Friday, December 7, 2012

Today's Shopping Trip

Bold in the Cold LS


The logo is on the left sleeve.
Bold in the Cold LS in Polar Cream and Black/Black Pique

I went to the store today to pick up a couple more Hot Cheeks skirts for my sister. Her local store in Oregon was out of them in her size and she is loving the skirt for her cold weather runs. While I was there I got to try on a few on the latest cold weather things. I tried on the new Bold in the Cold LS in the black and really liked it. It's made of brushed tech fleece in the body and arms were made of pique running luon. It's super soft and very cozy. I'd probably love it better without the back pleat and the big old reflective panel but it's not a deal breaker. The price is a bit daunting, especially considering the new Don't Hurry Be Happy Pullover is $20 less. I like this top but will wait for it to hit the markdown rack. It's a loose fitting TTS. I love to see more apres-style tops (with no stripes or color blocking, please) made from this brushed microfleece.


Bold in the Cold Run Pant

I also tried on the Bold in the Cold softshell/tech fleece pant. I thought these felt really warm and would be great for those who live in cold climates especially compared to the brushed luxtreme Ice Queen pants. I think the Bold in the Colds felt on the looser side, though.

Speedy Turtleneck

I also tried on the Speedy Run Turtleneck. I liked it. This running luon is on the thinner side, kind of like my older rulu pullovers. I thought it fit a figure hugging TTS. I especially like that there is no color blocking on it.


St. Moritz Sweater

I liked the feel of the cable knit part of the St. Moritz sweater and wish the whole thing was cable knit, or at least the front and back. I also wish it was a little longer. Easy pass.


I tried on the new Laceoflage Scoop Neck tank and really liked it. Before they disappeared I thought the Scoop Necks were starting to fit me oddly in the bust but this one was fine. This is a print so the material has a high poly content. I didn't think it was scratchy at all. Man, I really missed the Scoop Necks.



23 comments:

jen said...

Do you have a good recommendation for a compression running tight? I went today and bought a pair of the Runder Unders. The staff made sure to let me know they were not compression (I guess just casual running tights then). I would like some good running tights and I am not seeing anything at lulu right now! I don't need something super warm as I tend to get hot easily but need something for the 20-30 degree temps we have been having.

Anonymous said...

HOLY!! nothing appeals to me!! laceoflague...YUCK! :( Let's laceoflague everything to death! Ugh....

Minda said...

2xu makes a really awesome compression tight. also 0 if you aren't up for all the tech frills- I'm okay with the nike tech capri or full length =D

I usually like to run in wunder under crops with zensah compression calf sleeves . good luck!

Anonymous said...

I love the look of the laceoflage print, but I'm not excited about the high polyester content. Was it still soft? -SH

Ching-a-ling said...

So South Coast must be the So Cal cold weather store. All this winter stuff hasn't hit the Westside / SGV or SFV yet. I only got to see some of the items when the online orders were returned, so just onsies and twosies here and there with the exception of WTF jacket and pullover.
Would have really loved to try on those Hot Cheek skirts for the novelty of it.

I really love the way the Scoop Necks look but they're tight around my neck. I've lost a bit of weight so I'd really love for this new Laceoflage to work on me. Stalking this one now in the stores to try on.

Anonymous said...

I have worn the clear as mud pant at around -3C comfortably. There is enough compression for me from the knee up. Obviously nothing from the knee down as it is a pant not a tight. If that helps lol

LuluAddict said...

@chingaling - South Coast Plaza is THE SoCal (not sure if this includes San Diego but definitely LA) cold store so if you're looking for cold stuff it's there.

Anonymous said...

Still wondering how much the bold in the cold pants cost. Also, check out this alternative that I just found to the off the mat jacket. I bought one and returned it but I loved the idea and figured there had to be something on that same path but more manageable. I've ordered it but haven't gotten it yet...but still, looks so much less bulky. http://www.trekt.com/3341-ExOfficio-Womens-Persian-Fleece-Jacket.aspx

LuluAddict said...

@ jen - my sister really likes CW-X tights.

Anonymous said...

CWX insulator tights offer fantastic compression. They're all I run in up here, in the winter. Love em! Too bad there are no more bright at nights by lulu

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Minda!

Anonymous said...

Ditto to the CWX tights. Nothing beats insulator stabilyx tights!! Love!!

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering still too, what do the bold in the cold pants cost? Any how is the fleece on the back, I'm worried it's too soft and that it will pill easily after sitting on it.

LuluAddict said...

I forgot to take note of how much the Bold In The Cold pants cost but I thought it was something like $108.

Anonymous said...

That reflective back pleat is EXACTLY what I need for cold weather and safety! It's so beautiful! I NEED ONE!!!

jen said...

Thanks all! I will look into them! What is the waistband like? One of the things I like about lulu is they have a nice wide waistband on several pants and a higher rise with some too. My two children have not been kind to my midsection so a wider waistband is a must!! Thank you all!

Anonymous said...

I really try not to be a hater, but I find this all so ugly!
The sleeves on St Moritz sweater do not complement the cable knit, and the length is exactly what I try to avoid in sweaters. The laceoflage reminds me of spiderwebs; I'm sending back my order. Just a strange little comilation of mediocrity.
I'm not sad about it at all this time; this simply allows me to buy two DHBH pullovers.

sophia said...

bold in the cold pants are $118

Anonymous said...

I think the bold in the cold pants are truly technical cold weather gear. I really like them. I start training for a marathon in the spring, and these will be great for the cold wet nasty weather on the streets of NYC. I just have to come up with the $118.00 that they cost. I think they are nicer than the ones the Nike store had for $100.00

M

JEK said...

Not liking any of this stuff.
It's ok... I've actually been buying real clothes with all the money I've been "saving".

Unknown said...

I need a hot cheeks skirt in white or black size 6!!! LLA can ya help me out?? Even though I live in cold climate NONE of my local stores received them - really frustrating. Bought the red one in a size 8 and its a tad too big - but usable for over jeans to walk around :)

Anonymous said...

Ok so the cwx tights unf don't have a wide waistband but if you place them right you won't get muffin top. Well not too bad. My 2 kids were not kind to my figure either. The waistband is high so that's good but all muffin toppy problems are worth the trade off for how extremely supportive and compressive these tights are. I've found it hard to go back running in lulu after regularly using these tights. Totally worth the try, trust me!!!!!! These tights are amazing for running support and stay put.

Anonymous said...

Try the Canada goose website for an excellent down skirt. Fantastic products there.