Thursday, February 2, 2012

Outfit of the Day Couch to 5K Week 4 Day 3 Workout

Today was my last day of the Couch to 5K Week 4 Workout. I wore my new Rocksteady Swiftly LS a friend picked up for me at the Chicago Warehouse sale, a Rocksteady Ta Ta Tamer, Ebb and Flow Crops, and a Sprinkler Ikat headband for something fun. My kids have infected me with their cold germs so I didn't enjoy this run very much but I got through it. I am hoping that by exercising and raising my body temp I've killed off this cold. Whenever I feel a cold coming on a good spin session seems to beat it back and people have told me it's due to raising your core temp. Not sure if that is true but I rarely get colds anymore. I am feeling much better this evening than I did earlier so I hope it worked. If I am feeling good enough tomorrow, I'll spin and put the nail in the coffin to this cold.

The next week's C25K workout will be very challenging: Day 1- 5 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min walk; Day 2 - 8 min run, 5 min walk, 8 min run; Day 3 - run 20 minutes. I don't know if I am up to ramping up the running to 8 minutes and then to 20 minutes but I guess I'll find out. I didn't tack on any extra minutes today and my knee and hamstrings thank me tonight. I have hardly any soreness at all. I guess that will teach me to push too hard. 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you need more ta ta tamers!

screenshop said...

The ikat headband really makes that outfit great!

houndlvr67 said...

I'm glad you like the Swiftly ;-)-gorgeous saturated color!

Anonymous said...

Interesting about the cold thing...I find that if I workout when I feel one coming on, rather than rest, that it knocks me down faster. I *wish* working out would help me avoid sickness!!

Anonymous said...

How did your ebb and flow crops perform on your run? I just bought these and plan on using them for yoga and hadn't even considered them for running!

RunItMyWay said...

You can definitely do the running, don't let you talk yourself into thinking you can't do it! I promise it sounds much scarier than it actually is. Just do the running at an easy pace, and if you find yourself struggling, slow the run into an easy jog. If you can't talk while you're running, you're probably running too fast. You can do this!!

Fetsywetsy said...

I adore Rocksteady. I'm jealous of your Swiftly LS. ;)

Olivia said...

I have that headband too! It was the first lulu I ever bought myself (besides a bag on markdown several years ago). It's sooo comfy.

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 2:46 am - I know! I only have two but they haven't come out with any in cute colors. I would like at least one more, if not two.

@ anon 6:13 am - I have totally found that to be true about working up a good sweat when I feel a cold coming on. It has to be a fairly strenuous workout but it always seems to work for me.

@ anon 6:49 am - I really like the Ebb and FLow for running, better than Wunder Unders because I think they are a touch cooler. They stay in place nicely.

Cari said...

I adore this outfit. Rocksteady was one of my favorite blues and the headband totally jazzes up the outfit. :)

Anonymous said...

you can never have too many bras! yes, lulu needs new cute ta ta tamer colors!