Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Today's Shopping Trip

I went down to the store today to take a look at the Pretty Pink and Bordeaux Cool Racerbacks. I also wanted to pick up another 105F Singlet since I am loving the Angel one I bought last week. One of today's surprises was how much I liked the new Aphrodite tank. I think a lot of comments are right, it looks best on those with a bit of a bust. The photo above illustrates that - I think it's the most flattering photo I've seen yet of that tank. I thought the fit was a figure-hugging TTS, very similar to the Power Y. The style seems identical to the Diversity tank except that the light luon is much thicker and supportive than the paper-thin Vitasea of the Diversity. You can also adjust the back vertical strap for a little more support. The tank comes up nice and high in the armpits so you don't have to worry about armpit fat issues. The v-neck is very flattering and a bit sexy since it shows some cleavage. Support is low but it's a perfect tank for barre class or low-impact activities like weight-lifting. I'm definitely keeping this tank in mind as one to get. If you liked the Diversity tank I think you'll really love the Aphrodite.

I tried on both the Bordeaux Dram and Pretty Pink Tonka Stripe Cool Racerbacks today. I didn't think they ran on the small side at all. They are 22% polyester, 70% nylon, 8% lycra. I thought they were soft and on the thicker side, definitely thicker than the heathered Angel Blue Cool Racerbacks. The Pretty Pink is rather sheer, though, so I didn't get it.

I tried on the new Bordeaux Virtue Energy pants. They seemed ok but didn't knock my socks off. Having luxtreme on the outside makes them very comfortable feeling but I'm not sure how great they look. They were an easy pass for me.


I also tried on the Bright At Night pant and really liked them. I loved the high waistband on them. The description says they are a medium rise but I'd say it's on the high side. I have no use for full-length luxtreme pants in my climate but if you need a pair for running definitely take a look at these. I did a bend test in the them and thought coverage was good.

I'm pretty sure this woman sized down 2 sizes in the 105F
I ended up buying myself another 105F Singlet in the Bordeaux. I love the Angel one I got a few days ago that I had to get at least one more. I wore the Angel to the gym on Monday for a weights and cardio workout.  It's such a comfy tank - very soft, light, and breathable - and I love being able to wear my own bra underneath. I've been wearing the Energy bra under it. I sized down so the armholes weren't so gaping. I'm thinking about going back for the black one, too. I can easily see having a whole wardrobe of these for the gym. This tank would work well for a large variety of athletic activities. I really hope these come out again in new colors.

Check it out - a Quality Control sticker. This was on the 105F Singlet. I thought I saw a sticker a couple of weeks ago when I first looked at the 105F Singlet but wasn't sure if it had migrated from something esle. I haven't spotted them on other items, though.


25 comments:

Shannon said...

That top photo is of Summerlin, Las Vegas girls at my local showroom. They're so sweet!

Anonymous said...

New items on WMTM!

Tempted by the Run: Sun Sprinter Crop but just got myself some run crops so will have to pass. Don't need more since I do more yoga than running.

The new stuff:
- Run: Team Spirit LS
- Run: Team Spirit SS
- CRB XL in Mirage
- WU Crop & Pant in Deep Indigo Slub Denim
- Run: Fast & Free Crop
- Run: Light As Air Short & Skirt
- Run: Speed Squad Short & Skirt

Was hoping for more summer-y tanks to be moved to WMTM but sadly, none.

Jamie Barba said...

LLA, do I remember you saying you went down 2 sizes in the Angel Blue 105 tank? I've really been eyeing that one but am really not sure what size to get. I usually wear a 10 in everything!

Also, just picked up a pair of fast & free crops on WMTM!! I'm looking at the team spirit tee, but there aren't ant reviews & I don't remember trying it on, so I'm unsure of sizing? The denim slug WUs also caught my eye, but I seem to remember hearing they get furry easily, so I didn't buy.

Crystal Valencia said...

Check out the new uploads to WMTM!

Shanni said...

Did you size down one or two sizes??

Anonymous said...

LLA - Did you see the purple check speeds at your store yesterday?!

Susan Alyse said...

Check out the new stuff added to WMTM! I scooped up the denim Wunder Under pants. They also had WU crops in there!

Brittany Burgess said...

New items in WMTM. WUC and pants and more!!!

let-there-be-light.net said...

