Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Store Trip Report - Good and Bad

lululemon heathered flash define jacket
I read that my stores got the new Flash and Wild Lime in today so I went to South Coast Plaza to check it out. The photo above is probably the best real life representation of Heathered Flash that I have.  I have to be honest, I hate this color. I thought Paris Pink was obnoxiously bright but this is much worse. It's very neon. It glows. It's very Hot Tube Time Machine, an era I already lived through and am not interested in repeating. If you're younger, maybe you won't have the same reaction but this color reminded me of when I had big hair and dayglo acrylic nails (can you tell I lived in New Jersey for awhile?). I thought the heathered version would be a little mellower than the solid but it seems almost brighter. The heathered flash cool racerback I ordered last night is going back as soon as I get it. One caveat I will make is that if you are a runner or cyclist and want maximum visibility, then Flash is a great color for you. I also really liked Wild Lime and nearly bought the cool racerback but I already have the Heathered Tree Frog CRB.  It's like a deeper, less pastel version of Faded Zap. I might get an Energy bra in Wild Lime to wear under my zipper CRB. I think Flash is best appreciated in small doses - a colorful waistband, a bra, or a pair of Speed shorts but in an entire tank I found it overwhelming.



lululemon stay on course tank in pigment blue and white stripe
lululemon stay on course tank in pigment blue and white stripe
There is a new Pigment Blue and White Stay on Course tank out. I liked this a lot but I just don't gravitate towards navy blues in my workout wear.

lululemon silver spoon striped power y tank
I didn't notice this tank when it was uploaded last night but saw it in the store today. I really liked it and ended up ordering one from the web today. The one I tried on it the store had something odd going on at the neckline and armpits - they were stretched out and gaping. The luon in this power y is super soft - like a heathered Cool Racerback.

lululemon silver spoon striped scoop neck tank
I also saw this new scoop neck, which is very pretty. I seem to be in a Power Y phase now so left this at the store.

20 comments:

brittae@yahoo.com said...

Question: What DO you wear with the navy blue stuff? All my pants are black or gray. I love the blue stuff, but I don't know if it will look cute with my pants.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the heathered flash! Ooh, the brighter the better...lmao! :)

Anonymous said...

Ok....so what does Flash compare to?? Is it close to tango red....alarming....flush...?? the last photo of the "Flash Scuba" looks like it's currant red?? Any photos that could compare the colours?

Anonymous said...

I agree. I loved Paris Pink and I die for Flash!

Shanni said...

@brittae ... the blue isn't really a navy blue...it is far more vibrant and closer to a cobalt. I wear mine with black and it's a really nice, sharp contrast...Alternatively, the tops would also look good with coal bottoms, or, if you are a little more adventurous, any shorts or skirts with pink.

Anonymous said...

I tried on the heathered flash today and almost had to put on sunglasses. Its BRIGHT. Easy pass for me, just like PP.

Anonymous said...

^^the heathered flash define

LuluAddict said...

@ Shanni- you are right, Pigment isn't navyish but more of a royal blue. I guess I don't care for it in striped form, paired with white. I used to have Deep Navy pants which I wore with white, Mac N Cheese yellow and other blue tops but I slowly sold it off since I never wore it.

Cari said...

LLA- how does wild lime compare to heathered tree frog?

Anonymous said...

Did you happen to see the new Bon Bon Scuba?? I ordered it online but now I hope it isnt real bright like that Flash define!!!

yogibabe said...

I ordered the silver spoon wide bold multi stripes in the PY. Am in the Power Y mode too, but I am liking the same color/print in the Scoop Neck. Just have to convince myself to let it pass. But I have been known to get the same color/print in both tanks. the latest being the glacier lace and the ESD. Have to be strong...as I am looking forward to getting the Free To be bra in both wild lime and flash. Have to see how blindingly neon-like the Deep Breath that I ordered in flash. It may be going back. :(

Andrea C. said...

I really dislike stripes in general, so I've pretty much passed on everything that has come out lately :(

I thought I would like flash, but I find its too orange.

I wish they would bring back passion!

Anonymous said...

I don't like Flash, either. I think it may look good on others but it is not for me. I do think that a woman of any age could wear the color, though, you don't have to be super young.

screenshop said...

I also agree this cobalt-type blue looks great with black bottoms.

Anonymous said...

I agree! Flash is insanely bright. I also tried the It's Happening Jacket and it's not happening. Long bulky sleeves, not a flattering piece. So disappointed!

Anonymous said...

I love my flash purchases!!!

Anonymous said...

flash looks so so so flattering in the no limit tank with the dark gray over top!!

Debbie said...

Thanks for your review of the colors. I have the paris pink and haven't worn it once. I thought I was a hot pink girl but maybe I'm not a neon girl. I have heathered tango red and it is my most worn CRB from last year. It is NOT neon-y bright at all. Kind of a muted coral. I might go for wild lime though. Thanks LLA and everybody! I mostly buy online unless I feel like driving an hour and back to a showroom or a store, which are like 5 minutes from each other but far from me. Happy New Year!

LuluAddict said...

I was hoping Flash would be like a brighter, pinker Flush or Persimmon but it was just too bright for me.

@ Cari - one reason I didn't get the Wild Lime CRB was that I already have the Heathered Tree Frog CRB and felt it would be too similar. I think Wild Lime is brighter than HTF. However, I think a Wild Lime bra peeping out from under my black, coal, purple/bold blue/wish blue tanks would be fun.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos of the colours....I love the reds...I regret passing on the currant scuba and crb. I also love the tango red and have a sunset tank in it. As for the flash...I think it looks a little too pinkish for me to take the gamble and buy it online....