Friday, February 24, 2012

Tonight's Shopping Trip, Part 1 - Ride On Henley



I think the Ride On Henley is most appropriate as a to/fro/warmup or a lounge top. It would also be an awesome maternity top. I'm not sure why it is positioned in the bike line. It's made of running luon. The fit is very similar to the Tea Lounge pullover or Rehearsal Long Sleeve - snug though the shoulders/upper arms, armpits and extremely loose elsewhere. It comes in Heathered Dazzling, Black, and White. It has thumbholes but no cuffins. There is a little bit of circle mesh under the armpit. I would truly love this top if it were slightly less A-line or even a tunic shape. However, I will keep my eye on it. It is very appealing as a lounge top to wear with Wunder Unders or french terry pants like the Tea Lounge Pant.

9 comments:

houndlvr67 said...

It looks like something a man would wear if he could get pregnant!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Thanks so much for the pics and updates. I'm really excited for the next upload now.

Anonymous said...

You can buy the same thing at Old Navy and save yourself $80. Fail.

Anonymous said...

I like the color but think the buttons make it look really cheap.

Anonymous said...

I really cant believe they are marketing this for cycling. Like you mentioned in the post- lounging but I would never ride in something like this. The color is nice though.

Anonymous said...

It isnt awful but it's not something that I would ever pay more than $25 for it. Because like someone else pointed out you can buy the something similar for much cheaper elsewhere even if it's a cheaper fabric. I know that lulu lasts and that's how people justify the price but I've had workout pants and tanks from old navy, American eagle and garage that are still in good condition 5 years later probably because I wash in cold water and hang dry most of my clothes.

Anonymous said...

I think it is awful. It should be called the "Ride On Tent". I have a small waist and long torso, but muscular arms and wide shoulders and a big ribcage. This top would be so unflattering on me. It would accentuate the things I don't like and hide what I do like about me. Besides that, in my opinion it is just plain ugly.

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 9:00 am - Yeah, I don't get the tent shape at all unless you are marketing to pregnant women. I love tunic length tops, like Athleta carries but the tent shape is so unflattering. Is it because it's easier to design a tent top than a tunic?

Anonymous said...

I ignored the henley until it landed on MD for $60. Now I'm thinking about it, even though I'd have to size down (they don't have my normal size) and it squeezes the C-girls. But it's soooo soft and I love those button sleeves. Do I need something I could only lounge in? No. Am I ever going to get preggers? Nope. Don't know why....but I still am considering it. Maybe it's the seductive rulu. But there are tons on the MD rack, so I have time to decide.