Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 in Review: Part 3 - The Good

1. The Sea Wheeze - I know it was my first half marathon but it was freaking-A fun. Gorgeous route, great weather, well-supported, lots of entertainment, bright colors and beautiful clothes. If you run and are looking for a great destination race, go to the 2013 Sea Wheeze.

Silver Luon Flow Y

2. Fabric Technology - Lululemon may be faltering lately but their fabric technology is out in front of the great majority of their competitors who seem to be wedded to 100% polyester content. The fabrics may be on the delicate side but I don't think you can beat lululemon when it comes to breathability and the odor suppression of silver is awesome.

3. My Favorite New Items for 2012:

Ebb and Flow crops - a great example of fabric technology. An instant hit when they were introduced. Many people are looking forward to seeing them again.



Every Yogi LS, SS, and Tank - Oh, how I loved you. Why did you leave us so soon? Man, I really hope these make a comeback.


Bangbuster headband- an instant hit. I have fourteen of these now. Love!

Swiftly headbands - lightweight and grippy. Another great headband that came out this year. I bought a bunch of these, too, this year.

Wee Are From Space Excel Crops
Wee Space Print in Run Crops - Print run crops are hot right now and lululemon joined the competition with a vengeance this year. I love the Wee Space print - it hides sweat marks, thigh imperfections, and  visually slims legs and behinds.

Ta Ta Tamer Update - The Ta Ta Tamer was changed for the better. The cup shape changed to a cat eye (the other used to look like I had coconut shells strapped to my chest), there are now four rows of hooks in the back instead of three, straps are a tiny bit longer/have more stretch so it's easier to cross them. All-in-all a great update.

Run in the Sun LS - Now that it's cooler out I've been wearing this top a lot more for my training runs and I've come to prefer it to my long sleeve Swiftly tops. It's longer and it doesn't ride up. The sleeves also push up nicely unlike the Swiftlys which are wicked tight on the forearms. I hope we see these again next summer.

Namaste Tank - Lululemon has come out with various halter tanks over the years but this is the first that worked for me where I wasn't spilling out of the sides. The design is flattering to many shapes, too. I hope we see this tank again next year.

105F Singlet - One of my favorite purchases of this year. Super lightweight, comfy and great for hot weather and hot workouts. It looks great with an Energy Bra underneath. I prefer the ones with the scalloped edge detail. I hope to see these come back next summer.

Some Like It Hot Tank - This didn't work for me but looks awesome on the right shape. A unique and cute tank.

Bright At Night Shorts - I saw lots of these at the Disneyland Half Marathon. They're a hit for runners who like more coverage than Speed Shorts offer.

Right Round Tank - I know they didn't sell super well (I think because of poor color choices) but I love the Right Round Tank. I've used it for both spin and running and find it comfortable and cool. It has a very classic but flattering silhouette. I love the mesh chest, armpit, and back areas. I hope lululemon explores using mesh more.

Hot Cheeks Skirt - These have become a sought-after item for cold weather runners. I know my sister had me pick her up a couple when her store sold out. She loves them.

Alberta Lake and Bordeaux Drama - Two beautiful colors that came out at the end of the summer. I don't think we got enough tops in solid Alberta Lake so I hope we see a curtain call of this color next year.



What goes on your personal best lists for this year?



31 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE my back to class jacket!

Anonymous said...

my top 10 favorite purchases this year (based on how much i wear them and covet them):

beaming blue SS swiftly, black Om pants, april wee are from space in stride, march wee are from space run inspire crops, pop orange run engage bra, angel blue energy bra, ziggy wee caspian WUP, tender violet define, heathered menthol/heathered flash/black swan/pow pink CRBs (love 'em all so they are lumped together hehe), and paris pink speed shorts. Love these items to bits.

Anonymous said...

The DHBH pullover should be on the list. I know it was a "re-release" but i missed it the last time and am sooo glad i bought one this time!!

Anonymous said...

My favourite new items from this year were: Ebb and Flow Crops, Hot Cheeks Skirt, Ice Queen Pants and this years fleece Toasty Tech tights.
Items which I also liked but were originally way over priced were: the Coco and Paddington Softshells, the WTF pullover and WTF vest.

I also appreciated the return of the Don't Hurry Be Happy Pullover, as I no longer have any desire to buy the Scuba Hoodie after the design change.

Christie said...

I really like my Right Round tank but I want to see if anyone has experience something similar with theirs. The stitching along the bust where the two fabrics meet puckered some and snagged. This happened before I washed it. I had worn it to work under a blazer. There was a loose thread sticking out. It bothered me because it was right on the bust line and quite noticeable. Lululemon took the tank top back and I purchased another. This time in black (the other was alberta lake). The seaming along the bust line is all scrunched up and puckery after having washed it! There are no loose threads sticking out but it certainly doesn't look like it did before it was washed. I do love it but wish that didn't happen!

I need to try another Tata Tamer. I have 2 but they are the old style and I agree with LLM, they make me look like I have two saggy coconuts bolted onto my chest! lol

I regret returning my Ebb and Flows but hopefully they will be back.

One hit for me this year was the Don't Hurry Be Happy Pullover. It was the first thing that had me excited in a long time. It's just so darn comfortable. If I could wear it all of the time, I would!

Ching-a-ling said...

Great list LLA and I couldn't agree more with AL and BD. Those were my two fav colors in addition to Paris Pink and Creamsicle Pop this year.

