Monday, February 27, 2012

Outfit of the Day for the Gym

I decided to skip spin class this morning and do some weight lifting. I've read that strengthening my legs will help with ITB and shin splints. I've slacked off on weights for months now so time to get back into it. My outfit of the day today is my new Deep Indigo denim Wunder Unders paired with a Flash No Limit tank and a Passion Space Dye headband. I wanted a longer tank so I could cover the visible crotch seam on these WUs. The No Limit will also help camouflage the muffin top these WUs give me. I am a little bummed at how tender this Wunder Under color is. I love, love, love the color but I already have some pilling between the legs after wearing them last night out to dinner and around the house. I also noticed two three four snags/loose threads on the the left leg. I think one of you wrote you had the same issue. Bummer. I have never returned something to lulu but this maybe my first. I'll see how they look after I wear them to the gym. I can forgive a snag or two but four?

Update - After posting a message on my lulu boards, people haven't reported much major snagging. Since they are all on my left leg I am thinking I am snagging them on my Polar watch and wedding rings.

10 comments:

StaciStaci said...

I have these and LOVE them. So far 4 guys have told me they like my pants. Maybe its the visible seam? LOL. Anyway, I have a kitty too and he's caused a couple of snags. boo. it doesn't matter. I love them enough to ignore their flaws.

LuluAddict said...

@STaciSTaci - I know they are gorgeous. I hope no more threads pop out because then it will start detracting from their look. I am willing to live with tender lulu but not falling apart lulu.

Anonymous said...

LuluA, is that an OLD Flash NL? I remember the first few runs of the NL and a coral color coming out which I missed, wondering if that is the tank from the first couple of NL runs? Hoping for a solid bright color of NL soon, ultrav or dazzled or something punchy!

Anonymous said...

Hey - any updates on the condition of your ebb and flow crops? Have they held out? I have a pair with tags still on, considering returning them based on reports... but also really like them. Also have a discovery stripe CRB that I'm worried about wearing. Any confirmation that those do bleed, or are they safe?

(errr... now also realizing it's insane that I'm not just returning this stuff or NOT BUYING LULULEMON AT ALL when there are such basic quality concerns... but there is so little else out there!)

Anonymous said...

Wait, that's a "flush" no limit, right? Good idea about weight lifting. For me shoes made a huge difference too. I always got shin splints until I found the right shoes that worked for me.
I don't know, if it were me I'd take the WU back, before it is too late. If after 1 wearing you have 4 snags it can only get worse.

Anonymous said...

What a bummer about your WUs!! I would take them back. I would imagine you aren't the only person having these issues. I am glad I didn't buy them. Whew. I really wanted a pair; not so much now. It seems as though Lulu is having tremendous quality issues. Is it manufacturing and/or design? What a shame!

I haven't really tried any of Lulu's headbands. After reading your blog for a few months now, I really want to try a few. They pull your outfits together so nicely. CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!

Alli said...

I have had ITB issues on and off for the past 7 years, and just last year a friend of mine told me that he was having ITB issues and his physio told him cycling wasn't helping his cause. Something to think about.

PCS said...

I noticed a snag on my denim Wunder under crops before I even wore them. Took them in & exchanged even though tags were off. So far no snags on this pair. I had bought the pants too but returned those after I realized they are so delicate. I got the black denim pants & they are awesome ... No issues.

Pink Peony 4 said...

Lulu gives you 14 days to return. I think ebb and flow has been out longer than that. Did you just buy them? Btw I love mine. They are forgiving ( stretchy but supportive) and not shiny. Mine is in indigo.

Anonymous said...

I bought the reversible WU with black on one side and the Wee Are From Space on the other--but I haven't worn them yet. I hope they don't snag easily. I haven't figured out what to wear with the Wee are From Space side yet other than a plain black CRB. I need to be more creative than this.