Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Wee Space Limitless Blue Run For Your Life Crops with Various Swiftly Colors



I went to the store today to check out the new Black Swan Groove pants (loved) and ended up going home with the new Wee Space Limitless Blue Run For Your Life crops. I've been wanting in on the colorful run crop trend for awhile now but lulu hadn't been offering them in size twelves. I have to give them a little shout out for making many more of their colored bottoms available up to a twelve - thanks, lulu! Anyway, I really liked how they looked in the photos I posted this morning and I liked them a lot in person. I had tried the RFYL crops on last week and thought they were comfortable so the fact they came in a fun color that goes with a lot of my lulu wardrobe made it an easy sale.

The top photo are some of my Swiftly tanks. From left to right are: Pow Pink, Caspian Blue, Paris Pink, and Pop Orange. Of those four colors I like Caspian and Pop Orange the best but the pinks look ok, too.

The second photo are some of my short sleeve Swiftlys. From left to right are: Angel Blue, Antidote, Lagoon, and Potion Purple. I like all but the Potion but even that isn't bad.




My long sleeve Swiftly collection is a little more problematic. I have LS Swiftlys in Dark Classic Sport Gray, Lolo Purple, Alberta Lake, and Rocksteady. The Rocksteady (top) looks ok with the crops. The rest didn't look that great. I'm sure the new Limitless Blue Swiftly LS will look better but the Rocksteady is so similar I doubt I'd get another blue LS. The bottom photo is my Run In the Sun LS from the Sea Wheeze in Bright Lime. That actually looks pretty good. Black also looks pretty fab with these crops. I have a couple of black pullovers and tanks I can wear with these.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cut the tag off my RFYL crops in Alberta Lake & the next day saw them in Wee Space Limitless Blue. They are really cute! It'd be my 4th pair of crops though...3 Lulu & 1 Athleta. What to do?! :)
Thx for the color suggestions!

Anonymous said...

LLA- I really want to buy the RFYL crops in the Wee Space blue but Lulu's description on the website says they're low rise - do they feel like low rise to you?? They don't look it. How do they compare to the WU rise? Appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Ok, you convinced me! I love the blue Run for Your Life Crops! Thanks for the pic with all the swiftlys. The color combinations seem limitless (hahaha!) I already have these crops in black and I love them. I am going to love them even more in the blue! Especially love the black and blue color blocking on the back side.

Wendy said...

@anon 2:12 - I just got the RFYL crops in black, and I was hesitant about the low rise when ordering online. But I think the rise is better for me than the WUC. Maybe the luxtreme fabric stays more put? I dunno. The rise works for me, though....wish they made higher rises in general....grrr

Anonymous said...

I've definitely learned that I need to try bottoms on before buying them, especially if I want to buy them off of WMTM. Low rise absolutely doesn't work for me. I actually ripped my Fast and Frees off in disgust today after the unsightly muffin top they gave me. I thought I could deal with it, and I can't. Medium rise is hit or miss since half the medium rise bottoms hit me in the same spot as low rise, and half of them hit me at high rise level. I love the high rise of my ebb and flows and am looking forward to their re-release, assuming Lulu hasn't "changed them for the better" like so many of their other re-design failures.

Anonymous said...

The limitless blue is beautiful but I really hate the color blocking... I'll have to check it out in person!

Canadian eh said...

Hello fellow addicts.... are our bleeding issues over? Any of the new stuff leaking? Love the Black Swan/pink combo...but afraid...
LLA...advice?

Ching-a-ling said...

Thanks so much for the color suggestions. I walked out with these same Wee Space Limitless Blue Run For Your Life crops too. They look AWESOME, no sheerness or shiny issues and fit and look GREAT that the make the two AL crops (same Run for your Life and the AL horizontal striped Top Speed) I bought last week pale in comparison.

Anonymous said...

Love the low rise.

@ 2:08, one can never have too many running crops, especially if you're actually a runner.

Ashleigh said...

Does anyone have any problems with the gusset? I really prefer the diamond gusset however have heard it just depends on the new pant with the new gusset. I'm just scared of the dreaded camel toe.
Thanks in advance.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashleigh- I think most Lulu running crops have had a triangle gusset for some time. I have inspires from three (?) years ago that have a triangle, and all my others since then (marathons, sun sprinter, RFYL) do too.

They seem to be just fine. It works with the sporty style, no issues for me.

Stephanie said...

LuluAddict, or anyone--

Do you find that sweat marks show up noticeably on the Run For Your Life Crops in Limitless Blue Wee Are From Space? I sweat like a madwoman sometimes, so I always wear black crops, but black gets so boring! I want these to work but I am afraid sweat will be super noticeable. TIA!

LuluAddict said...

@ Stephanie - I think the pattern hides sweat well. Dab a wet finger on it test it out.