Saturday, April 14, 2012

Photos of the Latest & Quickie Store Trip Report


Photos of the Menthol Cool Racerback. It's still only in Australia right now.

A rare photo of a Porcelaine blue Swiftly LS. It also comes in a short sleeve. I can't wait for more tops in this color.

This is from an Australian store - Spirit Tight with Rose Quartz.


New Gather and Crow crops in the April Wee Are From Space print. Shown with a Flash Power Y.

New Blurred Blossom print in the Tall Reverse Groove Shorts. Lulu finally provided the correct photo for this product, showing the true length. I consider these my short crops instead of long shorts. They hit me about the same spot on my leg and I am 5'5".

The Concord Grape SE Swiftly and matching Run In the Sun crops.



More Free Fall Crop photos.

I didn't really like the Post Bliss Tee that much until I saw this photo. I really like it layered over a print. Shown with the Daily Tank and Post Power Crop.


I really like the Post Power crop in the top photo. It's shown with the Meditate Pullover.

I like this combo - Play in the Sun shorts with a fossil wee space Power Y.

The three colors in the jacquard mesh cool racerbacks.

Quickie Store Trip Report: We spent all day at Magic Mountain yesterday but stopped in Pasadena for dinner. I was able to visit the lulu store and they have a nice markdown rack. They had Apres Practice Anoraks marked down to $99 which made them much more attractive but I restrained myself. They also had a couple short sleeve and long sleeve swiftlys in Dazzling and Lavender Dusk for $39 for the short sleeve and $44 for the long sleeve. I would have picked up a long sleeve in a heartbeat but they only had a couple in size 8. I ended up getting a Dazzling SS swiftly, though. I've been eyeing that color but figured I didn't really need a sixth one but the decent sale clinched it for me.

I bought a pair of Ultimate Padded Run socks last week and wore them today to run in. Since the weather was awful I ran at the gym and I can't say I really liked these socks much. My feet got super sweaty and then seemed to slip around a lot in the socks. They were almost too padded. I usually wear lulu Featherlight socks or one of their slightly padded run socks (maybe the ultimate run sock?) and have no problems at all. Granted I get super, super sweaty running on a treadmill at the gym but I ran in the gym on Wednesday and had no sock issues. I'm only up to running 5K and people have told me I'll appreciate a padded sock once I hit longer distances. I'll have to do some running sock research.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love love love the run socks from Thorlo. I got them from Nordstrom and they are about $15 a pair.

Sam said...

I have wide feet and find the Ultimate Padded socks great! Granted, I've only ever worn them in the cooler temps, I wouldn't wear them in mid July or anything! They'd be WAY to hot for that!

Anonymous said...

I love wool socks, I get the Smartwool ones, they have great temperature regulation and don't feel wet even if they get wet.

Anonymous said...

Smartwool rocks.

RunItMyWay said...

Another vote for Smartwool! They cost a little extra, but they're worth it. They're by far my favourite running socks.

Anonymous said...

Experia by Thorlo are awesome. I am a distance runner and I haven't had an issue or holes yet, and some of my pairs are 4 yrs old now.

Anonymous said...

The heathering on the Menthol makes it look much more blue, and too similar to Aquamarine. Why is Lulu so against more variety in their colors?? Everything looks the same.

curvehappens said...

I can't remember if it was the post bliss top in white that I saw yesterday in the store or possibly another solid sheer white top (I don't think it was the full expression...weren't they marked down a while back?) but it was pilled all over! I don't know if it was intentionally part of the look or if it just got rubbed against too many times but it was on the hanger with the rest of them!

Kristin said...

I'm an asics sock lover!!! I wear the Asics Hera!! I'm in very humid weather, Fl, and they keep my feet dry & blister free!!! Love em! They last forever.......

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the padded socks are way better for outdoor runs in winter. I prefer the No Show Ultimate when it gets warm and for the gym.

Beth

Anonymous said...

Regarding the heathered menthol crb...why does lulu keep producing heathered colors when we all keep asking for solids?? Hmmm perhaps it has something to do with their solids bleeding?

Katie said...

Socks- Feetures are amazing! I am a distance runner and have searched high and low for the perfect sock. I love the elite ultra light low cut.

Anonymous said...

Katie, I 2nd that!

Feetures ultra light, no show socks = HEAVEN, even for marathons... one of the few socks I love! Comes in S/M/L for women's sizes... Double love!

Anonymous said...

For walking around town in my vans or pumas, I am a big fan of the lulu ultimate padded socks. A lot of other socks are too thin or slip under my heel throughout the day - but I don't run in them. I swear by smartwool for hiking and winter use though!

KS said...

I agree with Anon earlier who said this heathered menthol looks too similar to aquamarine. It looks just a shade or 2 darker. I wish it was more green. Oh well, this will be a money saver! I'm guessing these won't show up for a few weeks yet anyway. The jaquard mesh CRBs were in Australia pretty much a month before we got them.

Anonymous said...

I wear the lulu running sock for every run summer and winter. I have a few other brands in my arsenal but never wear anything but lulu for long runs. They are the only socks I've found that have 100% prevented blisters on my long runs. Everyone's feet are different though

Anonymous said...

What the tank color shown with the blue/purple free fall crops? Some sort of blue space dye?

Anonymous said...

i vote for smart wool. great for running, not too warm. so breathable. easily washable.

my local lulu hemmed the special edition wunder under pants, the ones with the seam down the back, and they look great as crops. they also priced them at the same price as regular wunder under crops. has anyone else seen that?

Anonymous said...

Dear Lulu Gods,
Menthol is so similar to Angel Blue, Aruba, Toothpaste and Aquamarine and all came out in the last 1 year. Please introduce new shades that Lulu has not come up with. Surprise us! And please reduce on the heathered. I, for one do not own a single heathered CRB and will hold out until a good solid color comes out.

Clare said...

I love all the photos and updates you put on this site. It's so helpful! Of course, it makes me want to buy more Lulu stuff!

Anonymous said...

There is one photo there that I'm totally jealous of! Does anyone else see that giant rack of Lulu stuff in the background (tags are on!) with the Gather and Crow crops? Living the life!

Anonymous said...

Lucy socks are amazing. I've tried so many different brands and these never slip down or feel uncomfortable. I just tried their sports bras too. I'm a 36D and Lulu's bras just aren't made for the bigger "girls". Lucy's bras looked so much nicer under the lulu CRB than lulu's bras...go figure!

LuluAddict said...

Ooh! Thanks for all the sock recommedations! I will check into these.