Saturday, February 25, 2012

Outfit of the Day for Spin Class: Dance Twisted Tank with Ebb and Flow Crops

I decided to pull an oldie but goodie out of my closet for Friday's spin class - the Dance: Twisted Tank in the Crystal Pink/Bon Bon Fatbird Floral print. I also have this same tank in black. The Dance: Twisted is one of my favorite hot weather tanks. It's made of luxtreme and one of the few skinny strap tanks that accommodates bustier women. I layered a Pink Mist Energy bra underneath for a little more support and coverage for class. It's a little longer which I wanted since I also wore Ebb and Flow crops and was concerned about potential sheerness issues. I love this tank but I was less thrilled about how the Ebb and Flows felt as class progressed. I really like the Ebb and Flow crops but the knit fabric kind of bit into my sit bone area as class progressed. As perspiration became more of an issue, the fabric started becoming more abrasive in the areas where I contacted the seat. It wasn't awful but the Ebb and Flows don't feel as nice as wearing luon or luxtreme bottoms to spin. I won't be using them for spin again.


6 comments:

Fetsywetsy said...

I love the fatbird print! I'm so sad that I made it into the Lulu obsession so late in the game. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes peeled on ebay. :) Thanks for the busty info on the twisted tank, that's so helpful!

screenshop said...

This is what I worried about with the ebb and flow crops when I tried them on at lulu. The butt just seemed to dig at a point or two, and I wondered about the longterm comfort (also wondered if it was because I don't have a lot of natural padding!). Sorry to hear that luluaddict, but I'm not suprised.

And that outfit is DARLING.

Anonymous said...

If spin class if a regular thing, divert from Lulu and purchase a real pair of cycling shorts. Your derriere will thank you.

LuluAddict said...

I've been spinning for four or five years in lululemon in luxtreme and luon bottoms and they work fine. It's the knit weave of the Ebb and Flows when pressed into my sit bones that was the problem - it's just not smooth enough. My spin class is only an hour long, with lot of standing so padded cycling shorts are overkill for me.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that print and that tank! I wish they'd bring something like that or the Arya dance tank back with all these previous designs re-emerging lately.

I've also been spinning regularly for years in luon/ luxtreme crops and have never had any saddle soreness issues (aside from when just starting out).

Yokie said...

Actually, I loved the Ebb and Flow Crops for spin class. I found them much more comfortable in the seat/gusset area than my Run Inspire II Crops. But I must admit I have a lot of natural padding so different strokes for different folks.