Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Today's Shopping Trip


I tried on quite a few of the new things today. First up was the new Silver Luon Shape Jacket. It fits lot bigger than it used, particularly through the upper arms, shoulders, and chest. This jacket used to be a definite size-up item when it was out a few years ago but now I'd say it fits True To Size. Even though it's super short the fit is very flattering and much better than the boxy Forme jacket. If you are on the petite side and used to find Defines too long for you definitely check out the Shape. I kind of like the blingy zipper on them, too. The silver luon fabric is thicker than cheap thin luon they are using in the Forme. The price is rather off-putting at $128 for such a basic jacket but the silver is a nice feature and does work when it comes to killing odor.


I also tried on the Lustrous crops and really liked them. If you have a meaty booty and legs I think you might like these crops. The waistband is also nice - high and wide. They were super comfortable and reminded me a lot of Wunder Under Grooves. I thought the luon fabric was ok in them - not scratchy and thin. If I get a gift card for Christmas I might get the black pair. I also tried on the Laceoflage print ones for kicks. It was definitely not for me. The print grayed out as it stretched over my legs.

QC sticker on the Power Up crops

I also tried on the Power Up crops and liked them. If I had to choose one or the other I'd go with the Lustrous because of the comfy waistband but these weren't bad. They are made of silver luon so feel a bit tighter and the fabric feels kind of spongy, which is how the silver luon felt to me last year. It's a bit thicker so has decent coverage.

I also tried on the white herringbone Wunder Under crops and really liked how soft and stretchy they were. The thicker fabric and texture smooth over imperfections. Contrary to early reports I did not find these crops at all sheer.

I ended up getting the black Don't Hurry Be Happy today. I exchanged the St. Moritz turtleneck I bought a week or so ago. I wasn't expecting to get it but I tried it on and liked it. I bought the Ghost DHBH last year but sold it a few weeks ago since I didn't wear it much and DHBHs were going for big $ on eBay. Anyway, I am going to give the DHBH another try. One issue I had with the Ghost is that I had to wash it after every wearing since I always got it dirty. I'm hoping to avoid that with the black this time. I've read reviews that say the running luon portions aren't as soft as last year's. That may be true but it's thicker than last year's, I think. I also think the body part feels as soft as last year's but some people are saying it was soft last year. The black is still pretty soft, IMO.


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned how the laceoflage grays out when stretched. It's one of the first things I noticed. Maybe it just doesn't bother anyone else? Certainly bothered me, and I only have a headband in it.

Marlies said...

I am loving the Laceoflage print. I have three items in Laceoflage already -- the Free to Be Tank, the Speed Short, which I thought I didn't like because of the black in the back and the print in the front, but actually I like it a lot (I wore them today at the gym), and the Scoop Neck Tank should arrive tomorrow. I hope the print placement is okay. I had purchased the Scuba Hoodie in Laceoflage but my husband LAUGHED at me when I took it out of the bag, so back it went. I am really tempted to get the Lustrous crop, and I don't even wear crops! Someone, please stop me! :-)

Anonymous said...

Good info, thanks for sharing...love your shopping reports!

I missed the DHBH top last year, but managed to snag it online this year so I can`t wait for it to arrive. It is -30 Celcius with the windchill up North, so I expect to get a lot of wear out of it!

Are we expecting an upload tonight, any rumors...

Anonymous said...

Did you find the white herringbone wucs sheer?

Anonymous said...

'Bling' on workout clothes in 2012 makes me cringe. Reminds me of Juicy Couture/bling furor in my high school days almost a decade ago. Thanks lla i am even more turned of by the jacket:) I will pick up a pair of lustrous crops in black though!

LuluAddict said...

@ anon 8:42 pm - Sorry I forgot to include that very important point - I did not find them sheer at all. I was very tempted to get them, in fact.

Anonymous said...

Are those leg warmers? Those look so cool and funky in the one photo! (Black with white stripe?)

Anonymous said...

Wearing the w/b herringbone WUCs now. Thanks, FedEx express! Comfy, soft, thick, not sheer.

