Thursday, February 2, 2012

Today's Shopping Trip

Today I went to try on the new Inkblot Cool Racerback and Power Y. I liked them both but was having a hard time choosing which to get. The Inkblot print is one I'd enjoy more as a casual top rather than a workout top so I think I am going to order the Every Yogi tank in the print. People who have received theirs say the fit is similar to the Modern Racer tank and to order your normal CRB size. I also tried on the Deep Indigo Groove pants and I thought the luon felt like old luon - brushed cotton with the right thickness. The color reminded me a lot of Deep Navy. I used to own several Deep Navy bottoms but ended up selling all my DN since I stopping wearing it. My store did not get the Deep Indigo/White denim Wunder Unders. I love them in every photo I have seen of them. I saw the Yin Me Sweater but it was $98 so I didn't even bother to try it on. That's just too much for me to spend on a lulu sweater.

I tried on a braided headband but it rolled right off the back of my head so that headband style isn't going to work for me.

I ended up leaving the store with the Paris Pink Swiftly Racerback. All but one of my Swiftly tops are the old, Israeli made swiftlys with lycra in them so I've been a little leary to try the new versions made in Sri Lanka. However, I didn't find too much of a difference in feel, fit, and performance in the Rocksteady Swiftly I wore this morning from my older versions so I decided to get the Paris Pink tank today. I can wear a Swifty tank for both running and spin so it made a sensible, versatile choice for me today. I liked the Inkblot Power Y a lot but to be able to run it in, I'd have to wear a Ta Ta Tamer underneath and I don't think that would feel very good (way too constricting) or look good unless lulu is coming out with a Deep Indigo TTT. I am hoping lulu comes out with their spring run tops soon.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if that PP swiftly will bleed on you...I remember seeing the PP swiftly LS in the store and couldn't even bring myself to try it on - there was so much dye in it, just looking at it might have given me cancer.

Anonymous said...

@LLA: Are you still loving your Ebb & Flow Crops for running? Would you know the fabric composition of these, and how it compares to luon? Also curious to hear how they compare with luxtreme crops, particularly regarding compression. TIA and love your blog--it is such a huge help especially to those of us who live hours from an actual store. Thanks again, cheers!

yogibabe said...

@LLA-Did you see the inkblot Scuba? Any idea if it is as soft as our tinted canvas and snowy owl? Just curious but I probably won't get it as it looks so overwhelming on a large surface area of the Scuba. I did buy the Power Y and Yin to You crop in inkblot though. Not wearing it together, unless I feel especially rebellious! Small installments of this print is exciting. :)

Anonymous said...

The Inkblot Scuba is stiff and I would be afraid it would bleed. I don't find $98. to much for the Yin Pullover you can wear it with jeans as well as with yoga clothes. It looks better than the Defines and InStrides for wearing casually, doesn't look like you are going to the gym.

LuluAddict said...

@ yogibabe - The inkblot scuba was not at my store. SoCal is hit or miss for scuba releases and we didn't get any of the print scubas other than the creekside camo one. @ anon

@ anon 5:39 am - I am afraid it will bleed, too, so I am planning to wash it before my first wearing and only pair with black.

Cari said...

@LuluAddict. I had the same problem with the inkblot print- I could not decide between the power Y and the CRB. I ended up buying both, but I think I am going to end up taking the Power Y back and keeping the CRB. For some reason lately I have been loving my CRB's more for pilates than my power Y's.

Anonymous said...

Do any of you find that the Swiftly racerback runs a lot looser than the longsleeve version? My size 6 long sleeve swiftlys fit very close to my body, but a 6 swiftly racerback was quite loose an dipped low in the front. Which I think will probably be great for running in the Texas summer, but wearing it to my bootcamp workout this morning, I felt like I was kind of revealing too much. Just wonder if maybe mine was a fluke or that I should just size down in the racerback next time.

Martha@ runninginmommyland said...

I bought the long and short sleeve Paris pink swiftlys and I washed them together, but without anything else in the machine. They haven't bled at all. I also washed my switch back alone., but I haven't worn it yet... Hoping it's ok because I love it!

yogabody said...

anon 10:32--yes, they are running large and the educators mentioned they stretch out when they get wet. I sized down.

yogabody said...

I bought the inkblot mat bag yesterday. LOVE it and it works well with almost everything! Has anyone experienced any color transfer from any of the bags?
Thanks!