Sunday, September 30, 2012

NEW! Spin It to Win It Crops

New Spin It to Win It Crops. The crops seems to be optimized for spinning - shorter length, articulated knees, and a gusset optimized for spinning. I wonder what that means. I know I have won pinholes into the crotches of my luxtreme crops from rubbing on the saddle. I wonder if these are reinforced or double lined. That would be nice but I doubt it. I like the crops but don't want an attached skirt. I hope there is a skirtless version. I need to remember to check these out when they hit the stores.


  • the skirt is made with breathable, wicking Ultra-Light Swift
  • anti-stink micro-diamond mesh behind the knees to help you keep your cool
  • the rise is higher in the back for a little extra bum coverage
  • the articulated knees let you spin without restriction
  • gusset designed for comfort on the bike
  • 44 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Good Lord!! can you say WMTM????

    Kathleen said...

    I would think the skirt would be ridiculously flapping all over the place during a spin class or on a bike? I don't understand these at all...

    Anonymous said...

    Very confused by the skirt as well. The last thing you want when you are sweating your butt off on the bike is any extra material.

    Christie said...

    I think I'd like them for running. I think they are cute!

    Anonymous said...

    Do the LLL designers actually participate in any of the sports they design clothes for? Maybe if they did these clothes would be more grounded in reality. As it is that garment screams fashion victim/lululemming to me. These pants are on the same level of ridiculousness as the many, many harem pants they try to sell us. Don't get me started on the ballet tutu and some of the bike wear.

    I agree LLA, the pants would be worth a look at least without that stupid skirt. Maybe CD is purposely releasing this stuff as a joke at our expense. ;)

    Anonymous said...

    I like it. Wonder how it would perform if used for running.

    jcrew1985 said...

    Completely silly looking! Soon to be in WMTM.

    Anonymous said...

    Lulu did it again...take something great and add frills to make it "appealing" and girly...

    Realize that it doesn't sell...post on wmtm within the following week...

    :(

    Unknown said...

    I love that skirt! I can't wait till these reach WMTM and I can snap them up for a more reasonable price.

    LuluAddict said...

    I know Runningskirts and Skirtsports both offer capris with skirts on top but those are for running. I believe skirtsports also offers a version for cycling.

    Anonymous said...

    Lululemming...LOL!

    These are terrible, I saw a woman running in a full long sleeve-dress type running outfit ( not-lululemon ) the other day and I thought to myself "that looks so weird and ugly". No skirts/frills/dresses for this runner...I think they look ridiculous-lulu running skirts included!

    Anonymous said...

    This is totally OT, but I am hoping to see some cozy fall pieces this week! I love my lulu for working out and I'm also starting to get use out of my collection at home and at sports for my kids. I would love some dance studio-type pants, with slimmer legs and less "wrinkles" in them to wear outside the gym. I love how cozy, trendy and feminine most of lulu's designs are. Just yesterday, a woman at Zumba told me I had the cutest workout outfit she had ever seen. As long as the quality stays, I will keep on buying!

    Jen said...

    Athleta also has skirt/leggings combo for running, and a couple for yoga as well. The skirt on this pair of crops is just way too short. It's like they had fabric left over and needed somewhere to put it. Pass for me.

    Anonymous said...

    I don't think they are that bad. I think the skirt offers modesty in a sport where you have people staring at your butt for long periods of time.

    Also, I imagine the special gusset design might have some chamois padding and the skirt would hide the diaper butt look. After all, Lululemon creates designs that can be worn as to and from clothes as well.

    Anonymous said...

    Lulu addict what do you think the chances of the pedal power jacking getting a second mark down? I have the worst luck, as soon as I order something it gets marked down or marked down more!

    Anonymous said...

    Perhaps there is a skirt as the Luxtreme is thin or sheer in a seated, cycling position? I have a number of Luxtreme running crops that are not sheer at all for running and not even when I bend over. I do recall, from having read reviews, that this is not the case for everyone. Some customers find Luxtreme sheer for cycling, spinning, bootcamp, crossfit. In having made a crop for spinning, one would think that LLL would resolve any sheerness for the activity. As for the gusset, maybe there's padding.

    Anonymous said...

    @ 3:58 PM, as for a Dance Studio type pant with less wrinkles, you would be seeking the LLL Quick Step Pant, which is currently unavailable. I have 2 pairs that I love and I prefer them over my DS pant. More tailored and neat. I REALLY wish LLL would bring them back!!!

