Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Do On-Line Returns Get Inspected Before They Are Put Back On The Website?

A lot of times people are able to pick up sold-out items when the items get re-stocked from returns. You can tell an item is typically a return where there are only a couple of sizes or colors showing back up in the item. However, I've read numerous stories where there is a problem - usually a snag or makeup - with the restocked items. Here is a very, unfortunately, typical story:

"Just a heads up - always check your online merchandise out carefully (esp. on items that were randomly returned)! In the last 3 months or so, I picked up 3 items online that were randomly returned (showed up only on the website in 1 size for 1 item long after it was sold out). Of those 3 ---- 1 had an incorrect hang tag for the size of the item, 1 came with a huge snag on it, and 1 had a band aid stuck to the inside of it."

Reading the band aid story kinda killed breakfast for me. I get mistakes are made but I've read these stories frequently enough over the past year or so to think there is a process problem in the returns department that needs to be addressed.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently had a pair of crops arrive with purple splotches on the waistband, and a shirt with a snag (team spirit). Initially, lulu wasn't going to accept the return back, either when I sent it back. A few months back, I ordered two pairs of grooves. One came with a spot of abrasion/pills, and both had what looked like pieces of dead leaves stuck to the waistband.

Anonymous said...

My angel define arrived with a stain on the sleeve.

Anonymous said...

I had this happen to me too. I saw 1 Back on Track Tank online and snagged it. Then when the package arrived I received a Back on Track Skirt. I was happy to get it but the tag said tank. I ended up gettting the skirt for the tank price which was nice. However, the hangtag was sloppily sown into the front of the skirt instead of the back. Very odd

Anonymous said...

That's gross! I have purchased many returned items and have never had a problem. I will be sure to check more carefully now though! I always feel like I've won the lottery when I snag one of these items!

Anonymous said...

I noticed that the plastic package of the re-stocked items sometimes come in just a plastic bag, no lululemon logos on package. When that happen I take extra time to inspect the items, but lucky so far nothing gross like bandage

Anonymous said...

I don't think Lululemon even knows what quality control is. Between constant bleeding, overall terrible quality and now return/purchase issues...needless to say they are about to lose a lot of customers (at least the smart ones) if this keeps up.

Anonymous said...

I returned an Apres Practice Anorak last winter because it had several big pulls in the outer fabric. I pointed it out to the SA, and she got out scissors and snipped the loose threads. I'm pretty sure they went right out on the floor again. So, I'm not surprised that the web store doesn't care, either.

Anonymous said...

Gross re: bandaid! If LLL had QC'd the repurchaser would never have know. Just goes to show why you must always wash your new clothes before you wear (I always have).

I agree with what 1:23 PM said about the absence of quality control. I've not had any problems, but I have heard this type of thing from friends. There are also some on-line reviews that mention some odd/poor/gross thing about the item they received. I remember reading one that said there was garbage in the pocket of a pant.

I've seen other retail stores sell flawed items on a big clearance rack. However, they include a big tag that states "sold as is stating *the problem/flaw*" and are dirt cheap. If someone wants to buy it with full info., then so be it. To resell it at full price or even at the new/reduced wmtm price, is not acceptable.

Anonymous said...

I ordered an XL heathered gray CRB in size 4 and when I tried it on it seemed small. I decided to try it later and when I looked again the carboard tag says 4 and the size tag says 2. Bummer! What is really annoying is that I am sure the reason this was returned is because it was sold as a 4 when it is a 2.