Joyce said...

Hi! does the lustrous crop come with the triagular gusset? Any CT issues with this?

Olivia said...

I hope the white herringbone pattern will be available in regular length wunder unders. Love the pattern and they are soooo cozy and not sheer at all! Just don't think I would get as much use out of the crop version :(

megb said...

Was the DHBH a size down or TTS? Thanks

Minda said...

yes those are the chalet keep your legs cozy leg warmers at a redonkulous $78. See- this is something that annoys me. I have no problem paying for a quality item. But 78$ leg warmers? no thanks - obvious price gouging is such a turn off.

I've been off of Lululemon for quite some time and haven't been posting - but since I'm gearing up for the Princess Half Marathon in Feb 2013 - I knew lulu would have lots of something PINK for me to wear LOL!
- So I picked up the raspberry glo/ black swan reversible WUC, and the Raspberry glo CRB. I still need to find a tutu! LOL.

I decided to try out the new scuba stretch. - I know many have complained about the cheapness or thinness of the material - but living in Florida I do need a light cover in winter and sometimes the Scuba is just too hot! - I mean just yesterday the high was 81F !! IN december! YIKES lol - yeah. . . having a hard time feeling festive hah!

So - its the Beaming Blue Scuba Stretch for me as well as the black swiftly tank I've been wanting for a while.

PRior to this purchase I had gotten the brisk run neck warmer in black which I absolutely love! - The material is rulu and I adore it! I can wear this as a neck watermer or a beanie ! - I dig.

Also I have those macro stripe? WUC the black and grey fat vertical stripe ones. I really love them and I get tons of compliments on them!

So - After several months of no Lulu and focusing more with Nike, I seem to be picking a few things up here and there - I never actually swore off lulu - just didn't want to have to deal with disappointing returns because I did really like the colors of those light purple and light yellow - light pink WUC's that everyone unfortunately had to return due to sheerness.
-
Seems I mostly stick to dark colors anyway! - Cept these resp gl/ black swan wuc I just got! I dont mind if one color shows through - I think its kinda cool!
-
Ok I know I just wrote an essay LOL
Sorry! - But thanks for making it through and reading! See you around!

Anonymous said...

Yay thanks so much for the Lustrous crop review! I got them blind hoping thinking them might be similar to my precious old pair of wunder grooves. So glad to hear I was right--can't wait for my package today!

Anonymous said...

Has anyone heard if the DHBH will be released in additional colors? I sure hope so!

LuluAddict said...

@ megb - I got my TTS and I thought the black ran a little snugger than my Ghost from last year. I know the Polar Cream version runs large - I've seen a photo of last year's black laid on top of this year's Polar Cream and it was nearly a size larger. So, I'd ask for some more people's opinions here, but I'd say size down for the Polar Cream and stay your regular size for the black.

@ anon 6:57 am - It would be great if they released the DHBH in colors. I was almost thinking we might see a Black Swan since the OTM Jacket has the same Sherpa Fleece and it comes in Black Swan but for now I think it's just the cream and black. It's a shame, I would love some colors in this - particularly Alberta Lake and Bordeaux Drama.

LuluAddict said...

@ Joyce - I quickly looked at the gusset and I believed it was the triangle shape but I will check again the next time I go to the store.

Anonymous said...

would you say for the Lustrous crops and Power crops you take your normal lulu pant size? like the same size as wunder under crops? I know the silver luon can sometimes make pants tighter but not enough to size down in my experience. do you agree? thanks!

Anonymous said...

@6:57 AM I hope so too. DHBH in black swan !!!

LuluAddict said...

The Lustrous are a tough call. I'd ask more people on this board if they'd size down in them, particularly if they are thinner through the hips and thighs. If you are more meaty, that no on sizing down in the Lustrous but more slim women might want to. I would not size down in the Power Crops.

megb said...

Thanks for your sizing help! I got the my regular size DHBH in black lets hope it fits. I couldn't do polar cream due to kids and dogs lol. I wish it came in bordeaux drama!