Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Store Trip Report

view of the interior of the built in bra in the Chaturanga

I tried on the Chaturanga tank tonight and was very tempted to get it. The only things that held me back were that I haven't been doing much besides running lately so I wouldn't get too much wear out of it and the fact that I splurged on the Power Class tee Monday night. I thought the support on the Chaturanga was fantastic. I jogged a little in the store and it almost felt like I could run in it but I don't want to punish my girls like that. All four of the straps are reinforced with a strip of elastic inside them (similar to the Push UR Limit tank) so they aren't super stretchy like a luxtreme-only strap would be. The bra portion fit on the snug side but I liked how supportive it felt. Hmm, I just read that the bra is kind of like a deep V on the inside (see the second photo). No wonder it felt so supportive. The jacquard mesh back felt cool and I always am a sucker for luxtreme tanks anyway. The tummy portion was not too tight. All in all, a great tank and one you should consider if you'd like more support.


I also tried on the Power Class tee. I wanted to make sure I ordered the right size and color. I sized down on it and it was the right call. I ordered the Fossil but I also tried on the Concord Grape. I definitely prefer the Fossil for me. I also tried on a size eight, two sizes down, since the top part is so big, but it fit much too tight at the bottom and made the top drape oddly. I need to play with it once it gets here - I want to see how my Energy and Free to Be bras look underneath but based on how it looked in the store it's a keeper. I think it will make a great coverup for after the gym or a good top to wear on hot summer days.

I also tried on the Dune Studio pant. These are lined. I really liked the color but I think I would prefer them in a crop for my climate.

Finally, I wore my Flash Swiftly headband to run in at the gym today (finally hit the elusive 5K distance!) and it bled all over my face. I did not wash it ahead of time but I was kind of surprised it bled since my Paris Swiftly tank (which I also wore today with no problems) hasn't bled. I thought the Swiftly fabric wasn't an issue in the bright colors but it looks like Flash might be. Just wanted to warn you.

15 comments:

KS said...

Was it true to size? I have been wanting some in rose quartz but haven't found quite the right tank yet. I considered a stuff your bra, but reviews online vary between sizing up and staying TTS and I'm not near a store to try on.

Anonymous said...

Flash is still bleeding. what the fudge! Man lulu needs to get it together.!

Anonymous said...

I bought a PP swiftly a couple of months ago--I had to wash it several times before it stopped bleeding. I think it's good now. But I was shocked to see how much it bled. Wasn't expecting that from a swiftly.

Bridget said...

I prewashed my Flash Swiftly headband tonight in a clear glass and it only bled very slightly. So we'll see how it goes on first wear.

Anonymous said...

Maybe there's a bad batch?? I wore my flash Swiftly headband w/o pre-washing for a 1-hr run and it didn't bleed at all. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

I don't have a store near me to try this stuff on but my gym is having a trunk show next week. Have you ever been to one before? I'm wondering if I need to get there early because they have limited sizes? Hoping they have the power class tee to try on in my size.

Anonymous said...

will the ss rose quartz swiftly also come in sleevless like a flash? :)

Anonymous said...

About the Flash Headband... I also got one and since I bought it after just being at the yoga studio I did wash it before wearing it. I was scared it would bleed all over the lulu items I was going to wash so I just hand washed it in the sink. It did not bleed in the water (but its glow turned the white sink pale flash!) and then I just hung it dry. I wore it the other day during hot yoga and I was majorly sweaty. I sweat mostly from my head and I had no bleeding problems. I hope this is helpful!!!

Anonymous said...

KS- I normally wear an 8 in my CRBs and could even size down to a 6; but I bought the rose quartz stuff your bra tank in a 10 and it fit like a snug 8! I wear a 34D, if that helps.

Anonymous said...

The headband is also a shade darker than the swiftlys that came out a couple months also in flash. I wore it once for lifting weights and had no problem but I didn't sweat that much. To be on the safe side, I am washing it now.

As for the truck show, don't be surprised if it is just core items such as CRBs, groove pants/crops, switflys, etc.

Anonymous said...

Tried on the chaturanga. It was TTS. Didn't buy it, though. Not different enough from my other black tanks.

Anonymous said...

Power Class tee is SO cute on, and I love how it has these little straps to attach it to your bra if you want to stay modest in the front while doing yoga etc :)

Anonymous said...

ugh, Lulu does treat their customers like dirt. Arrogance is the perfect word. However I continue to buy because of the high resell value of the items and the free shipping. I live in Iowa and there is ***nothing*** around here, so the free shipping comes in handy when I want one item. I'm very thankful for informative websites like LLA and Lulu Mum, I've only had to return one item in the past year. Also, most of my wardrobe is currently Paris Pink and Flash and I've had zero issues with bleeding. I don't even pre-soak. I'm just waiting for the day.....

Anonymous said...

I tried on the Chaturanga tank, and I loved how supportive it felt. I didn't just adore the higher neckline on me, but it wasn't objectionable. Love the zippered pocket on the back. Love the feel of the material.

The only reason I didn't go home with one was the colors. The Rose Quartz looks awful on me, and I don't need a black tank right now. I would have bought the Concord but for the two-tone effect, which ruins it as far as I'm concerned.

Lulu, make this tank in a pretty color. ONE solid pretty color!

LuluAddict said...

I ran in my flash headband and it got totally wet. I washed in the laundry with a color catcher sheet and that didn't turn pink so I think it might have just been excess dye. I'll give it another try.

I would think the Rose Quartz SE Swiftly would come in the tank version but I don't think I've seen photos of that yet.

High resale also keeps me buying but I definitely consider carefully what I get these days. I've stayed away from Flash and Paris except for a couple of items.

I went to one trunk show years ago. They did have a lot of basics but they also brought some of the latest things. The size range is definitely limited,though, and I think it will tailored to whatever the activity your studio does. Mine was at a Pilates studio so it was a lot of Groove pants, crops, Power Ys and workout wear.