Excited--I ordered the Aphrodite in pretty pink. Hoping I like it. I'm not very busty, but hoping it still works. Glad to hear it's not sheer! That was my fear.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you about both the tans. I had planned to go to hot yoga yesterday and changed my mind but only had skimpy yoga clothes so I picked up the 105F singlet and wore it over my shorts and energy bra. I really loved it it kept me covered but it was cool and soft. I tucked it in the back of my shorts so it would not roll up during inversions and it worked fine. I might also get another one.

Focus said...

Yippee skippee! Speed squad skirt to WMTM. I knew it would make it there, perfect for running, and a 2 for 1(skirt and short/tight)

Molly said...

Seems like the pictures on the website are wrong for the Bright at Night pant - looks almost low rise to me! I like my running pants higher rise so that kept me from ordering them - thanks for clarifying!!

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 3:48 am - I totally forgot to look for those speed shorts. I wish I had. I am curious to see the new violet color in person.

@ Shanni - I did go down two sizes but I am anticipating some further weight loss. If they had had the 10 in the Bordeaux I would have gotten that. I think the Bordeaux runs a little smaller than the other colors. One size down is fine in this tank. There is an interesting review on the website where a woman posts a photo of herself in her regular size and the next size down. I'll add a photo to this post of a woman whom I believe sized down 2 sizes.

LuluAddict said...

@ Jamie Barba - I think the Fast and Frees run TTS. I put up another photo of the 105F on the post where I believe the ed sized down two sizes so you can see how it looks when you go down two sizes. I think sizing down one size is fine. I actually bought two down because I'm anticipating further weight loss but I would have bought the 10 if they'd had it available. I thought the Bordeaux ran a little smaller than the other colors.

LuluAddict said...

@ Molly - I believe those models are much taller than me - I'm 5'5". I know the waist came up to my belly button when I tried it on. My rise is on the short side, too, I think when I compare myself to where everything hits on the models. The pants are cut for tall women, I believe. I had a good 3" that would have had to be hemmed off if I bought them. OTOH, the Fast and Free crops were a couple inches under my belly button when I tried those on the other day.

Anonymous said...

I was tempted with the 105F tank before but didn't like the very open arm holes. Now thanks to such good reviews, I wanna get one! Thanks LLA! :-)

Anonymous said...

I am 5'-2.5 and have a bust of 35ish
D-DD I normally take a 6 in tanks for most lulu stuff. for the 105F tank I sized down to 4. remeber that this top is supposed to be loose fitting. it is amazing for super sweaty yoga. I think it will work for super sweaty running as well.

Unknown said...

@ Jamie Barba I love the Team Spirit SS. It fits roomy TTS, but a lot of the fit depends on shoulders. I have pretty average-width shoulders, but someone narrower might have a gaping problem at the back.
The fabric is very slippery, so even though it's roomy, it's body-flattering.

Anonymous said...

There are Currant Studio Crops in all sized but 12 restocked on the Candadian side :)

Anonymous said...

I just ordered the fast and free with the split pea waist. and the engage bra in the purple color was at my local store, I also got two bang busters, tonka stripe and BD.

kukhuvud said...

So how well did Inspector 12 do? :)

LuluAddict said...

@ kukhuvud - lol. I haven't seen a problem in the stores with the 105F singlets. They are delicate, though, so you can't grind yourself into a rough carpet in a class but the stitching & fabric looks solid.

Jamie Barba said...

Thanks for all the reviews/info everybody! Unfortunately I missed out on the Caspian Team Spirit SS, but my mom is going to Dallas this weekend, so I'm going to send her to see if the stores there have it! I did get a pair of the F&F, though!

Anonymous said...

I like the 105F loose and flowy. my black one I wore with the energy bra angel blue and black shorts for yoga and it looked great and felt great. It is really light. Lets see how well it will hold up to wear.

Cindy-Lee said...

I went in today looking for pants. I wanted the Purple ziggy wee full length Wunder Under but they are out in my size. I looked for other pants, every one I liked were out of my size (except some had Black).

I am thinking... Dear Lululemon. Make and send more of the larger sizes. You had 2's, 4's, 6's and 8's in almost everything, in abundance but almost nothing in most pants in the sizes 10 and 12. I am a 12 and find it disapointing when I go in after receiving the notice "new item" and all my sizes are GONE. Not every one is a petite 2 or 4. MAKE MORE 10's and 12's.