Saturday, June 2, 2012

Today's Shopping Trip

I was hoping to see the new Ray tops at the store today but they weren't there yet. I ended up buying (commence eating crow now) the Blush Quartz High Noon Dot Cool Racerback. I really liked it on and thought it would be a fun top for running. I need to figure out what headband to pair with it. I'm thinking plain black for now since I don't want to look like Doris Day. My store also got in this cute Blush Quartz Define jacket with the High Noon Dot collar. I was tempted but I have enough Defines.

 I tried on the Seaside Dot print Diversity tank but did not like the bigger pattern on me. I thought the Diversity tank was comfy but it would be a totally casual/lounge tank for me. I also don't like the fact that the bottom hem is unfinished. I tried on the Flash Light Power Y and liked the color a lot - it will look great with a tan - but I have my flash/dune wee stripe CRB and I don't need another tank in Flash.

front
back

mesh side panel

front - the pattern isn't symmetrical - boo

side panel, showing the ruffle
Fashion Island was just putting these new crops out. I really, really liked them. For a change, they go up to a twelve and the side panel makes them super comfy. They come in Flash/dot print, Lilac (I can't remember if those were dotted or not), and solid black. I would seriously think about getting them but I am only going to use crops of this length (mid-calf) in the winter months. I want bike length shorts for summer. South Coast Plaza had these, too.

My store had the new Swiftly headbands in Ray and Lilac but I passed on them. Ray is so bright I think I am going to pass on it. Neither store had the new Ray or Power Purple Wunder Unders. Fashion Island also got in the new Seaside Dot and Blush Quartz/High Noon Dot Deep Breath Tanks in.


10 comments:

Tracy Reifkind said...

LLA, please wear the black headband with your dot CRB! Sophisticated is a better look than "matchy-matchy"! jmo

LuluAddict said...

I was just wondering if I should pair one of my pink, purple, gray, or a contrasting color headband with it.

LuluAddict said...

Something without dots for sure!

Sourkraut said...

Those crops! The subtle dots! That ruffle! Love. But, uh, that price tag. Yikes.

Sourkraut said...

Oh, and Ray is a total no-go for me too. I was at my store today shopping for a headband and they had the Pirouette in Ray. I couldn't bear it even as a small accessory like that. I'll definitely have to avoid it in actual clothing.

Anonymous said...

I'm so disappointed to hear that about Ray. I was hoping the color would be less intense in the swiftly material. I saw it in luon, and I know I can't bear it. I think it will be a pass for me, too. Oh well...

Minda said...

oh dear i was loving those black on black dots in the above posts until i saw price tag!!!! *GLOMP* lol.

Minda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I was also looking forward to the Swiftlys in Ray (my local store had them in LS, SS and tanks) but much too bright for me :(

Jill J. said...

I was just telling my husband that after buying the Flashlight define, I felt like I finally had enough defines. Now after seeing that blush quartz one with the high noon dot collar, I am not so sure!! Uh oh...

Thanks for always having these updates. I swear sometimes when I am in the store, I think I know more about the products than half the girls that work there!

-Jill

www.classywithakick.com