Saturday, September 8, 2012

Today's Shopping Trip

I tried on the Star Runner LS today. I thought it fit on the snug side all over and if you were planning to layer something like a Swiftly LS underneath you might want to size up. I didn't really care for the epaulet-looking folds on the shoulders in the photos but in person I liked them. Since I have narrow, sloping shoulders I thought it added width to them. I like that this long sleeve has a zipper pocket in the back. I think that is a new feature for a lululemon long sleeve top, though the pullovers have had them forever. All in all, I liked the Star Runner LS a lot. I have a couple of Turn Around LS and four pullovers so I don't need one. However, if the right one popped up in Bordeaux or a Winter White I might decide I could use one more.

I also tried on the Star Runner Pullover. I thought this fit a roomy TTS. I didn't like this top nearly as much as the LS. The shoulders not only have the epaulet-looking things on top but also gathers where the sleeve meets the body so they poof up when your arms are not hanging straight down. I'm not a fan of poofs on the shoulders. The bust seams also hit me way too high. I think the mesh used on the Star Runners gets pulls in it very easily so I'd prefer running luon tops with the circle mesh. It's an okay running pullover but this is the first one of the season. Lululemon will come out with a few more.

I also made a point to try on the Bright At Night shorts since I noticed a lot of people running in them at the Disneyland Half Marathon. They are fairly new so to have such a noticeable presence must mean they are pretty good. I really liked them. I have a bedonkadonk rear and larger thighs and these were the lulu run shorts that fit me the best. I noticed a lot of women who ran in them at Disney had more athletic thighs so I was hoping they would work for me. I'm not quite ready to run in shorts this short yet but I'm hoping to get there by next summer. If the Speeds and Turbos have not worked for you definitely check out the Bright At Nights. They get good reviews on the website.


I ended up buying a pair of Bordeaux Drama Studio Crops. I thought these fit a little more relaxed in the waist than the Wren and Black ones I already own. I laid them on top of the Wren ones when I got home because I was convinced they were bigger. They weren't so I think the looser feeling was due to the waistband material being stretchier. Anyway, I think I am going to sell my Wren DSCs because I have more tops that will go with the Bordeaux.

I saw the Gust Buster vest when I was at the store. They only had a couple so I think they got an incomplete shipment. The fleece was kind of weird - like thick felt and not what I think of as fleece. The largest size they had was a six so I didn't bother trying it on. I think it's kind of pricey for $98 and I felt no lust to own it.

19 comments:

Sb said...

I went to my local store and bought the Star Runner LS in Abgel Blue. The material is soo soft and thick. The fit is nice and AB is gorgeous. I also got the Gust Buster vest in pigment blue and I love it. The vest is light weight and cozy. The back is lovely. I had to size uh since I will be wearing a long sleeve underneath. I also found an old WUC deep in the back of the cabinet, in color Plum. I really like Plum so gotnthatbtoo.

Anonymous said...

Bought the SS star runner in cashew stripe and the black GB vest...love the vest!

I bought 3 or 4 Turn Around LS last year but never a SS, so this time around I decided on the SS thinking I could layer a thin LS underneath if I wanted to (like the sunblocker). At first I did not like the little ruffle at the top of the sleeve, but when I tried on the vest over it the little ruffle kind of poked out at the top of the vest arm opening and I thought it looked cute. I'm between a 6 and an 8, and I went with the 8 because the shoulder/sleeve seam fit was better. I already have a ton of pullovers and long sleeves so it's going to take something really special for me to buy another....maybe a true green?

I love the vest and I thought the price of $98 was appropriate. The asymmetrical neckline is not as extreme at the Track time jacket neckline and I thought very flattering the way the collar "stands up". I love white, but didn't love the white vest! The black was a no brainer, gorgeous and versatile, but the blue....that took a bit of will power to walk away from! (still thinking about it!) Gorgeous color, especially paired with black, but how versatile? $100 to spend on something else! I've got to stop buying multiples! lol

OH, and I got some inside news...my store is expecting the Bordeaux Drama Dance Studio Pants at the end of the month? Geez, or did he say Oct? Either way they're coming!!!!!!!!! So glad I passed on the crops!

Anonymous said...

Wow I wonder if that means we will see pigment blue studio pants as well!

Anonymous said...

Wow does that mean we might see the pigment blue dance studio pants as well?

