Thursday, March 1, 2012

Today's Shopping Trip


My store got the new Run: For All Singlets in in Dazzling and Black. I think it's a nice running singlet and especially good for busty women. The chest is very, very roomy. I had a hard time deciding whether to size down in this or not. The bust and armpits fit a little better when I sized down but then the hips were snugger than I liked. I think the Dazzling ran larger than the Black. I ended up not getting it, primarily because of the color choice. If it came in Ultraviolet I definitely would have bought one. There is no drawcord at the bottom, nor an ipod/key pocket. I hope it's coming in other pretty colors. I think I would love this for spin and running.

I ended up getting the X-long Cool Racerback in the Coal Fossil Wee Are From Space Print. I was hoping to try on the Multicolored version of this tank but neither store I went to had it. I don't have any x-long CRBs yet and as you know I am a sucker for prints in grays and blacks.  This is one of the rare tanks made in Canada, which also factored in my decision to get it.

I also tried on the Swiftly tank in Ultraviolet and Dazzling and was very tempted by the Ultraviolet. I hope to see more tanks in Ultraviolet.

I tried on the heathered Dazzing Cool Racerback. I found it fit snugger than normal. I liked it but didn't love it.

I tried on the ribbed Cool Racerback in the black/grayish color. I loved the color but I didn't like the feel of the material at all. It wasn't as soft or stretchy as a regular CRB. I thought it ran TTS.

I tried on the Debut tank but it's definitely not for me - not enough coverage and support. I love this color, though.

I went to Fashion Island and Irvine. Both stores got the Ebb and Flow crops in the Dark Classic Sport Gray (tried them on but they are too light for me) and a restocking of the black. FI had the new Run: For All Singlet but Irvine did not. Both stores had the new extra long and Heathered Dazzling Cool Racerbacks. Irvine had a single Paris Pink Pack and Go Pullover in size 8. It must have been a return. Both stores had good markdown racks. FI had a lot of run crops on markdown.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally a Lulu singlet that actually looks like a singlet so I don't have to wear my *gasp* Nike singlet with my Lulu shorts.

LuluAddict said...

It's nice and simple (for a change!) with the cute pleat detail in the back that gives you great movement when you move your arms. It's a really nice top.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! I was going to go to Irvine tonight but will go to FI instead.

Anonymous said...

Bummer it's not racerback. Have to try it but most of those loose tank styles just slip too much for me while I am running.

yogibabe said...

Just received my Ebb&Flow crop in grey and the E&F tank in lavender dusk. I just love both of them and the tank is a nice change from the Power Ys that I have a whole collection of! I call it my "refined" version of the Power Y. :) It gives me good support but mind you, I am a 32A. Wearing them both for yoga this evening. Here's hoping for more colors in Ebb&Flows! Perhaps the dazzling and UV. That will be pretty!!! But I will be getting all colors, no matter what it is. ;)

Anonymous said...

Was the debut tank anything like the power technique? The styles andvfitvseem similar in pictures.

Anonymous said...

Wish the store here had lots of run crops on markdown. The sale rack had one lonely pair of running tights yesterday...not sure which ones they were because it's too late in the season for me to buy tights.

If I can't find something on sale in my store, that's pretty much the only chance I get for getting anything on sale. I have nearly given up on the WMTM section of the Lululemon website. It's such a joke. Those same Work It Out pants have been on there for months, as have the same couple of CRBs in patterns no one wants. And those godforsaken harem pants. Ugh.

MonkeyGirl said...

LLA, you had a lot more luck than me. I went to one of my local stores, and they had very low stock. No singlets, no ebb & Flows, no swiftly tanks. The sale rack had almost nothing on it, and I tried to buy running crops but they had nothing in my size. The good news, was I realize that I really like the Run Chase Me crops, and came home and ordered my size online. I also realized not as big a fan of dazzling as I thought I'd be. They had the dazzling heathered CRB, but I didn't care for it all that much. Had a return. I actually wanted to exchange and get something else, but there was nothing for me to get. I was offered a gift card, but when I asked why I couldn't get a return of the money to my card I was told, I could- no problem. It was odd. Maybe they try to get you to accept a gift card first. Completely pleasant educator, but I have never had just a smooth return.

I also accepted that lulu bras just do not fit me.

Anonymous said...

hi - any explanation as to why the debut tank is not for you? thanks.

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 7:14 pm - I should have written - I am too busty for it.

@ anon 4:24 pm - It's isn't like the Power Technique at all - much less coverage, lower support. Not made to accommodate busty women. However, if you are not busty, I think it's a great tank for low impact activities.

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 4:01 pm - I usually have issues with the straps slipping down my arms, too, since lulu seems to make tanks for people with wider shoulders but the straps on this tank was set perfectly - more towards your neck. I didn't think I would have an issue with sliding straps at all.

Anonymous said...

I do not understand the $58 price tag on the singlet. To me the construction is just plane ugly. I could not justify that purchase especially since it has no special features or feminine detailing.