Sunday, January 29, 2012

Photos of the Latest and Tonight's Shopping Trip


 A photo of the third color in the Yin to You crops - these are Fossil Slub denim. I saw them in the store tonight and they have the same texture as black slub denim. My sister tried on the black slub denim version and I thought they looked super cute on her but she hated the texture of slub denim on her skin and felt it looked like she had "elephant skin." LOL.



I tried on the Tea Lounge Pullover tonight. The fit and look totally reminded of the Rehearsal long sleeve.  It fit snug through the arms and upper chest. In fact, in all these photos you can see wrinkles at the armpits where it's tight across the upper chest. An easy pass for me.





Sooo, now that I've seen the Inkblot Wunder Under pants in person I can't say I like the print that much. It looks a lot more blue in real life than it does in these photos. In the photos it looks much darker, nearly black. I've bought navy lulu pieces before but ended up selling them after a while since I never wore them. I just can't get into navy blue as a workout wear color. I really like solid deep Indigo but it's too light or something in this print. I definitely want to try on the Power Y to be sure because I usually love wild prints but I wasn't loving it when I saw it tonight. Oh yes, I saw the Inkblot headband I posted earlier today and it's a slipless headband.







I saw the Transformation Wrap in the store tonight but didn't try it on since the largest size they had was an eight. I'm not really into lulu wraps that much in the first place and the price is pretty high for what it is so an easy pass for me.






I did not see the new Practice Freely tank tonight but I thought you'd like to see some more photos of it. I definitely want to give it a try but I don't think I will get one since I already have two No Limit tanks.


Lulu Flow and Go Tote - inspired by...
the Skip Hop Diaper Bag?

I saw the Flow and Go Tote tonight. It is a very tall tote and it does remind you a bit of a Skip Hop diaper bag as someone commented on my Facebook page. I know a lot of women like to use lulu gym bags as diaper bags so you might want to check this one out.

Oh yeah, I don't have a photo yet but there are new pants out called the It's Happening Jodhpurs. I saw them in the store tonight. They are tight at the calf and puff out at the thigh - just what I need. I thought they were pretty ugly. As soon as I find a photo I will post.

My sister tried a bunch of stuff on tonight but ended up getting the Ebb and Flow crops (I talked her into them after I took a photo of her rear to show her how good they made it look ;-) ), a Power Y in the Coal Tinted Canvas Print (the Power Y is her favorite tank and pretty much the only tank style she buys), and The Run: Stay on Course Jacket for winter running in Oregon.

18 comments:

Tite Mélan said...

On the second picture, is it lined studio pant????????????????

Anonymous said...

That bag does look like the skip hop, and I sometimes use my skip hop from when my son was a baby as a gym bag. Its a great size when you just want a few things and a pair of gym shoes. The only downside is the skip hop has a lot of velcro closures so if I'm wearing a swiftly or any long sleeve I'm nervous to reach my hand in anywhere! This is a great replacement!

Anonymous said...

Yiulna pullover and transformation wrap look kind of cheap in person. The knit fabric has a rayon sheen and hand that I don't care for. I would rather spend more and get something from James perse in cashmere.

The Tea lounge pullover is super tight in the arms. Love ink blot terry, but had to pass. Would have paid $68, not $88.

The new tote's proportions are really off! If you want a tote bag with outside pockets, try Kate spade's diaper bags. Skip hop works as well but is more 'diaper bag' looking. Oh lulu--yet another huge disappointment!

screenshop said...

luluaddict -
Your editorials are priceless...so funny!

Anonymous said...

Hi LLA. Thank for update!! Did you see the yogi toes inkblt towel in the store?? If so is it blue or black?? I really want it to be black.

Anonymous said...

Did you size up in the ebb & flow crop?

Anonymous said...

The girl in the light grey Tranformation Wrap, what pants is she wearing? Looks like denim but the indigo or black/coal?

Anonymous said...

Has anyone noticed that both the new inkblot and the glaciar ice print has a similar pattern in it? It looks like some new age esoteric symbolism? Just me or am i seeing something? It creeps me out can't buy and couldn't wear it because of this its weird its not random that i am sure of!!!! No one will know what the heck i am talking about so if someone else does know please comment. thanks

Anonymous said...

I'm with anon 6:56, thanks LLA for taking us shopping with you. You really save me time and energy, now I don't have to worry I'm missing out on something I probably wouldn't like anyway! And that goes for all of you other addicts that report back!

Talk about Hardtail...that new pullover is the "Frolic" but without the pocket...I have two of the HT's and love the pocket! (and the colors)

The more I see the inkblot the less flattering it looks. Like all other prints none of the tanks are consistent where the patterns lie and I can't decide whether I would prefer the white portion on the sides with the dark design running down middle, or the reverse, with the white running down the middle? Whatcha think?

Anon 9:14. Even though I don't see what you see, it's stuff like this that keeps generating a crazy mystic about the company. I can't believe this company gets away with so much BS and stays so successful....that's the crazy part! I'm still buying it, although much like another comment from a few posts ago...the honeymoon is definitely over!

Anonymous said...

I just read that the indigo bleeds. I'm not sure what item it was or if it was part of the inkblot, but it does bleed. Here we go again lulu...

Anonymous said...

Anon@ 9:14am.... I see female genitals..... in the inkblot pattern.... not buying for sure ! I just had a look at my glacier lace top.... and I can also see some female genitales there.... not liking it as much now... :(

Anonymous said...

Everytime I see the Transformation wrap I think of a model of a skeleton in the Chiropractor's office. Really $138??? Ugh. Just no.

Cari H said...

I got the WU crops that are posted with the ink blot power y. They have an indigo slub denim in the waistband - I wonder what else will come in this color!

Anonymous said...

In the 6th pic down-- the one with a girl in the tea lounge and a pink or flash crb under and ugg boots-- is that an inkblot bra in the background????

Anonymous said...

inblot looks like vajayjays!

Anonymous said...

LOL SO HARD @ 5:22 am

Dear Lululemon Design Team,

START. OVER.

Anonymous said...

Please no more interns on the design process - at least that's what it 'seams' like! Lets go back to the basics! Pay for the good designers and move forward. Bring back the A Team! UGH How about a little product testing in house first too - why are we paying for product to realize that it is defective?

Danny Riddell said...

I like that grey upper garment with the long sleeves. You can wear it in any season. It is convenient, in a way, since you don't need to buy clothes as the seasons change. Well, it seems you had a wonderful day choosing and buying those lovely clothes.