Jane said...

Totally OT... finally got myself a Pop Orange Define in the weekend and it as absolutely GORGEOUS!!! My new favorite jacket I think! The fabric is super soft (like the angel blue) and stitching is perfect. So any Aussie girls who've been on the fence about this one I say grab it while you can :)

Jen said...

I tried on the star runner pullover in the new RC showroom today. LOVE! So comfy and warm. Was worried about a bulge with the pocket, but nope, none. Must. Get. One.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone have a black in stride jacket, because I bought one today----I noticed that the top zipper was silver, while the bottom zipper is black. Is that normal? On all of my other in strides, the top zipper is the same color as the bottom.....

Zoojwa said...

I want dance studio jackets. Are they even going to bring them back?

Anonymous said...

I got a pair of Relaxed Fit Crop ii on markdown in store this past Friday, for $59. They are "coal" colour (a dark heathered grey). They had the RED "luon" hangtag attached to them, which LLL stopped using a while ago. This is an odd find, yes? They were hanging out in the store room? I bought my usual size 4. They also had sizes 8 & 10.

HPSauce said...

So I finally made it to a store today.. Tried on the star runner Pullover, and wasn't impresse at all. It was deff tighter, and I had already sized up one, and the seams on the bust are really unflattering on a larger bust. I really wanted to like the star runners as they are oh so soft, but I was looking for a long sleeve top for snowboarding, and the LS reflective details on the cuffs didn't do anything for me. I wear wrist guards when I'm on the bill, and I think they'd just add extra pressure points bunched under them.
I ended up going with the power purple LS swiftly tech. I loved how fitted the sleeves were, while the rest of the shirt was just right. Not too clingy. The material feels pretty thin, so I'm not too sure if I'll wear it alone or as a base layer under my SS Rulu shirt I have for added warmth. I do get pretty sweaty while moving on the hill, but cold when riding the chair back up, so we'll see how it goes.
I really wanted to grab a pair of pants, but wasn't liking what they had in my size. I need a lighter color pant and can't go with straight black as I have two orange cats, and the hair sticks like crazy. I tried the white slub denim Groove, but it was a little too tight in my regular size, But they didn't have a size up. I really wanted to get a pair of the denim Astros, but alas, nothing in any lighter colors for my size. Might have to see what I can get while they're online.

Julie said...

I didn't like the star runner tops/pullover for exactly the reasons you said LLA. I didn't like the shoulders on either top. The bust seams on the pullover were ok on me though. I figure that there will be another top and pullover I like better. If not I can always buy someone's unwanted one from a previous year. Easy pass for me.

Julie said...

I didn't like the star runner tops/pullover for exactly the reasons you said LLA. I didn't like the shoulders on either top. The bust seams on the pullover were ok on me though. I figure that there will be another top and pullover I like better. If not I can always buy someone's unwanted one from a previous year. Easy pass for me.

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 6:28 pm - It's weird how old stock pops up now and then - they must uncover it in their store room or warehouse. The Red luon tag stuff isn't super old but $59 is a decent deal for a core color like coal.

@ zoojwa - The dance studio jacket makes annual appearances so I would think it'll be back eventually.

LuluAddict said...

@ Jane - Totally jealous! Are you in Australia or New Zealand or have a friend ship it to you? I have not seen it pop up in North America yet.

Anonymous said...

Hi LLA- do you need an Aussie/NZ angel? Heathered pop orange define is showing on Aussie side in all sizes for $129-. If you'd like it, I'll drop you an email and can ship it to you from here.

Anonymous said...

Anon 5:56 -- I have a black in stride from last year (think I bought it around Sept 2011) and it has the same zippers you described (silver on top and black bottom). Never noticed it before until you made me look. My only other in stride in Wren has both zippers the same color.

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 9:35 pm- Thanks for your offer but I decided i can live without a pop orange define for now. I went a little crazy with Defines last month anyway. :)

Jane said...

LuluAddict I'm in Australia but my nearest store is 2 hours away and this was only my second visit! I'd been eyeing the pop orange online for ages but it really was so much nicer in real life... I couldn't resist. It makes a nice set with my Angel Blue one! lol :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Anon @10:11-thanks (I'm the one who asked about the in stride zippers). I just wanted to know before I make the trek back to the store with it, but it sounds like this may be normal for the black ones.