Monday, November 26, 2012

My New Precious


I finally got my grubby hands on the technical shirt that the staff got to wear for the Sea Wheeze. Volunteers got Five Year Tees with the same logo and staff got Metal Vent Tech shirts and Cool Racerbacks.  I really hope lululemon decides to offer a technical shirt to racers at the event and consider making a Swiftly tee or tank (since it's a summer race) with the Sea Wheeze race logo and info the entry giveaway for the ladies. I know I will be wearing this shirt a lot when I train. My husband wears his race shirts when he runs and I see a ton of people wearing their race shirts when they are out training or just out and about. A technical tee is free race promotion so I don't see the downside of plopping the race info on the giveaway or at least some of the technical gear for sale.


The Cool Racerback the staff got to wear had the fish on the front and looked like the top photo on the back. If anyone is tired of theirs and has a size 10 or 12 in good shape they'd like to get rid of and make some extra cash for the holidays contact me at lululemonaddict@gmail.com. I will not publish that anyone sold me this, I will not wear it at the 2013 Sea Wheeze (I'll have some new Disney race shirts to wear by then), and will take your name with me to the grave. It will be our little secret and you will be my new BFF.  ;-)

10 comments:

Eric said...

Totally jealous here luluaddict... hopefully Ill be able to get one at the next seawheeze.. flight is booked :)

Anonymous said...

Ah, how I covet thine purchase!! And if anyone has one of these crb seawheeze puppies in a size 6 and is looking to make some cash, email me at corithompson@me.com!

Stefanie said...

That technical shirt is EXACTLY what they should give to race participants next year. I'm planning on going next year as well, along with the Disney World Princes half, and would love some clothing that not only promotes the race, but also validates my hard work in training. So looking forward to these races!

Anonymous said...

Nawwww, if I had one of those CRBs I'd absolutely give it to you LLA!

Come to think of it, I do know talented graphic designers and nice screenprinters, just need a plain white lulu CRB and some magic... (just kidding)

I'd absolutely wear a tech tee like that. Got a good tech one for a race a couple of years back and do wear it as opposed to the cotton ones which get carefully "filed" away.

Anonymous said...

And if anyone has either of these shirts in an 8, I'm your gal. I want one SO bad for my daughter. It was her first (and probably her last half as she has a horrible knee). She wanted something that said half marsthon on it in the worst way. commons128@ameritech.net

Anonymous said...

lulu are a bunch of tight asses and it would cost money to have logos/print on their giveaway merchandise. Remember, they are all about cutting cost, making shotty clothes and making as much money possible. Even the lamest 5ks put their name and race info on shirts. It's a no brainer!

Anonymous said...

they should at least have some shirts for sale with the race info at the marathons. It doesn't make any sense, because it is also advertisement for them.

M

luluFemom said...

So jealous - that shirt is awesome. But you, of all people, deserve it for all the time and energy you devote to keeping the rest of us up-to-date on all things lulu - guess there are some perks to being LLA. I'll try not be too envious...:)

LuluAddict said...

@luluFemom - lol, no perk involved in getting this shirt. My husband spotted it for sale and nabbed it. Well, I did kind of demand it from him after he said he was bidding on it and he already had his volunteer shirt from the Sea Wheeze. So, a wifely perk was involved.

LuluAddict said...

@ M - I know. It *doesn't* make sense.