Monday, June 18, 2012

New Cycling Line is Here - Presta

The new cycling line - Presta "Shirket", Skirt, and Jerseys
Preseta Shirket
Padded Short
Now you're talking! Ray is an excellent color for cycling clothing.

The Presta Jacket, aka Shirket, is a jacket/shirt. It looks interesting though quite pricey. I'll have to check it out in the store. The skirt, shown in the second photo, has no under shorts so the $68 price tag seems excessive for an overlayer. I like that the padded shorts don't have the obvious diaper butt look that cycling shorts do. However, lulu has been skimpy with the padding in past version so I'm curious to see these. I am glad to finally see bold color and print in the cycling line. Previous versions of the jerseys have been solid pale pink, gray, white, or black. (Thanks to Michelle for the in-store photos.)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks better than that weird Ride On line from a few months ago...

Does anyone have any idea what's going to be uploaded tonight? I want some new crops.

Katie said...

"ray" is a color Pearl Izumi has been using forever, and it is in fact an excellent cycling color. Polka dots are popular among cyclists too as the polka dot jersey (in red polka dots) is awarded to the best climber in pro cycling races like the tour de France. This looks more promising than any cycling stuff I've seen from lulu. If he skirt is unlined and has no shorts under it then it is probably meant to go over your chamois shorts for fun. If it has built in non padded shorts then it belongs in a run line cuz that's just silly.

seattlite said...

aaah i want that Ray cycling jacket, and I don't cycle!! I'm sure it runs well up here in the rainy PNW, right? ;)
NOW we're getting somewhere!

Minda said...

Love the ray jacket!!!

LuluAddict said...

@ Katie - I agree. It's the best-looking cycling line they've put out yet.

I would have thought they'd make a skirt with built-in padded shorts. Other companies do. $68 is steep for a pure over layer skirt.

@ seattlite - I kind of want it, too.

Jess said...

I've been wearing the ride on crops in denim nearly everyday! They are perfect for busy moms. Love the cuff and buttons. That said, they probably will never be worn on a bike.

Anonymous said...

I saw some metallic silver speed shorts in a strategic partner store today. Super cute but I could see the material being a little uncomfortable. They were made of swift I think.

Anonymous said...

What size do the tops come in? Probably a disappointing 2-10 :-(

Pink Peony 4 said...

Safe with me. The closest I can get to buying the cycling gear is the padded shorts for gym cycling class. If this is what's on the upload my money stays in the bank. For once...

SeeAlliRun said...

They named their cycling line after a valve? So lame! Lululemon needs to leave cycling gear to the big boys, their attempt at team wear was an epic fail.

MB said...

I want to know more about the white zip up vest!

Anonymous said...

I disagree