katie said...

E&F Crops...ooooo myyyyyyy goooooodness. Just when I thought this latest batch of lulu had nothing I liked. I tried them on today, bought them, am wearing them now, and MAY never take them off. I think I may convert from WUs forever if they keep making these. Here's a secret...I am NOT the biggest fan of luon. It varies SO much in quality (butter soft to scratchy!) and some of it smells really bad. THESE crops I could fall head over heels in love with! I am between a 4 and 6, so I bought both so that I can always fit them. This is an illness. haha