    Anonymous said...

    The gusset might be larger, like they are on my ride on crops. I think that way the seams are better suited for a cycling seat. The skirt seems cute, ultra light swift is a nice material.

    Amanda said...

    Obviously this is their solution to the sheerness problem lol... why not just go back to the original, superior quality luon... that would hide anything.

    Kathleen said...

    @ the gal looking for slimmer fall pants that would be good for going out and about: did you check out the pedal power pants? I loved them but am a tad too long- waisted for them. Those pants were absolutely adorable and the purple pair is currently in WMTM.

    Anonymous said...

    i do like these for the "modesty" factor some ladies have mentioned. some women at my gym have the athleta ones and they look fine. in my part of the country even a turbo tank or NLT are kind out "out there" with "all" the skin one shows. i like lulemon's combo better because the athleta skirt almost seems too long.

    Anonymous said...

    I really like this. I'm hoping it has some padding. Does anyone know if it does?? I'm just getting into cycling and would really like something like this.

    Kathleen said...

    @ Anon 6:43... If you do cycling on a road bike these will probably not have enough padding even if they do have some. The padded shorts they released earlier this year were designed for cycling (instead of spinning) and even the chamois on those was a bit thin for my liking. For some great shorts you might want to check out Canari. Those are my absolute favorite cycling shorts.

    A lot of women default to Pearl Izumi but I really think Canari's blow those out of the water. I told a family member who is a triathlete about them and she is now hooked as well.

    However, if by "cycling" you do spinning, lulu might be totally adequate and stylish. My boyfriend has a spinning bike at his house and I really like the cycling line that was released earlier this year for it. His bike has a standard seat, so my cycling shorts are pretty uncomfortable on that thing while the lulu shorts are perfect padding-wise for a long session.

    Eric said...

    more information about the cycling line found here

    http://www.lululemon.com/community/blog/a-glimpse-at-new-gear-spin-it-to-win-it/?cid=twitterblog

    Anonymous said...

    In some of my spin classes, we sit, stand, sit stand, and this extra fabric in the skirt would get on my nerves. I can imagine it getting in the way. However, if the other stuff was reinforced and padded, great (w/o skirt!)

    Anonymous said...

    LLL posted on their blog a glimpse of the new spinning capsule.

    http://www.lululemon.com/community/blog/a-glimpse-at-new-gear-spin-it-to-win-it/?cid=fbspinit

    Anonymous said...

    Some of the new spin gear on the website- tank looks promising

    http://www.lululemon.com/community/blog/a-glimpse-at-new-gear-spin-it-to-win-it/?cid=fbspinit

    LuluAddict said...

    Thanks! Just took a look at the blog.

    Pink Peony 4 said...

    This is ridiculous looking. Might as well buy the presta shorts on wmtm. I can't imagine somebody wearing this to and fro either. That skirting or whatever flap is just out of place.

    LuluAddict said...

    There's obviously a market for them. Athleta makes crops with skirts, too.

    Anonymous said...

    The skirt reminds me of the ice skating skirts I used to wear when I was about 9 yrs old. No likey.

    Anonymous said...

    imho- these are awful looking!

    Anonymous said...

    I am sure those will do well in NYC lots of women wear crops like that at the gym I got to.

    sophia said...

    @anon 4:42 - you're so right!!! it does look like a figure skating outfit! i like it though (:

    Anonymous said...

    If I did spin often I would totally buy these, I think they are super cute!!

    sophia said...

    @anon 7:57 - well, i live in nyc...so maybe that explains why i like it and others dont!

    Anonymous said...

    Kathleen, that's for tip on the Canari shorts. I too looked at the Pearl Izumi shorts by default and they just don't appeal to me. Yes, by cycling I mean road bike (actually more of a commuter bike... I'm looking at buying the Specialized Vita) riding for exercise, for fun, and for commuting. Any bike recommendations $500-$700 range?? I'm totally new to this...

    Has anyone tried the velo vixen shorts on WMTM for cycling? My size 4 is the last size left and I'm thinking about getting them. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

    I might buy these crops for spinning if they're padded. I don't wear anything padded now and I'm almost always sore.

