Thursday, September 27, 2012

Purples Comparison - Tender Violet, Potion Purple, Lolo Purple, Ultraviolet, and More


I took a billion comparison photos of my purples for you. Tender Violet looks like Barney the Dinosaur Purple  - a very true purple - to me. The above photo was taken outside in indirect natural light. You can click on it to get a bigger image.
  1. Lolo Purple Mesh Headwrap
  2. Potion Purple Define
  3. Tender Violet Bangbuster
  4. Ultraviolet Bangbuster
  5. Power Purple Mesh Headwrap
 The same grouping rearranged (the pink in the left is Pow Pink):
  1. Potion Purple
  2. Power Purple
  3. Ultraviolet
  4. Tender Violet
  5. Lolo Purple
 1 - Potion Purple, 2 - Ultraviolet, 3 - Tender Violet, 4 - Lolo Purple, 5 - Jellybean Purple

Taken outside


This is taken inside in flourescent light: 
  1. Jellybean Spark Tank
  2. Concord Grape Tame Me Tank
  3. Tender Violet Bangbuster
  4. Lolo Purple Mesh Headwrap
  5. Potion Purple Define
 One more comparison: Tender Violet Bangbuster on bottom, Violaceous Dance Headband on the left, Dewberry Space Dye, Raspberry/Black Dance, and Raspberry (I think) on the right. One of those last two could be Orchid, I think. Anyway, they're all pinker than Tender Violet.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting. I'm going to be in trouble with this color, I like it a lot!

LuluAddict said...

I know! It looks really nice with Pow Pink. If there is a solid Define and CRB coming in TV, I definitely want them.

Anonymous said...

LLA, you crack me up! I love these color comparisons and the sneak peak into your personal collection! Show us your updated swiftly headband rainbow some time just for kicks.
Just ran by my store. They had: Creamsicle Pop Power Ys, Tender Violet Speeds, BD/Pretty Pink Turbos and Speeds, and Black Groovy Runs. I like the new orange in person. It's much more wearable for me than Flare, which I've passed on. Can't wait til we get some swiftlys in this color. IMO, the gorgeous BD color loses something in the Turbo shorts fabric. I have the BD WUs and the define, and this color in Lyon is just lovely, but the shorts looked sort of browned out to me by comparison. I really want to try out the Groovy Runs, but I want a fun color. So, I didn't even try them on. As always, I'm anxiously awaiting what's next.

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 4:26 pm - quite a bit of my lulu collection is in the purples and purpley blues like Bold blue/wish blue and Bruised Berry so I'm kind of excited about Tender Violet.


Is Creamsicle Pop a bit neon in person? It comes across like that when it's next to Tender Violet.

Anonymous said...

love the comparison photos LLA!! I wish I hadn't missed out on lolo purple, it looks so nice! That being said, tender violet is also gorgeous and will be very dangerous for my wallet is it comes out in a define or in stride.... uh oh!!

Canadian eh said...

Lolo & Wish are my all time favourites.

Anonymous said...

@LLA - Yes, Creamsicle Pop is a bit neon. Less so than Flare, but brighter (?) than Pop Orange. I'm not sure brighter is exactly the right word. I should have taken a picture. To me Pop Orange was like a sorbet color gone neon. Creamsicle seems more color-dense than Pop; more vivid somehow. I like it!

Anonymous said...

Anon 4:26 how does Creamsicle Pop compares to Dazzling?

Anonymous said...

LLA did you leave Dewberry and Bruised Berry out of the purple side-by-side comparison because they are nowhere near to Tender Violet? Is it safe to assume that?

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 10:14 pm - yes. I have headbands in those colors, too, but they aren't even in the same family. They are closer to Ultraviolet, which I already have in the photo.

LisaLuvsLulu said...

Oh my goodness, Lulu addict! Ask and I shall receive!! Thanks so much for the awesome purple color comparison photos! I knew you were a fan of purple and blues..! Whoa! Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Anon 10:11 - To me Dazzling is a true orange (on the red side) while Creamsicle Pop is a lighter shade (on the yellow side) and slightly neon. Maybe this doesn't mean anything to people who don't live in the South, where we worship college football, but here goes: Dazzling is Auburn University orange while Creamsicle Pop is closer to Tennessee Volunteer Orange. While we're on that subject, I'm partly in love with BD because its Mississippi State maroon, which is where I went to school, and I intend to wear these pieces as casual wear to cooler football games this Fall (not together though, y'all, I'm not a face-painting, wig-wearing type fan or anything :)

Anonymous said...

@Anon 8:25 -- funny you made that analogy! I know you were going to say Tennessee! Also, the main reason I DONT like anything in the bordeaux drama is bc I feel like it was all made for Virginia Tech students! hahaha