My Top Purchases this Year:
1. Ebb & Flow Crops (they're like 2nd skin!)
2. Back to Class Jacket, I hope they rerelease this in different colors.
3. WAFS RFYL in Limitless Blue Crops. I love love love mine.
4. Heathered Flash Vinyasa - love the watermelony coral color.

That's about it. I felt like Angel Blue and all the iterations of Flash stuck around too long while Limitless Blue, BD and AL didn't get enough releases in product.

Anonymous said...

Tie and Fly for summer running.

Joy said...

Alberta Lake and Limitless Blue stole my heart!

Also was a HUGE love of the Star Runner pull over. I bought two!

Anonymous said...

Ebb & Flow crop
Run Excel crop
Run Fast & Free crop
Star Runner s/s
Run Make A Break Jacket
Run Bundle Up Jacket
CRB's in a number of blues

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the black and white laceoflage print. It is so sharp.

Anonymous said...

My Dance Studio jacket for sure! I WANT MORE!!

Emma said...

The Scuba *Stretch Hoodie is a little short for a long torso.Though i do LOVE the new mint one they just came out with. Best lululemon blog out-there, love following you! Happy 2013 lulu lovers :) <3

Anonymous said...

I agree with all but The Some Like It Hot. I loved the concept of the design, but it was a hot mess. Love the Yogi tees so much! Please re-issue. Oh, all the yoga camp crop.

purrfiktangil said...

Totally agree with Anon 1:37 PM --- love the Back to Class Jacket. I got mine in the heathered beige/grey color with the plaid hood lining and wear it all the time. Also, absolutely love the Bright At Night Crops, First Base Tank, Ice Queen Pants, Toasty Tech Tights, Toasty Tech Pullover, and the Black Swan Lined Dance Studio Pants (liner is super soft in that color).

Anonymous said...

I don't remember the striped scarf that is shown in the pictures with the hot cheeks skirt! Does anyone know if that's black and white?

Anonymous said...

I have a pair of navy Ebb and Flow crops that I think I've worn twice. Underwhelmed. Time to kick 2013 off with a Lulu eBay unload.

yogabelle said...

Thanks for the great Blog - Happy New Year!

I had a great first half of the year - some favorites:

Heathered Flash Define Jacket
Graceful flow tank
Black Denim Embrace Crops
Camo / Aquamarine Speed Shorts
Sea Wheeze Plaid Speed Shorts
Quiet Stripe In Stride Jacket
WAFS March WU crops
SE Flash LS Swiftly
Run wild 1/2 zip white jacquard mesh w flash accents
Navy flashback pullover
Beachy floral define w power y
Iconic wrap
Pigment Blue Star runner pullover

yogabelle said...

Thanks for the great Blog - Happy New Year!

I had a great first half of the year - some favorites:

Heathered Flash Define Jacket
Graceful flow tank
Black Denim Embrace Crops
Camo / Aquamarine Speed Shorts
Sea Wheeze Plaid Speed Shorts
Quiet Stripe In Stride Jacket
WAFS March WU crops
SE Flash LS Swiftly
Run wild 1/2 zip white jacquard mesh w flash accents
Navy flashback pullover
Beachy floral define w power y
Iconic wrap
Pigment Blue Star runner pullover

Anonymous said...

I love the scarf that girl is wearing in the hot cheeks skirt pictures, I guess I missed out on that one! What color are the stripes?

Sarah Kate said...

Runder Unders and Runder Under LS!

Tracy said...

I love the every day yogi tees. I have a SS and LS. I wish they'd make more!

Anonymous said...

I really loved my Dart and Dash shorts, Spinnerrette (sp?) shorts, Stuff Your Bra Tank, BEBL Power Up Tank

Anonymous said...

What scarf is that with the hot cheeks skirt? It looks like black and white stripe

Karen said...

Bright at night shorts for sure! LOVE them!! Esp with the turbos gone now, I'm glad I stocked a lot of these bc I don't know what of the current line-up will work for me when it's warm out again!

Karen said...

Bright at night shirts for sure! So happy I stocked a few extra pairs since the turbo style is gone now, too.

Top speed crop was great for me, too. Wish those had come in as many colors as run for your life did.

RunLikeTheWind said...

My best of list for 2012 would be the RFYL crops in wee are from space. I could stuff those things full of cottage cheese and they would still look fabulous. Also, my black heathered micro stripe CRB and anything in that yummy color, beaming blue or bordeaux drama. Hollah! Also, the Sun Sprinter crops and Bright at Night Shorts made my A-list for sure.
A nice positive post in light of all the bashing we've done recently. It's good to be reminded that yes, SOMETIMES this brand does get it right.

Anonymous said...

Bang buster. Nuff said.

Anonymous said...

For me, hands down, the SHORTY SHORTS were the best item of the year for my needs. I bought them in every color they were released in, including doubles in some, and wore them to run every day all summer and in all my fall races... I LOVE that they feel like a second skin AND that you can just drop your phone in the side pocket but still have easy access for GPS and music apps. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING THEM BACK LULU!!!

Anonymous said...

ick! "nuff said" the worst, most crass statement people continue to use! appalling.

Anonymous said...

the namaste halter I wore that one to death. the 105F singlet. great top for run or yoga or the gym
The shorty shorts which can be worn for just about anything including hot yoga. I have a few more to add to my list. I also loved the split pea color and the aquamarine and love red.

M

Anonymous said...

I found that all the jackets lulu put out were pretty hideous. I actually love the full stride skirt. I own 3 of them and I like the fact that they mellow out the bootie.

M