    Thanks in advance! I love that everyone on this blog is so helpful!

    one guy's opinion... said...

    just one guy's opinion...

    i often go shopping with girlfriends and i have a hard time tempering my excitement every time i set foot in one of the many locations in NY, and each store has its own "vibe" (Upper East Side on Madison Avenue has a VERY different clientele than Union Square...). Overall, almost anything lulelemon is sexier, more flattering and more defining/shape hugging than a red cocktail dress... i am not a fan of women who do not know how/what to wear underneath their bottoms (panty lines, camel toes, etc. are not a turn on). That said, i happened upon this crop for spinning and all i can say is PLEASE do not buy this! do not buy for yourself, do not buy to impress guys (you will not) and do not wear to your Soul Cycle class... you will be ridiculed. just trying to be helpful and provide an opinion on what doesn't work (in the real world) and what will stop traffic. so... what does stop traffic? crops and shorts in any color besides black. if it's chilly, put on your boogie shorts (i just purchased a pair for a girlfriend in the bright blue), a long sleeve shirt and a vest. i promise you, you will turn heads...

    (from a straight, late 30's, professional, lives in NY)

    bk4572@yahoo.com

    JEK said...

    My fave real cycling shorts are Louis Garneau Power shorts. Worth every penny. Giordana red is also good. About $200 but the only serious shorts I wear on the road for distance. There's a sale currently at Real Cyclist website.

    I wear pearl Izumi sugar shorts for spin class. I found the canaris didn't last long. My PI sugar has lasted for years and years. I pair it with a short sleeve swiftly and I'm good to go.

    The Lululemon cycling gear is a total joke. I'd be laughed off the bike.

    Anonymous said...

    boogie shorts and a vest?? really??

    Kathleen said...

    @ anon 11:03 - you can probably find a great Trek in your price range used. Other people here might have differing opinions - but I bought the nicest used bike I could afford at the time. Since I'm not a hard-core "need the best of the best" cyclist it still serves me well over 2 years later.

    I recommend used because it is what I learned from a coworker's experience - he bought a new road bike that was a "starter" bike in his price range new. After a few months he wanted to graduate to a better model and he took a huge hit when he sold it.

    I pretty much second JEK's comment about the lulu cycling line. I bought some of the shorts and I really did not find them very functional. This is probably something you will not want to think about but definitely won't want to find out the hard way: padding matters - especially when you are just hopping on the saddle - and those shorts are pretty lacking in that department. I wasn't enthralled with the tops either - I feel like that like was not executed very well. I have some running tops that are perfect though - so don't feel the need to splurge a ton on special gear right off the bat, especially if you have some of the lulu running stuff already.

    Welcome to the world of cycling! Hopefully you'll find it is an awesome hobby and a great way to clear your mind while getting a great workout!

    sophia said...

    @one guy
    seriously?? you're giving out your e-mail? you're REALLY trying to pick up chicks from this blog?? oh, but only bright-red-boogie-short-wearing-around-the-city-chicks...gross.

    good to know that you're the creeper making cat calls to me as i walk down the street. you've actually just given every woman here a reason to go out and buy these capris/skirt...so that we DON'T have creepers like you staring at our asses. thanks.

    furthermore, it's well known that despite what guys may think, women don't actually dress to impress men...they dress to impress other women (there have been several psychological studies to this effect). women crave approval from other women much more than from the opposite sex. they also dress to feel good about themselves (which seems to correlate with thinking that other women will approve of their choice). many women just don't feel comfortable walking around nyc is boogie shorts. and even those that do, oftentimes feel MUCH LESS comfortable when they then get resulting cat calls while walking down the street. so if you really want girls walking around in boogie shorts, STOP "turning your head"

    just the opinion of a straight, lululemon wearing girl in her 20s who lives in nyc

    LuluAddict said...

    @ sophia - you go!

    I had to include his comment, I knew it would add a little spice to the day. ;-)

    I know guys who like to sit at the back of spin classes and check out the "ass farm" in front of them (one of my instructor's husband actually used this phrase) so if the ladies want to cover their rears with a little skirt, good for them and glad companies are responding to the market.

    Tifferoo said...

    I tried these on, and every male Ed around me laughed out loud. First, the skirt, in almost everyone's opinion, needs to be longer. It doesn't cover the bum. Second, they are so light (I'm sure good for breath ability) they offer no compression or "holding in" whatsoever.